General Yuzuru Chat

I thought I might make my first trip to a competition in Stockholm but not at those prices on those terms - do they think we can’t read or comprehend the terms after the last year?   As soon as I claw back a bit of cash from the ever open beaks of my children the ISU shifts the goalposts again and I have a rooted objection to daylight robbery.  Maybe he will go to Grenoble though I’d prefer it if he didn’t risk the ice tbh.

Just now, Sombreuil said:

I thought I might make my first trip to a competition in Stockholm but not at those prices on those terms - do they think we can’t read or comprehend the terms after the last year?   As soon as I claw back a bit of cash from the ever open beaks of my children the ISU shifts the goalposts again and I have a rooted objection to daylight robbery.  Maybe he will go to Grenoble though I’d prefer it if he didn’t risk the ice tbh.

I saw prices nowhere?

As to terms, maybe you meant :

"Tickets are not refundable. There will be no exceptions to this policy. The event schedule and the competing athletes are always subject to change."

Well, modifications of the event schedule and competing athletes are not what all-event-ticket buyers fear (unless they come only for Yuzuru Hanyu and he doesn't compete, but no one would think of asking for a refund).

Selling a gala exhibition and delivering something where very few competitors would skate and on a much smaller rink, and with some seats not even seeing skate that little, is not a "change" in "the event schedule", it is a mis-selling, an fraud.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

The article sounds very reminiscent of Olympics-chan who runs the Olympic social media. You think maybe they hired her? 

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Where were prices quoted? I searched the whole site and didn't see anything? 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know this is OT but please everybody watch this video.

This is advice we should be getting from out governments but thank goodness for this man. 

I wear disposable gloves when I shop and the wipe down everything with a clorox wipe as I remove them from the bags.  You can even clorox wipe a zucchini and then wash it after... The trick for me is to change out the gloves before removing stuff from the bags.  That way, you're starting with clean.  I was just lucky to have two boxes of gloves from Costco before the apocalypse so I have no qualms going through multiple pairs. This guy has some good advice.  But I still like the addition of disposable gloves.

8 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I was intellectually offended about the Skate Canada practices so I didn't buy any worlds tickets for Montreal but as the months passed and after I had that amazing experience in Skate Canada, I found myself regretting missing a life opportunity more than anything so I scrambled and settled for a lot of less than optimal situations to see Yuzu again.  I wasn't even considering Stockholm a month ago but now all I feel is the overwhelming weight of time passing and opportunities dwindling.  

But this is the perspective of someone who's held back and missed so many life opportunities her whole life as she enters middle age.  I totally understand where everyone else is coming from and I feel the moral outrage as well, but at this time in life, I feel the need to make the most of life's opportunities where I can and, realistically, the Olympics are out of reach and most athletes don't retire at the post Olympic worlds so this is the last chance to see him at a really big event.

However, as soon as he retires, ISU and NBC aren't getting a penny from me.  If I didn't know that it was so difficult to get tickets to even shows in Japan, I would follow him on tour like with concerts instead of spending money on ISU events

9 minutes ago, barbara said:

I wear disposable gloves when I shop and the wipe down everything with a clorox wipe as I remove them from the bags.  You can even clorox wipe a zucchini and then wash it after... The trick for me is to change out the gloves before removing stuff from the bags.  That way, you're starting with clean.  I was just lucky to have two boxes of gloves from Costco before the apocalypse so I have no qualms going through multiple pairs. This guy has some good advice.  But I still like the addition of disposable gloves.

I wear gloves as well 

6 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

But they didn't call it a super slam because they know someone else cant ever achieve this :hihi:

Pfff, Yuzu is one title away from twice that achievement - and that title ain’t the most difficult one to get!