General Yuzuru Chat

Regarding Ari saying it the MVS would be Nathan, I think someone mentioned it was a misunderstanding/mistranslation and Ari had actually said something like Nathan is the best (this season), not that people would vote him for MVS. Also, IIRC, the source was a Japanese interview, so it probably went through several translations and re-translations. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ari would say something like that just to stir the spirits and raise interest in the stupid awards, even if negative interest. I can't imagine any universe in which they would dare not give MVS to Yuzu. The award was quite literally made for him. People naming him is simply because they're asked. They're asked who they think should get it and they answer Yuzu, regardless of actual championship wins, because he's above that now.

I don't think we should waste energy without knowing exactly the result. IF they do reveal the winners and Yuzu is not in it, then I'm all for a revolution, but until then, we can spend our energy on better things. Like looking forward to that NHK thing! :nod2:

The funny but also lovely thing about TAT's comments (and Yuzu's skating) is, depending on when the interview happened (because she doesn't talk specifically about the cancellation so it might have been earlier, and just released now) she could be talking about Chopin or talking about Otonal, and it would still be accurate either way. We know she was on her feet for Otonal, though not on her knees, because then she wouldn't have been able to see it as well. :laughing:

23 минуты назад, fyere0 сказал:

The funny but also lovely thing about TAT's comments (and Yuzu's skating) is, depending on when the interview happened (because she doesn't talk specifically about the cancellation so it might have been earlier, and just released now) she could be talking about Chopin or talking about Otonal, and it would still be accurate either way. We know she was on her feet for Otonal, though not on her knees, because then she wouldn't have been able to see it as well. :laughing:

No, she specifically said Chopin. After all, she said about it at the beginning of its second season "I haven't had enough of it". And I'm sure she's seen 4CC Chopin too, her mentioning it wasn't accidental. And her giving Yuzu Swan music after what she said about Plisetskaya just gives it a new meaning. She loved NS, too. I remember how she said proudly during the Pyeoungchan ex: "And you know who gave him this music?" (Judging by the reaction of the other commentator, it wasn't even the first time she mentioned that :D)

31 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

No, she specifically said Chopin. After all, she said about it at the beginning of its second season "I haven't had enough of it". And I'm sure she's seen 4CC Chopin too, her mentioning it wasn't accidental. And her giving Yuzu Swan music after what she said about Plisetskaya just gives it a new meaning. She loved NS, too. I remember how she said proudly during the Pyeoungchan ex: "And you know who gave him this music?" (Judging by the reaction of the other commentator, it wasn't even the first time she mentioned that :D)

Haha what did the other commentator say?

1 hour ago, Shimmering said:

I would like to know what other music she's given him.....

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I start to get really annoyed... Why does everyone make it sound like the MVS award is NOT a given?! Why do Tarasova, Orser and others have to speak up for Yuzu to win this?! Is the MVS award not about money and popularity and biggest fandom anymore? I don't know why I care about this clownery award at all, I really shouldn't... but it makes me angry and sad. 

Sorry for this rant. It's nice that TAT praises and worships Chopin, it's a legendary program and deserves every credit.

Gomen, I edited this post like 10 times now to calm down a little. This MVS debate is not good for my blood pressure :13877886:

it's his award period....no matter if he won it or not there's his name on it and we all know it ;-P

:hugs:

13 hours ago, monchan said:

You think he's gonna do it if they ask? He didn't even bother to be flagbearer in PC despite making history, I don't know why he has to light cauldron for Summer Olympics. He might just politely refuse even if asked. 

Yuzu seems not interested at all in all these ceremonial activities. Why fans care? Hope organizers leave him alone. This Olympic is cursed enough.

The difference might be in the fact that these Olympics are meant to be in honour of the victims of the 2011 disaster (and if they end up in anniversary year 2011... well).  I can see it being pitched to Yuzu that he would be doing it for those people and the province, and given that he had not been named as one of the torchbearers even when Shoma and others were, I really do think the OC had plans they wanted Japan's greatest Olympic hero involved with.

He wouldn't do it for himself, agreed.

It seems likely that they would involve him in some capacity if not the actual lighting - I think Kohei Uchimura is hoping to compete, so would be ineligible.  Sawao Kato is a gymnast who won 12 medals at three olympics, 1968- 1972, 8 of them gold - I imagine he would be a contender and I’m sure there are other Japanese Olympic champions who would be in the running.

I didn’t find it surprising that he took a low profile at PC - his ankle must have been killing him and the freezing air is really bad for asthma.

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

So how do you think, under which nickname TAT is hiding here? :)

She wouldn't hide. TAT would 100% own up to it. She's bold and answers to no one. (I'm really trying to say 'shameless', which is how I think of her, but not at all in a bad way - she's shameless and I think it's great - when I think of 'shameless' in a bad way I think of the likes of Lakernik, etc). 

Somehow these statements from the official website for Stockholm 2021 are particularly troubling after our collective experience with Montreal 2020:

"All-Event tickets will be available in the end of May. Day tickets will be released in September."

"The All-Event Passport is one ticket that enables access to all competitions and the Exhibition Gala at Ericsson Globe."

"Tickets are not refundable. There will be no exceptions to this policy. The event schedule and the competing athletes are always subject to change."

[emphases added]

(not sure if this belongs here or in the Montreal 2020 thread)

1 hour ago, cereus said:

Somehow these statements from the official website for Stockholm 2021 are particularly troubling after our collective experience with Montreal 2020:

"All-Event tickets will be available in the end of May. Day tickets will be released in September."

"The All-Event Passport is one ticket that enables access to all competitions and the Exhibition Gala at Ericsson Globe."

"Tickets are not refundable. There will be no exceptions to this policy. The event schedule and the competing athletes are always subject to change."

[emphases added]

1 hour ago, cereus said:

[emphases added]

The Gala + Award will happen anw as long as Worlds proceeds.

At least they tell u in advance schedule might change and theres no guarantee who will be there. I will be even surprised if theres no "surprising" change at Worlds. Ppl should learn the lesson by now.