General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

It seems that being short is an advantage in figure skating right? Most skaters are shorter than average and Yuzu seems to be slightly on the tall side for a figure skater yet he’s still shorter than the average male height.

It's a question of where a bodies center of gravity is. Taller skaters just have to re-adjust EVERYTHING when they grow to re-find that center.  There are plenty of tall male skaters - Roman, for instance.  And Conrad.  And Jun - who did have a tricky time after his last big growth spurt.  Yuzuru is taller that the average Japanese man.

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I guess I missed your suggestion - didn't see it. And I don't know if I'm equipped. My laptop is still Windows 7, for example. 

Plus, I tried my first Zoom call yesterday and the stream started to slow down and die around the 30-minute mark. Might be problematic for longer events

Off topic:

Spoiler

@rockstaryuzu  Free Zoom app allows videoconference for only 40 minutes.  For longer meetings, we have to purchase Premium Zoom. 

1 hour ago, barbara said:

It's a question of where a bodies center of gravity is. Taller skaters just have to re-adjust EVERYTHING when they grow to re-find that center.  There are plenty of tall male skaters - Roman, for instance.  And Conrad.  And Jun - who did have a tricky time after his last big growth spurt.  Yuzuru is taller that the average Japanese man.

Haha...never anything average about Zu:dancingpooh:.

His skating enthralls...even nature has endowed Zu with great beauty and refinement...literally down to his fingertips and toes

43 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Off topic:

Hide contents

@rockstaryuzu  Free Zoom app allows videoconference for only 40 minutes.  For longer meetings, we have to purchase Premium Zoom. 

I might have to purchase it anyway - I have to work from home, I teach students via Zoom. I am thinking about it... 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I might have to purchase it anyway - I have to work from home, I teach students via Zoom. I am thinking about it... 

I purchased premium because I also have to give a lecture.  But then the university allowed the use of their institutional Zoom.  You may wish to check it out with your uni?   In any case, I did purchase the premium which we can use for shared viewing!      

5 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I purchased premium because I also have to give a lecture.  But then the university allowed the use of their institutional Zoom.  You may wish to check it out with your uni?   In any case, I did purchase the premium which we can use for shared viewing!      

If I buy it, I buy it with my own money and Uni has nothing to do with it. :) 

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

If I buy it, I buy it with my own money and Uni has nothing to do with it. :) 

Would it make sense to get an account for PH and share the cost among us? The dry season will be long, I'm sure some of us would agree to chip in if we organize streaming parties every so often. Just a thought.

48 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Would it make sense to get an account for PH and share the cost among us? The dry season will be long, I'm sure some of us would agree to chip in if we organize streaming parties every so often. Just a thought.

I guess it would be possible, but anyway, I have a subscription for a month now, so we could have something within this month. I will see how it goes after this. 

Yuzuru Hanyu's diet?

I feel too curious, but I understand asthma can be related with allergies, and I wondered if Yuzuru Hanyu had already mentioned he had some?

And in this interview (Kobe 2015), he eats only a little bit of each cake; Nobunari Oda no more, but we can see he is upset ;-) and Shoma Uno too shy.

Are there things he cannot eat? He says he doesn't eat much chocolate cake, I hope he can eat chocolate at least? Shortcakes, if he means shortbread, dont contain eggs, and usually butter, no cream, and many people intolerant to milk can have butter?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30nkyg

In fact I wonder if he already said something about it.

I suppose every top athlete anyway, must have a diet with lots of carbohydrates with carefully determined glycemic index to deliver energy during practice and competition, a good deal of chosen proteins to build and rebuild muscle, and very little fat?

47 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Yuzuru Hanyu's diet?

I feel too curious, but I understand asthma can be related with allergies, and I wondered if Yuzuru Hanyu had already mentioned he had some?

And in this interview (Kobe 2015), he eats only a little bit of each cake; Nobunari Oda no more, but we can see he is upset ;-) and Shoma Uno too shy.

Are there things he cannot eat? He says he doesn't eat much chocolate cake, I hope he can eat chocolate at least? Shortcakes, if he means shortbread, dont contain eggs, and usually butter, no cream, and many people intolerant to milk can have butter?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30nkyg

In fact I wonder if he already said something about it.

I suppose every top athlete anyway, must have a diet with lots of carbohydrates with carefully determined glycemic index to deliver energy during practice and competition, a good deal of chosen proteins to build and rebuild muscle, and very little fat?

I believe he’s said before that he, like all athletes, tries to eat healthy, but does occasionally have a less healthy snack. There’s too much footage of him eating the bars of Ghana chocolate on set for him to have a chocolate allergy. He is allergic to alcohol, however.

Edit: plus the GPF “flowers.” Based on how excited he looked when he realized what they were made from, I’m guessing he really likes chocolate...

Didn’t he say before he doesn’t normally eat much? Like he’s not a foodie in general I think.

Allergies wise I just know he’s allergic to alcohol but don’t think he mentioned being allergic to anything else before as far as I am aware

And he likes strawberries and tomatoes and dislikes bell pepper hahaha