General Yuzuru Chat

Hello! Just wanted to provide 2 motivating reminders to everyone during these strange and stressful times, in the form of wise Yuzu quotes: 

1. "WEAKNESS IS STRENGTH" / Being weak means there is the potential to become strong / 弱さは強さ

Yuzu's ankle injury sucked but let him figure out other, more effective ways to train and eventually led to the 2nd OGM. Maybe we are weak right now, but this means we have the chance to become stronger. Maybe the outbreak is exposing hidden gaps in the healthcare system and infrastructure that will now be improved because we're more aware. Maybe staying home means you have a little more time to rest your body and eventually become stronger again. I don't know, it will be different for everyone, but we can all try to see the potential in a dire situation to lift our spirits and drive us forward.

2. "EFFORT WILL LIE, BUT WILL NEVER BE IN VAIN"

We may not be able to see the direct results of our efforts to contain the virus right now. It may feel like even though we are staying home, washing our hands, doing all the right things, the outbreak isn't slowing down. Or, maybe there are some projects you had to abandon and discontinue due to the current situation and you feel like all the work you dedicated before has been pointless. But these efforts have NOT been in vain. Maybe the outcome will be different from what you expected or take longer to surface, but it will have been worthwhile.

:hachimaki:

14 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I stumbled upon this today. Such a great and touching edit. Brian is a very good and understanding coach. I greatly appreciate everything he has done for Yuzu :softYuzu:

Just what I needed today.  Sometimes, it is easy to forget just what an amazing skater Brian was.  One of the best.  And he is the perfect coach for Yuzu (especially in conjunction with Tracy and Ghislain).

16 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

yep. weird that barbara can see it but it's geoblocked for me :huh:

I'm sure the only reason that the views are so low is because of the geoblocking.

I can see it because I need it more than any one.  Aren't you in the states?  It shouldn't be geoblocked from you on YouTube.... It's not like there's any reason at all, while there will be no competitions for 6 months, for anything to be geoblocked in the states (damn NBC Gold....)

Okay I'm gonna preface this by saying that I didn't know that Yuzu liked Bump of Chicken. Maybe I knew and forgot. Or maybe I didn't know who they were before and so the name didn't register with me in the past. 

Anyway I stumbled onto the band in the past year or so and listen to their stuff all the time (even tho my Japanese is very poor.) . Last night I thought I'd take a break from skating stuff and do something different and just picked a random Bump performance on bilibili to play in the background and ..... 5 seconds in I swear I heard Yuzu's name??? I think "It can't be. You're eharing things. You've completely lost the plot. :smiley_hairpull:You know you're in Yuzu overload when you hear his name everywhere."

Except.... it was Yuzu. I'd somehow managed to pick that show from 2015(?) with Yuzu in the blue kimono.

tumblr_inline_o08m1yqjJV1sfdobs_400.gifv

Yeah even when I'm taking a break my subconscious is just drawn right back in. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Flutterby said:

Okay I'm gonna preface this by saying that I didn't know that Yuzu liked Bump of Chicken. Maybe I knew and forgot. Or maybe I didn't know who they were before and so the name didn't register with me in the past. 

Anyway I stumbled onto the band in the past year or so and listen to their stuff all the time (even tho my Japanese is very poor.) . Last night I thought I'd take a break from skating stuff and do something different and just picked a random Bump performance on bilibili to play in the background and ..... 5 seconds in I swear I heard Yuzu's name??? I think "It can't be. You're eharing things. You've completely lost the plot. :smiley_hairpull:You know you're in Yuzu overload when you hear his name everywhere."

Except.... it was Yuzu. I'd somehow managed to pick that show from 2015(?) with Yuzu in the blue kimono.

tumblr_inline_o08m1yqjJV1sfdobs_400.gifv

Yeah even when I'm taking a break my subconscious is just drawn right back in. :rofl:

LOL... it's destiny. Destiny, I tell you! :surprised_pikachu: