General Yuzuru Chat

57 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think this is new :) 

for anyone who needs Yuzu content (like me)

His determination is giving me the strength I need now and also his English is amazing now!!

Thank you for sharing this! :-)

I will never understand how people manage not to sob when talking about something that is very close to their heart (although there were moments I do believe he was about to cry).

If I had been in his shoes  during that interview I would have turned into a waterfall, snot and everything.

Ths interview is so great, it gave me chills. Great to see some solidly prepared material about him in western media. I wish we had more journalism like that in FS. Gonna rewatch it 100 times or more. And he looks great!

Sorry to interrupt this Yuzu-CBC-fest with way less important stuff, but it's Monday, so let's help him troll USFS once again :) 

The interview is like a drop of water in the middle of a desert now...thanks to CBC and Scott Russell for sharing it with us now. They were respectful to Yuzu and asked him some really good and thoughtful questions (the Pooh question is always a must though but Yuzu's answer is so nice). I liked how he talked about what skating means to him and how he found his confidence after he decided to change the programs. There is so much drive, passion, emotions, and sincerity in him. :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: It's also really good that they mentioned 3.11 and the People's Honour Award as well. The whole interview and they shots they used in it is beautifully done too. I think I will rewatch it many times tomorrow.

This interview is one of the best ever made *giving you the evil eye Japanese media* so respectful of all his accomplishment, letting him talk at his own pace. He really was glowing. The mix of English (he’s so good now😭) and Japanese was endearing. 
And the boy was so proud of his forest joke :10814716:

He is so considerate of his fans while staying true to himself. The bestest ever. I couldn’t love him more 

8 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

And the boy was so proud of his forest joke :10814716:

Well, he had a point...Pooh (the original bear cub that  inspired A.A. Milne) actually does come from the Canadian forest...

But there's a subtlety to Scott's question that someone who isn't used to Canadian English might not get. When he says 'Where does that come from? ' about Pooh, what he means is, 'Why is Pooh your mascot/what does Pooh mean to you?'.. in other words, he's trying to understand Yuzu's love for Pooh. And Yuzu did pick up on that when he said that Pooh was like a coach watching him. 

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, he had a point...Pooh (the original bear cub that  inspired A.A. Milne) actually does come from the Canadian forest...

But there's a subtlety to Scott's question that someone who isn't used to Canadian English might not get. When he says 'Where does that come from? ' about Pooh, what he means is, 'Why is Pooh your mascot/what does Pooh mean to you?'.. in other words, he's trying to understand Yuzu's love for Pooh. And Yuzu did pick up on that when he said that Pooh was like a coach watching him. 

Oh I got that. I’m so proud Yuzu made this joke and was also able to pick up the real meaning of the question. Hence me gushing about how good he has become in English.

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think this is new :) 

for anyone who needs Yuzu content (like me)

His determination is giving me the strength I need now and also his English is amazing now!!

Wow! Yuzu's English has improved so much! Skating truly is his life. He was born to skate. It's his purpose and he's simply the best there is.

And how is it possible that he keeps becoming more and more beautiful and adorable?!? :loveshower:

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Ths interview is so great, it gave me chills. Great to see some solidly prepared material about him in western media. I wish we had more journalism like that in FS. Gonna rewatch it 100 times or more. And he looks great!

Sorry to interrupt this Yuzu-CBC-fest with way less important stuff, but it's Monday, so let's help him troll USFS once again :) 

voted! but why do I have a feeling a part of those who voted for Jason is basically just people who want to vote against Yuzu. (I like Jason though)

27 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

voted! but why do I have a feeling a part of those who voted for Jason is basically just people who want to vote against Yuzu. (I like Jason though)

It's been that way all along...but it isn't going to stop the landslide already building :201111231756430f6: I'm glad Jason is doing pretty well though, he's fought hard the last two years to be where he is now.

Unrelated, but does anyone else just LIVE for that moment in PC SEIMEI right after the last lutz when Yuzu kinda breaks character and just starts smiling and laughing? He looks so happy and so in to it and like he’s having so much fun!! I go back and watch that part of the skate really frequently because there’s so much joy in it. It’s my favorite part of any of his skates because he looks so purely happy. :devilYuzu:

3 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

yeah im glad it was jason who made the final tho

Not going to lie, I was hoping for a show down between Dead Black Swan (Hawayek/Baker) and Swanyu. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like Jason, but Battle of the Swans would have been so much more EPIC...:dancinghotdog:

Looking forward to listening to the CBC interview.

I'm in California and today we were ordered to "shelter-in-place" for 3 weeks. Stay at home except for food and medicine.  I've heard that non-critical surgeries have been delayed (non-critical as in a slow-growing cancerous tumor?!).