General Yuzuru Chat

38 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

It’s an elimination game involving skaters’ gala routines, and that round happened to be Kazuki vs Yuzuru! Anyway all rounds are done and now it’s only the final between Jason and Yuzu! Which is starting in a few hours haha it’s all on the US Figure Skating twitter page!

It seems like Yuzu will risk not being able to re-enter Canada if he leaves... no idea where he will go now too

He may as well be stuck where he is in Toronto not being able to train, vs. risking a long trip and virus exposure just to be stuck in Sendai not being able to train. I can't see any ice shows going on as scheduled in the current climate, and I can't see any of his sponsors requiring him to come to Japan right now. So stay inside, stay healthy and play Pokemon, Yuzu :D 

21 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

He may as well be stuck where he is in Toronto not being able to train, vs. risking a long trip and virus exposure just to be stuck in Sendai not being able to train. I can't see any ice shows going on as scheduled in the current climate, and I can't see any of his sponsors requiring him to come to Japan right now. So stay inside, stay healthy and play Pokemon, Yuzu :D 

Same here, I can’t see any of the ice shows going ahead in the near future either :(

No idea what will become of the Olympics too sigh

For those who are self-quarantining there might come a time when you need a rest from all the Yuzu vids (as if such a time might come but actually there comes a point where you just are not watching them with the amount of concentration that you usually have), in any case if you've never been to Japan you can do a lot of touring of the country on YouTube.  Just punch in 'Japan Train Rides and you'll have scores to choose from.  Also by car there are some also, particularly several of Tokyo by a fellow called J Utah.  They are in 4K and show how truly awesome that city is.  There are also a number of walking tours of various cities you can take.  All in all you can get a good sense of Yuzu's homeland by trekking the Tube.  Try it out.

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

ice time is really important for them though, I heard one day without ice practice can seriously set back their jumps for a lot. but at least he has experience and is not in a rush 

18 hours ago, barbara said:

Sven is a cutie.  I already have my name/name done.  Are you sure you want to ail them all?  Added expense and we could get the at ACI (for those of us going to ACI -and ACI MUST happen, we have to have something to look forward to).

I'd rather mail them out now than have them kicking around my house for six months and them getting lost or damaged.  I can hang onto yours for you if you want. 

Speaking of watching Yuzu videos... I spent a couple hours yesterday watching all Yuzu's Origin performances, in order, w the exception of those not broadcast on TV (so, no ACI or JPN Nats). It was quite remarkable how many variants we ended up with, I think no two were alike??

I think Skate Canada is my fave, was the highest scoring one, LOVE that 4T-eu-3F-high kick, right in from of the section I was sitting in.

But I can see how he got so discouraged in the end, the scores were not trending in the right direction, for Reasons...

I couldn't end it w GPF Origin so had to watch 4CC Seimei as a palate cleanser, shame about that 4T fall (dang holy ice) but otherwise a nice performance considering he had to make many layout and music changes.

4CC was a good ending to the season and I havta say that as much as it HURTS to miss Worlds I'm kinda glad he didn't go in there bringing back the Oly programs because I know he didn't really want to but it was a better option than sticking with the Otonal/Origin set. Still, he was risking a 2nd place finish w those programs and I'd prefer those Kids get to rest, and Yuzu get to throw a couple of new programs at Nate ...programs I'm sure he will DESIGN with the intention of kicking his butt to 2nd where Nate should be. Bring it Yuzu!!!

Can't wait for ACI, I wonder if Satomi can POSSIBLY make us lose our minds as much as we did over Origin 2.0????? I was sure she could NOT best Origin 1.0 but then we see what happened! Man that was fun! :10742290:

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Same here, I can’t see any of the ice shows going ahead in the near future either :(

No idea what will become of the Olympics too sigh

They don't have to make a decision on the Olympics til May. It could be a whole different game by then.

As for Yuzu, I also think it's probably safest for him to stay in Toronto right now, but whether he does will probably depend on SOI.

14 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think this is new :) 

for anyone who needs Yuzu content (like me)

His determination is giving me the strength I need now and also his English is amazing now!!

Oh is this the Scott Russell interview? :studsmatta: Yay!! 

1 minute ago, fyere0 said:

The CBC interview is lovely and made me cry. Thanks to Scott Russell for touching on some things that rarely get a mention in English media pieces about Yuzu. Thanks to Yuzu for his candor and for being him. 

Same! Scott made Yuzu cry too, with all that praise...and then Yuzu made me cry:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:and now I have to go watch this video a million more times....

Only thing Scott missed was asking him about 4A. And I love how hard Yuzu tried in English before switching to Japanese. His English has improved so much.

Just when you thought you couldn't love Yuzu any harder or more...:cri:

36 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think this is new :) 

for anyone who needs Yuzu content (like me)

His determination is giving me the strength I need now and also his English is amazing now!!

"I like to answer people's expectations".

As far as I am concerned, he nearly always exceeds them.

HE may not be glad of some, I won't say I don't mind, I am sad when he is sad, and at the same time, we know he needs that dissatisfaction to always push his own limits of perfection. But I love these performances nevertheless. Each different, as already said. What is there in common between quiet, mastered Origin at SCI, and tense, furious one at GPF after the robbery of SP scores? I mean, not "only" the cut and the layout were different. It was simply another world, another Yuzuru Hanyu, and in a very few weeks it had grown on me to the point of becoming my preferred version. Maybe because he was no more playing a part in it? Maybe because he transcended there his own musicality and all that had ever been done in figure skating? Or because I'm a pervert and I find him beautiful in his angry reproach, and self-reproach for doing so?

Only thing Scott missed was asking him about 4A.

But Yuzuru Hanyu didn't miss it. ;-)

Thank you very much for the video!