General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, river said:

Yeah, I’m not, even though my rink is open. Which sucks, because I’m off work for a week (just because Worlds cancels doesn’t mean my PTO cancelled) unless the situation deteriorates to the point where I have to come back early, and I wish I could spend some of that time skating.

Bummer - no skating, no movies (presuming there are more than 50 people in a theatre), no dining out.  What sort of PTO is this?  Any one else in your practice want to trade you some days for you to use later on in the year?  Virus or no virus, those babies just keep on getting born when they want to be.

Thank you everyone! It makes me really happy that I could light up the mood with this clip a little bit :hugs:

20 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Thank you @Henni147 Some of the most wonderful Yuzuru moments.  The first ice kiss perfectly timed to the music. ❤️

Aye, that was one of the reasons why I picked this song. The Ice-kiss-hyroblading was the part I edited first :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

8 hours ago, mercedes said:

Henni this is great,i especially love the contrast between the stenght in Masquerade and the softness of Notte Stellata ...thank you for sharing!

Yes, it's great that the song fits all kinds of programs that Yuzu skated in the past 2-3 seasons. I also realized how many different programs Yuzu actually used in this cycle so far. The huge variety in music styles, character and atmosphere makes up for every single recycling. Twice.

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Henni147, the lyrics in the song are so touching and perfect when referring to Yuzu!!

A beauty beyond compare....searching for a lifetime....

:devilYuzu::softYuzu::knc_yuzu2::1497158260_5GOE:

"Everything changes, but beauty remains." That pretty much sums up figure skating at the moment. They can change the rules, abuse the judging system, pick their favorites, but Yuzu's beautiful skating remains. I'm so happy that he continues for (at least) one more season :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Comparison of Sochi PW and SCI/OIP PW.

When you watch the two sbs like this, the difference is astonishing. His skating in general oozes out pure confidence. He owns his skating and the rink 120%:img_20: He's matured as a skater and as a man...:10742290:  he's come a long long way since Sochi.

Media in our country is now telling us to stock up food and supplies enough for a couple of weeks at least to be prepared whatever is going to be placed by our government in the coming weeks. Toilet paper shortage become real pain in the arse but not just that, pasta, rice, tin food and such are in shortage as well. Also, mince meat, frozen stuff are getting scarce as well. At work, we're asked to get our emergency contact details updated and checked if we have adequate internet connections at home in case we have to work from home. We had to cancel our trip to uk in July as Europe at the moment is the new epicentre of the virus situations. I'm worried for my daughter who lives in uk atm by herself. She's just told us the other day that she went out with a guy whose friend's friend was tested positive for the virus (but the guy's friend was not tested positive so he's okay and so's my daughter)... Also my husband's niece and her family is trying to re-arrange/cancel a trip to Thailand. Our governments has just placed two weeks self-isolation process for those who's travelled to/coming back to Ausuralia. This means the niece's husband would be out of work for 4weeks but he cannot afford to do that. So they've managed to change the dates for the flights but the accommodation booking may not be changeable and may lose money for that.

Please stay safe and be positive wherever you are on this planet. The world at the moment in uncertainty because of COVID 19 and many shops and companies are at financial hardships as well. Those who are still travelling, I hope you get to your destinations/home safely. I pray for all of us to come out relatively safe and okay from this whole thing. :grouphug:

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Comparison of Sochi PW and SCI/OIP PW.

When you watch the two sbs like this, the difference is astonishing. His skating in general oozes out pure confidence. He owns his skating and the rink 120%:img_20: He's matured as a skater and as a man...:10742290:  he's come a long long way since Sochi.

Media in our country is now telling us to stock up food and supplies enough for a couple of weeks at least to be prepared whatever is going to be placed by our government in the coming weeks. Toilet paper shortage become real pain in the arse but not just that, pasta, rice, tin food and such are in shortage as well. Also, mince meat, frozen stuff are getting scarce as well. At work, we're asked to get our emergency contact details updated and checked if we have adequate internet connections at home in case we have to work from home. We had to cancel our trip to uk in July as Europe at the moment is the new epicentre of the virus situations. I'm worried for my daughter who lives in uk atm by herself. She's just told us the other day that she went out with a guy whose friend's friend was tested positive for the virus (but the guy's friend was not tested positive so he's okay and so's my daughter)... Also my husband's niece and her family is trying to re-arrange/cancel a trip to Thailand. Our governments has just placed two weeks self-isolation process for those who's travelled to/coming back to Ausuralia. This means the niece's husband would be out of work for 4weeks but he cannot afford to do that. So they've managed to change the dates for the flights but the accommodation booking may not be changeable and may lose money for that.

Please stay safe and be positive wherever you are on this planet. The world at the moment in uncertainty because of COVID 19 and many shops and companies are at financial hardships as well. Those who are still travelling, I hope you get to your destinations/home safely. I pray for all of us to come out relatively safe and okay from this whole thing. :grouphug:

so true,he really has grown a lot,not only as a skater but as human being as well .... I'm kinda proud for the chance to witness his journey!

And for the rest ,we can take what life is dishing out right now so fingers crossed that everything will pass:hugs:

4 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:
We had to cancel our trip to uk in July as Europe at the moment is the new epicentre of the virus situations. I'm worried for my daughter who lives in uk atm by herself.

I am just understanding this morning, that even Belgian border to Germany is likely to close within a short time, so we won't be able to see our family in France for Easter as planned, and though so sorry for you, you brought me some relief.

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What I'm working on tonight instead of meeting satellites in Montreal before Worlds: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GanqsvaRYosJsFYd6

Sing out if you want one of these satellite ID badges. They can be blinged up and personalized with your PH handle, RL name, both,  or just plain. The ones out on the table are ones that have already been spoken for. And yes, I will mail them if you DM me your address. 

As for Sven there, he was supposed to be tossed on the ice for a skater, I just hadn't decided who yet. 

I would love to have one!! I will DM my address, thanks

On 3/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, Paskud said:

lol, they crave for attention

leave them alone

What is it? A poll from USFS? 

But why is Kazuki vs Yuzuru? Where are other skaters especially US skaters to vote for?

I think there must be some other names to vote for besides Kazuki and Yuzuru.

6 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

What is it? A poll from USFS? 

But why is Kazuki vs Yuzuru? Where are other skaters especially US skaters to vote for?

I think there must be some other names to vote for besides Kazuki and Yuzuru.

It’s an elimination game involving skaters’ gala routines, and that round happened to be Kazuki vs Yuzuru! Anyway all rounds are done and now it’s only the final between Jason and Yuzu! Which is starting in a few hours haha it’s all on the US Figure Skating twitter page!

It seems like Yuzu will risk not being able to re-enter Canada if he leaves... no idea where he will go now too

I think it is probably smartest for anyone right now, wherever they are, to just hide out where they are unless they really need to get home......(who knows, he may have already gone home! )... but since show season isn't here yet he doesn't have to go anywhere. If they still have shows he can still leave for Japan if he wishes, and then he just stays there until he's allowed back (once FaOI starts he usually doesn't come back until close to July anyway)...  I think everyone is hoping summer changes things... let's all do our part and clean things and keep away from others as much as we can!!