General Yuzuru Chat

I think even without ice, Yuzu will find a way to train off ice and all! 
he survived being off ice for months before the olympics due to his injury plus rink getting destroyed from the earthquake and I’m sure he’s smart and resourceful enough to find a way to make things work 💪🏻

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sometimes staying at home does miracles to you your creativity. This happened to me yesterday. Finally I created a new video again!

I felt like an emotional mess during the whole editing and sobbed over the keyboard from start to finish. I put some of the most touching moments of Yuzu's career since Pyeongchang in one clip. It's not a full recap really, since many things are missing. It's more like a mix of single fragments that came to my mind.

With the long drought ahead of us it might be the best occasion to share it. It's my little present to the Planet. I hope, it makes you happy, too  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

PS: You can also take it as a tribute video to the greatest lovestory on ice: Yuzu and Ice-chan :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Their love is eternal, although Ice-chan is a tsundere

3 hours ago, monchan said:

WHAT?

Edit: And i just posted this morning about TCC is still running as usual with COVID preventive measures. So, what Yuzu is doing now? He might be one of us killing the isolation time by checking twitter or working out at home? :9: . Or do image training 4A lol

Roman just posted a video about the same thing. His rink was closed as of yesterday and they were scrambling to find ice time at TCC or Granite, but now that's out too.

Good thing it's fairly early in the season, but who knows how long this will actually last for? Skaters who still have access to ice right now are definitely going to have an advantage come September. Provided they can keep that ice access...I have a feeling that sooner or later the whole world will be going through the same thing. For example, I just got a message from my uncle in Spain. They're now in lockdown. His girlfriend is an ER doctor, and he's over 65 with a heart problem. Time for anxiety :yuck:

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have a feeling that sooner or later the whole world will be going through the same thing. For example, I just got a message from my uncle in Spain. They're now in lockdown. His girlfriend is an ER doctor, and he's over 65 with a heart problem. Time for anxiety :yuck:

Yeah all countries will go down the same thing, until there's vaccine. What we can do is only to slow it down so the medical system can endure as long as possible, there's no way to STOP the virus from spreading or killing ppl for now.

Updated: 3 weeks closing...

In Romania, we don't have so many cases yet, 139 at this hour. Surprisingly, our govt took the necessary measures of protection in time. All the Romanian citizens coming from red zones in Europe are in isolation at their homes or quarantined. We are advised to stay inside, but we are not in lockdown yet. Schools are closed, sports are suspended, and everything else, like almost everywhere in Europe,  and we hope for the best. Stay safe everyone.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

shit, there are rinks here open (but far, most of the ones i've gone to have closed). but maybe it's a good idea still to not skate at all...

Yeah, I’m not, even though my rink is open. Which sucks, because I’m off work for a week (just because Worlds cancels doesn’t mean my PTO cancelled) unless the situation deteriorates to the point where I have to come back early, and I wish I could spend some of that time skating.

Just remember there are far more important things than skating right now. And skaters have longer breaks even for planned vacations sometimes, it's March, people... of course I'm very doubtful that will last only three weeks, but hopefully things will get better soon...

Here also almost all public spaces and schools are closed, and we for now have "only" 116 cases confirmed... It's recommended to work from home... (too bad I can't for now, sigh)

It’s just a tough time for everyone around the world 💔💔 so much uncertainty

The virus may take many many things away from us but please don’t let it take away hope and strength!! Press on everyone :’)

Also maybe no one is in the mood for this now but I found a translation for Samarin’s comment on Yuzu’s 4A

43 minutes ago, Fay said:

I didn’t want to bring that Samarin interview. Really, he’s the last skater on earth who should dare to complain about programs being just jumps. 

I read the 'one time phenomenon' comment as he thought Yuzu was the only one capable of doing it at the moment. 😁

31 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

I read the 'one time phenomenon' comment as he thought Yuzu was the only one capable of doing it at the moment. 😁

I hope so too. He could also mean Yuzuru Hanyu may land Nessie once or, more likely a few times, then go back to a "more efficient" program, point-wise.

Particularly, if he tries a quad-quad (or a quad-euler-quad, or a quad-loop-quad) or even a quint (not next season I suppose). There too, he is the only one who can do so "now".

And we will still have the most beautiful of triple axels, even more delayed and with always wonderful, incredibly difficult entries (can you imagine, a delayed triple axel???)

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Roman just posted a video about the same thing. His rink was closed as of yesterday and they were scrambling to find ice time at TCC or Granite, but now that's out too.

Good thing it's fairly early in the season, but who knows how long this will actually last for? Skaters who still have access to ice right now are definitely going to have an advantage come September. Provided they can keep that ice access...I have a feeling that sooner or later the whole world will be going through the same thing. For example, I just got a message from my uncle in Spain. They're now in lockdown. His girlfriend is an ER doctor, and he's over 65 with a heart problem. Time for anxiety :yuck:

Sorry for your uncle, I hope he will pass it well, as well as his girlfriend. Heart problems seem to be the worse, for this coronavirus, worse even than respiratory conditions.

As to Yuzuru Hanyu, I was trying to see positive things, I thought that he probably had no proper hanami for years, that sakura had started blooming yesterday in Tokyo (bur there is snow) and that they would start blooming from 24th in Sendai. I checked there was no restriction for him to enter Japan (or back to Canada later, but of course there is no warranty for then). Of course he would certainly impose himself severe precautions, but he would certainly be able to go out (in lesser crowded places) and enjoy flowers and fresh air.

And even, as rinks are still open for members, and I have little doubt he is still a member of Sendai's, he may be able to do some basic training there (though there seem to be no off-ice equipment).

I think all aircraft are disinfected between each flight, and there may be very few passengers on each flight, lessening the risks.