General Yuzuru Chat

So, with so many countries closing or restricting borders... and countries urging citizens to come home, do we think yuzu will stay put until he has to return to japan for show season ( if they dont cancel)  or would he return earlier? I know his base is here and he's comfortable and secure and can train, but many people like to go home in times of crisis...just pondering....

14 minutes ago, liv said:

So, with so many countries closing or restricting borders... and countries urging citizens to come home, do we think yuzu will stay put until he has to return to japan for show season ( if they dont cancel)  or would he return earlier? I know his base is here and he's comfortable and secure and can train, but many people like to go home in times of crisis...just pondering....

I think he will remain in Toronto.  Being confined on a jetliner for an extended period of time would not be advisable.  Such close quarters are precisely the sort of situation that provides maximum opportunities for the spread of the virus.  It would be safer to remain in Toronto.  At the rink everybody can keep distant from each other and at home he only has his mother to deal with and I have no doubt she is taking all precautions to keep herself from exposure.  This is my opinion but I'm sure Yuzu is approaching the situation with full intentions to eliminate exposure.  Remember, there have been some cases over the years where he's been moving about wearing a medical mask..  He knows how to take care of himself (except when his right ankle is concerned and I'm pretty sure he has learned how to handle the ankle problems nowadays).  Trust his judgment.

6 hours ago, TallyT said:

I do hope he gets to skate in China soon, the Chinese fans deserve it (not sure about COC, but that could be just a lingering frisson from 2014. Maybe he'll see it as another curse to be broken)

Next GPF is in Beijing and the Olympics too. If everything is fine he will be there. I do hope he'll break China's curse too: 4 times competing without winning there lol

19 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you everyone for bringing up all the great and lovely Yuzu moments of this season! It really warmed my heart :grouphug: It's impossible for me to pick my favorite moment, there are just too many. But I'd like to recap all the highlights:

Autumn Classic:

Origin 2.0 costume reveal! It's my all-time favorite costume. So royal! It must have been breathtaking moment live in the arena! Also, the victory ceremony warms my heart everytime when Keegan held up the Japanese flag for Yuzu during the national anthem and the boys skated around the rink waving their flag. That was so lovely.

Skate Canada:

Yeah. Awesome event as a whole from first to last day. I could rewatch Yuzu's incredible practice run-through of Otonal in 24h loop. That was probably the best version of Otonal he has ever skated in public. The jumps and the step sequence were just otherworldly. His programs in competition were mindblowing, too. Perhaps my favorite version of Origin. Also the hug with Nam and his delicate shade on the judges in the K&C :smiley-laughing021: And of course the gala program that nobody expected :laughing: Thank you, Jordan, for your awesome PW practice footage!

NHK:

Thank God! No injury! That was my most important take from this competition. The EX gala was my favorite part, especially Origin encore in Haru Yo Koi costume was epic :smiley-laughing021:

GPF:

The greatest rollercoaster ride ever with so many ups and downs... THAT QUAD LUTZIFER. Just frame it and put it on the wall. So perfect! Also congratulations, Yuzu, to your first successful 5-quad freeskate! :clapping-smiley:

Yeah, the Nessie-attempts were unforgettable. I'm a bit relieved that I didn't watch that escalation in person. I would have needed a defibrillator. Probably. :13877886:

And my personal GPF highlight: incredible Notte Stellata in the gala. Italy. Olympic venue. Perfect setting for a perfect program.

JNats:

My all-time favorite version of Seimei. Hello, BACKWARD CROSSROLLS!!! :cri:

4CC:

It's hard to find something that I did not like about this competition. The whole men's short program was legendary. Chopin 4.0 felt indeed like good old wine and cheese :laughing: We rewatched it with my family like 5 times in a row yesterday. Daddy was humming the melody of the piano and jumping up and down on the couch:smiley-laughing021:

The 20 second long jump cascade in Seimei with 4S, 3A and 3F was epic, too. This is something that only the GOAT can do. I wonder, what kind of crazy layout Yuzu planned for Worlds... For my nerves it's probably better that we don't know :embSwan:

Gala. My favorite version of Hope & Legacy. Too good. PS: I didn't know that I needed Vogue & Legacy, but retrospectively I definitely DID!!!

Last but not least: I loved to create all the EX polls this season!! That was so much fun. I really hope that we can see LGC and stroking excercises in future EX galas  :LOL:

Your family sounds like so much fun! Thank you for the EX polls! I really enjoyed guessing though I only got it right once! 

Sometimes staying at home does miracles to you your creativity. This happened to me yesterday. Finally I created a new video again!

I felt like an emotional mess during the whole editing and sobbed over the keyboard from start to finish. I put some of the most touching moments of Yuzu's career since Pyeongchang in one clip. It's not a full recap really, since many things are missing. It's more like a mix of single fragments that came to my mind.

With the long drought ahead of us it might be the best occasion to share it. It's my little present to the Planet. I hope, it makes you happy, too  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

PS: You can also take it as a tribute video to the greatest lovestory on ice: Yuzu and Ice-chan :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Sometimes staying at home does miracles to you your creativity. This happened to me yesterday. Finally I created a new video again!

I felt like an emotional mess during the whole editing and sobbed over the keyboard from start to finish. I put some of the most touching moments of Yuzu's career since Pyeongchang in one clip. It's not a full recap really, since many things are missing. It's more like a mix of single fragments that came to my mind.

With the long drought ahead of us it might be the best occasion to share it. It's my little present for the Planet. I hope, it makes you happy, too  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

PS: You can also take it as a tribute video to the greatest lovestory on ice: Yuzu and Ice-chan :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Thank you @Henni147 Some of the most wonderful Yuzuru moments.  The first ice kiss perfectly timed to the music. ❤️

It's my little present to the Planet. I hope, it makes you happy, too  

Of COURSE it made me happy!! :cri::sadPooh::crybaby:

Thank you :heart:

With the long drought ahead of us it might be the best occasion to share it. It's my little present to the Planet. I hope, it makes you happy, too  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I watched this morning first time without knowing it was yours!!! Thank you it certainly helped cheering me up 💖💖💖