General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, monchan said:

I only count "direct jump entry" (above isnt a jump), and "direct entry" aka no change of foot, change of edge, or any steps in between. There might be ladies i miss as they tend to have more tr. Can u show me male skater that use double choctaw as direct jump entry?

Remember that Yuzuru has super short preparation time into his jumps. That's why he is able to blend jumps in his choreo so well.:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Spoiler

Very shortly, because it's already an off top: remember that sometimes you just have to have cross step/mohawk/3 turn/change of leg before your jump. I don't think it makes an entry in any way worse or less complex. And because this double choctaw ends on LBO, the only thing they can "directly" jump from it is lutz, right? Even the best lutz jumpers (and Jason flutz after all) have some short time of preparation. Which again shows how amazing are Yuzuru's jumps. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Many single and pair skaters use double choctaw as entry to their elements. But 99% of times it looks... bad.😅

Reveal hidden contents

But here (in etiude) it looked decent, probably because clear change of direction.

wait, that's what that is? I've been trying to figure out what that jump entry is supposed to be for ages but I keep going :confused: over it. probably because the curves are usually unclear for most skaters

2 minutes ago, shanshani said:

wait, that's what that is? I've been trying to figure out what that jump entry is supposed to be for ages but I keep going :confused: over it. probably because the curves are usually unclear for most skaters

I mean... I think it's supposed to be double choctaw? What else it could be?😅 Shalow, short edges and no (clear) change of direction or rised free leg, but... imo yes, this is (poor quality even for a singles/pairs skaters) double choctaw.

Spoiler

Other, nice examples for a singles skaters that come to my mind right now are:

Alenka

Nastya

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I feel like that jump entry is pretty common? 

Yeah, it is. As I said, many singles and pairs skaters do it as an entry to their elements but (at least for me) very rarely it looks good.

Okay, the end of the off top! What was your favourite Yuzuru moment this season?

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Yeah, it is. As I said, many singles and pairs skaters do it as an entry to their elements but (at least for me) very rarely it looks good.

Okay, the end of the off top! What was your favourite Yuzuru moment this season?

Being in the arena for that near-clean Origin at Skate Canada. The atmosphere was absolutely electric.

Poll in the spare time: (what programs do you want Yuzu do next ss: 1. New SEIMEI, 2. New program, 3. Both)

Spoiler

Corona makes me half unemployed, I'm so f*cking bored, sports cancelled, concerts cancelled, can't go anywhere, salary declines. Can this virus have a break :deadinside:

2 minutes ago, monchan said:

Poll in the spare time: (what programs do you want Yuzu do next ss: 1. New SEIMEI, 2. New program, 3. Both)

Hide contents

Corona makes me half unemployed, I'm so f*cking bored, sports cancelled, concerts cancelled, can't go anywhere, salary declines. Can this virus have a break :deadinside:

Chopin 5 here we goooooo

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

What was your favourite Yuzuru moment this season?

My favourite moment was NHK19 gala and Zuzu having fun with mascots. He was vored by Domo-kun.:tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow: And then not able to shout his arigatou because of announcer. He was sooooo cute.:tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: