General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, river said:

Yes, but after the end of the season, everything moves down a row... so 2019-2020 is 100%, 2018-2019 is 70%, and 2017-2018 drops off the list entirely. So, because Nathan didn't go to 4CC, he doesn't have any ISU championship results from this season. (GPF is counted under Grand Prix results.) If my math's right, Yuzu will have 3786 points to Nate's 2880. And just eyeballing it, I don't think anyone else will be able to catch him.

Awesome. Only bit of good news from this whole fiasco. Still trying to get refunds from my airline

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

Silver lining - definitely more time for 4A practice. 

I'm expecting all ice shows to cancel, if they have not announced cancellation yet. 

So can we have our beauty blogger back during this drought? 

He'll have to think up more deathless revelations like "I like cats".....

8 minutes ago, TallyT said:

He'll have to think up more deathless revelations like "I like cats".....

This year, in "Beauty Tips from Center Ice", our mysterious blogger reveals that lip-syncing to J-rock is good for the complexion! 

Stay tuned as he confesses his love for video games! 

:LOL:

Ya gotta laugh. It's better than crying. 

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

I can't see how they could do it then - and it would be somewhat ridiculous to even try.  The skaters would be beyond exhausted, I hope if the ISU did go that way a lot of the top ones, those IN the GP series, would decline to do both.

The Bizarro thought occurs to me that they might try to do it in lieu of SCI. 

I am sad but extremely relieved at the same time. I would not have been enjoying myself while be being wrought with worry that I could catch something and/or bring something back to my loved ones or colleagues. Honestly I'd been questioning if I was just going to eat the cost because the thought was making me so unhappy. Honestly I'm sure hearing about the NBA cancellations, Tom Hanks testing positive, and then flight bans from Europe would have put me over the top.  I just hated that the ISU was going to leave it up to me instead of doing the right, ethical thing. 20,000 people from all over the world rubbing elbows with e/o for up to 10 hours a day for a week during a pandemic is flirting with disaster. I would have been worried sick about the skaters too with crowds and gifts. And don't think that it wouldn't have weighed on Yuzu's mind that thousands of people would be there risking it to see him. Not to mention the well-being of his mom who usually sits in the crowd and his coaches too that are usually all around. And of course himself as an asthmatic.  Shame on the ISU for not doing it sooner.  

I'm honestly relieved they cancelled Worlds, but also really sad for the skaters and fans. What a strange season. And now suddenly, drought... At least we had an excellent 4CC this year. It was really special to see Yuzu skate Chopin and Seimei, and Hope and Legacy again... so I have an okay feeling about the end of this season. I'm looking forward to whatever Yuzu decides to do, competitive or not. I'd even be happy about recycling Chopin and Seimei again for that clean Seimei 3.0! lol... but now that he has time, there's the possibility of new programs! Or ice shows! But it's really difficult to know what the situation will be even next season. I'm really grateful to have the Planet to check in with while we wait.

At times like these, I really wish our boy had some form of social media. Not to share his private life, but to state how he feels about important skating developments. Wonder if Jpn media is reaching out to their skaters for their thoughts on the cancellation.

7 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

At times like these, I really wish our boy had some form of social media. Not to share his private life, but to state how he feels about important skating developments. Wonder if Jpn media is reaching out to their skaters for their thoughts on the cancellation.

The Japanese press will probably ask him for his thoughts quickly enough... and he will be as tactful as he always is.

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

Let's start thinking of programs he can do with a green costume  (though I will now go back to wishing and hoping for the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack, I can't help it...)

God, I’d spontaneously combust if he skated to Unravel🥺

Spoiler

Re: world standing, it’s probably awfully petty but looking at Yuzu in #1 and Nathan way below gives me dark satisfaction.