General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yuzu's free skate from Junior Worlds 2010 now - it happened 10 years ago today.

What tiny medals!! The medals are so much bigger now for the juniors, Yuzu must be furious that Yuma's is bigger than his! (even if Yuzu's is a better colour!) :tantrum:

I love this skate too, his style is just so …… Yuzuish, and Hanyuish.  My favourite style ever. (technical terms are my strength, as you can see).

I also have started to love this blue costume - so appropriate for his developing style, and his tender years.

27 minutes ago, liv said:

Cancelling World's is a sad thing for everyone, especially the skaters who've worked hard to get there... however, it was a necessary thing.   I read that world cases double every 5 days.... that's a nasty statistic going forward.

While disappointed, I"m sure the skaters are also relieved that they don't have to expose themselves more than necessary. I think many people are more and more hesitant to travel away from home because of this, and health is the most important thing in anyone's life.

From a purely Yuzu perspective, I think it's ok for this season. While I love those programs, I really think it would be best to start again next year (if we're lucky enough and he wants to continue) with new programs... and he gets even more time to solve that 4A problem.

I would also not be disappointed if the spring/summer shows were cancelled. This virus needs to fade away and large gatherings don't exactly help in that regard... (and I kind of want him to stay in his bat cave away from what's going on elsewhere).

So,  the season end is anticlimactic, but sometimes world events are too big to ignore and you have to do what is correct.

trying to imagine Yuzu in his bat cave :laughing: and hope at the right moment we will come out with new beautiful programs.

hope he won't give up now,  he has his own goal and I have mine:  see him live another time :fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, Pammi said:

What tiny medals!! The medals are so much bigger now for the juniors, Yuzu must be furious that Yuma's is bigger than his! (even if Yuzu's is a better colour!) :tantrum:

I love this skate too, his style is just so …… Yuzuish, and Hanyuish.  My favourite style ever. (technical terms are my strength, as you can see).

I also have started to love this blue costume - so appropriate for his developing style, and his tender years.

Those ISU medals (all of them, not just junior medals) were so tiny before the 2017/18 season. Then changed the size and this is one of the many reasons I am happy that Yuzu finally got a big shiny gold medal this season at 4CC. ;) 

And yes - he has always had his own style, he was special already at that age. His skating is the perfect combination of technique and art.

5 minutes ago, virgola said:

trying to imagine Yuzu in his bat cave :laughing: and hope at the right moment we will come out with new beautiful programs.

hope he won't give up now,  he has his own goal and I have mine:  see him live another time :fingerscrossed:

Well, there's already a bat, but not in the same cave. ;-)

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/alena-kostornaia-of-russia-competes-in-the-ladies-free-nachrichtenfoto/1201919896

42 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Start guessing his new music, his costumes ... going a little crazy lol

but just  a little :rofl3:

funny how just last week i was checking Worlds schedule to see how to change my working schedule to watch more yuzuru as possible and now I'll be locked inside the house and probably there'll beno competitions i suppose...life really can change in a blink.

Anyhow watching baby Yuzuru's competion is always nice...he was already such a good skater ...and look how proud he is !

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

What do you guys do on here during droughts

Like, what would we discuss in the forum?

everything even remotely Yuzu-related, several times, moaning squealing screaming at ISU moaning squealing again and again and again:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

If you haven't yet gone through the media thread, I advise ot start digging old content there (I stil find old interviews I haven't read), or maybe "catch up" with previous threads (like OWG one which was a roller coaster, yes, but a happy one):tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1 hour ago, airi said:

Basically everything, from ISU newest ideas and why they are bad to Yuzu's skin complexion and why we can't have one like that :shrug:

LMAO poignant summary:smiley-laughing021:

wasn't Kast working for streaming parties?

At worst, maybe we might watch a YT playlist together lol (a nightmare to be in sync tho with different connection speed)

tbh I still have tons of pics and vids to organize, kinda glad I have a reasonable time now. Also, I am in dire need of rewatching everything.

re: ice shows

Spoiler

I feel like April ones are out of question sadly, I just don't see emergency being sufficiently contained by then. May also seem already too close, tbh. For June... maybe, but it's telling that Japan is already asking for the chance of delaying Olympics. On the other hand, though, OG are 1000 times more "international" than local ice shows and involve way larger numbers of people crossing oceans, so, depending on how Japan holds on, they might decide it is safe to host events like ice shows, even if maybe with 4CC-like precautions... but since Yuzu would need to travel to get there, I wouldn't want for him to go if virus is still rampant in other places.

Sadly we can't make many predictions because a lot depend on whether warmer climate will really slow down this virus (not enough evidences to think so rn, but let's still hope for the best) and how much people and governments around the world will be able to implement behaviour and policies to defeat the virus (or at least severely slow its spread so health care systems don't get overhelmed). It will also be important to see what happens in China now that restrictions are being lifted and people are going back to their life

Anyway, since China took two months of draconian measures to reach that point, I guess that's the shortest timeline one can expect if local clusters aren't contained swiftly and efficiently.

Tho one can hope that people and governments are gradually learning from all the countries that "got" the epidemy earlier and skip that couple of weeks of inaction that made things bad and overcome things in a shorter time

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I doubt it'll happen. To plan an event of that scale in what? A few months? It's impossible. Not to mention we have no idea what the virus situation will be in a few months. The ISU won't want to make the deposits without knowing if they'll have to cancel again. And you can't ask figure skaters to stay in shape throughout the summer. Many of them have to skate in shows (if they're even happening) to make money. There's just no way it'll be rescheduled because unlike 2011, you can't just pick a new venue.

An article I read with information from academics who are experts at making predictions about the spread of disease like this suggested that the virus would peak in Australia around August, and I imagine Canada is probably in a similar situation, just perhaps with further delay simply because it's further away from Asia.

Medical research teams everywhere are working on developing a vaccine and treatment options so we don't really know what could happen once that's figured out.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Before thinking about new programs...I'm watching Yuzu's free skate from Junior Worlds 2010 now - it happened 10 years ago today. :) It was a great skate and I love to watch it again then and now.

He isn't doing that super low sit spin with straight leg since Pyeongchang.:sadPooh:

1 hour ago, memae said:

An article I read with information from academics who are experts at making predictions about the spread of disease like this suggested that the virus would peak in Australia around August, and I imagine Canada is probably in a similar situation, just perhaps with further delay simply because it's further away from Asia.

Medical research teams everywhere are working on developing a vaccine and treatment options so we don't really know what could happen once that's figured out.

It is winter in Australia in August.  most flus (and no one knows if this will behave like other coronavirus's and the flu) are a seasonal deal.  In the northern hemisphere, regular flu season is usually December through maybe April.  But, truly, no one knows if this will behave like other virus'.  There is a prediction that if it does dissipate in the spring, it will likely come back next season.  Unknown - but there will be no vaccine by then, so this could all be ugly again next year.

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

What do you guys do on here during droughts

Like, what would we discuss in the forum?

Wild speculation about our boy's next program layout, general sympathy for the state of Brian's hair or lack thereof, making up skits and songs, looking at Yutiful pictures, more wild speculation about costumes, watching bootleg YouTube of FaOI, and assorted merriment. 

It's going to be difficult this year because the drought will be long, but hey!  -> no damaged ankles to worry about this time! Silver lining.

Also wild speculation about Nessie & co.  Like, it's been ages since he said at ACI he tried quints in harness. Wonder if he's tried to land them out of harness. 

34 minutes ago, barbara said:

It is winter in Australia in August.  most flus (and no one knows if this will behave like other coronavirus's and the flu) are a seasonal deal.  In the northern hemisphere, regular flu season is usually December through maybe April.  But, truly, no one knows if this will behave like other virus'.  There is a prediction that if it does dissipate in the spring, it will likely come back next season.  Unknown - but there will be no vaccine by then, so this could all be ugly again next year.

I'm not sure about the no vaccine. No vaccine deemed safe and thoroughly tested according to first-world medical research standards perhaps, but the whole world is affected and not every country has the same rules and priorities. 

53 minutes ago, memae said:

I'm not sure about the no vaccine. No vaccine deemed safe and thoroughly tested according to first-world medical research standards perhaps, but the whole world is affected and not every country has the same rules and priorities. 

It is a fairly safe thing to predict it will be at least a year before a vaccine for this virus is able to be used.  First, they have to come up with one (or more) vaccines and then test them for a period of time.  There is no way to rush the science.  Maybe some countries will come up with something a little bit sooner but it won't be approved for use in the states.  Protocols.  The best we can hope for, really, is effective treatment soon. Especially for the elderly.