General Yuzuru Chat

55 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Hope you guys are correct!

Top 20, not rounded up numbers but I don't think it makes a difference anywhere:

Spoiler
Rank Name Points
1 Yuzuru HANYU 3786
2 Alexander SAMARIN 3046.1
3 Dmitri ALIEV 2957.4
4 Nathan CHEN 2880
5 Matteo RIZZO 2859.5
6 Jason BROWN 2844.2
7 Daniel GRASSL 2658.1
8 Morisi KVITELASHVILI 2651.4
9 Shoma UNO 2639.5
10 Junhwan CHA 2602.6
11 Boyang JIN 2571.3
12 Keegan MESSING 2486.9
13 Kevin AYMOZ 2177.5
14 Nam NGUYEN 2123.1
15 Deniss VASILJEVS 2074.9
16 Artur DANIELIAN 1922.7
17 Camden PULKINEN 1907.3
18 Keiji TANAKA 1860.7
19 Michal BREZINA 1696.9
20 Petr GUMENNIK 1686.3

Although not being able to see Yuzu skate (or appear anywhere) for weeks/months is sad, I think that all things considered, this is actually the best season the cancellation could have happened in. We had such a great season so far, with Yuzu being able to do all the competitions he wanted to do without injury. That's already more than I could have asked for. And 4CC really ended the season with a high note, with the super slam and gala shenanigans and everything. 

To be honest, I also felt that Yuzu's decision to go back to Chopin and Seimei was like the best of bad options. He said that after the kuyashii experience with Otonal and Origin, he just wanted to skate in his own way/feeling like himself again, and was even considering creating new programs after JNats - but there just wasn't enough time. That indicates that ideally, he would have liked to get new programs, but out of necessity he went back to the old programs that made him feel the most 'himself'. But this decision was also difficult, because the programs are already iconic and there is the added pressure of not wanting to 'damage' them. While I obviously don't know how Yuzu feels about all of this, I could imagine there's maybe some relief in being able to just move on and not having to reuse these programs for Worlds, where the likelihood of messy scoring is also high. The 4CC outing of Chopin and Seimei was great, but I think it's ultimately good that now he can put them back to sleep and move on to something different. Based on the things he's been saying in interviews after JNats, I think it absolutely seems likely that he will create completely new programs, and I am so looking forward to that. It seems he's had some important realisations about what it means to him to skate in his own style, and I'm sure the results will be amazing to see. Now we just have to be patient. 

On a final note, seeing as Yuzu had such a packed schedule earlier in the season, I think having some extra time to just practice at his own pace is really good at this point. Who knows, maybe this will end up accelerating the 4A development - I very much doubt we would have seen that in Montréal anyway, and now he can probably focus on this and other pet projects more. 

So yeah, of course I feel disappointed at not seeing Yuzu (and many others) skate, but I think ultimately this was the right decision. And for Yuzu/fanyus, it might really be a blessing in disguise (sorry if this sounds insensitive right now - I know it must really hurt for people who have lost precious time/money and have been really looking forward to this, but I really think that some silver linings will be visible in the long term). 

Oh yeah, and I feel relieved at not having to witness the abomination that would have been the red carpet/awards thing.. The whole thing was such a mess from the start, I hope they just kill it for Stockholm. 

Cancelling World's is a sad thing for everyone, especially the skaters who've worked hard to get there... however, it was a necessary thing.   I read that world cases double every 5 days.... that's a nasty statistic going forward.

While disappointed, I"m sure the skaters are also relieved that they don't have to expose themselves more than necessary. I think many people are more and more hesitant to travel away from home because of this, and health is the most important thing in anyone's life.

From a purely Yuzu perspective, I think it's ok for this season. While I love those programs, I really think it would be best to start again next year (if we're lucky enough and he wants to continue) with new programs... and he gets even more time to solve that 4A problem.

I would also not be disappointed if the spring/summer shows were cancelled. This virus needs to fade away and large gatherings don't exactly help in that regard... (and I kind of want him to stay in his bat cave away from what's going on elsewhere).

So,  the season end is anticlimactic, but sometimes world events are too big to ignore and you have to do what is correct.

1 hour ago, Flutterby said:

and hopefully whip up some really awesome fresh programs for next season.

but …… green SEIMEI :sadPooh: I bought a green woolly hat with 2 bobbles that looks like pooh ears but in green esp for the FS.  AND a green glasses case.  AND glasses that meant I can actually see the whole rink in focus rather than just the part nearest to me.

Seriously though, I am relieved at the decision.  It needed to be taken out of our (OK my) hands.  (I know it's not right to base important decisions on green SEIMEI pooh hats...…) green costume needed next season pls Yuzuru so I can wear my hat:wut: 

4 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

What do you guys do on here during droughts

Like, what would we discuss in the forum?

Basically everything, from ISU newest ideas and why they are bad to Yuzu's skin complexion and why we can't have one like that :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Pammi said:

but …… green SEIMEI :sadPooh: I bought a green woolly hat with 2 bobbles that looks like pooh ears but in green esp for the FS.  AND a green glasses case.  AND glasses that meant I can actually see the whole rink in focus rather than just the part nearest to me.

Seriously though, I am relieved at the decision.  It needed to be taken out of our (OK my) hands.  (I know it's not right to base important decisions on green SEIMEI pooh hats...…) green costume needed next season pls Yuzuru so I can wear my hat:wut: 

Let's start thinking of programs he can do with a green costume  (though I will now go back to wishing and hoping for the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack, I can't help it...)