General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I am secretly dreaming Yuzu after re***** that one day he will skate in D****y On Ice with Pooh and Elsa. He can do hunyu huny honey hunt with Pooh and sing with Elsa "The cold never bothered me anyway". 

Oh same!. I actually think Yuzu could become a bigger star globally if he wasn't so busy for competitive skating. He has the it factor and has his own vision for skating. I kinda want him to become a bit more selfish and skate for himself rather than promoting ISU etc. Imagine if he team up with dis*ey (come on disney plus, you guys still need subscribers for your streaming service, make some exclusive mini series starring yuzu and pooh $$$$)

23 minutes ago, mmmrazorz said:

Oh same!. I actually think Yuzu could become a bigger star globally if he wasn't so busy for competitive skating. He has the it factor and has his own vision for skating. I kinda want him to become a bit more selfish and skate for himself rather than promoting ISU etc. Imagine if he team up with dis*ey (come on disney plus, you guys still need subscribers for your streaming service, make some exclusive mini series starring yuzu and pooh $$$$)

I think he still needs competition to progress further, as a motivation. I don't think he will be satisfied until he has reached his own limit and, his asthma, ankle (and what else?) apart, I feel we are not to the end of surprises. I would bet he will not only land the first 4A in competition (but not until he can do it perfectly and with entry and transition "à la Yuzuru"), but also the first quint. Unless Shoma Uno can before, or a junior of today. Maybe with a quad-quad in-between? Though with present ISU rules, I understand a quad-quad is not very interesting : lower GOE, consuming a "quad right". But Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't only work for immediate scoring rewards.

Just now, IULIANA said:

Shoma should work on pre-rotation of his weird quads before tying a quint. Do not let yourself fooled by the PR mashine behind him. Come on, people, we come a long way, we all know the drill by now!

I am not fooled as to his present technique, but I do (I must say I am very ignorant) believe he is able to address it, unlike Nathan Chen with his stiffness and axis instability, although these are less severe problems; because Shoma Uno seems to have great resources left, I think greater stamina potential than Yuzuru Hanyu himself, while Nathan Chen is exhausted.

On 3/9/2020 at 4:13 AM, Umebachi said:

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I saw on Japanese Tw about a recent interview with Ari Zakarian - the "brilliant" originator of the Awards - and apparently he told the interviewer that 10 out of 10 respondents were in favor of NC for MVP.   He seemed to be in no doubt that NC will win the Award.  So it's been cooked from the beginning. 

It was a translation of a translation so something may have gotten lost there - and now I can't locate the tweet anymore.  Has anyone seen this interview?  Assume the original was in Russian...

Way behind this thread...but what in the name of all that is good and holy is THIS??? 

Iirc, the definition of MVS was something like “engage fan base most and increase interest”? It’s a travesty if anyone other than Yuzu wins it...:disdain:

I was mildly curious about these awards at first, but now I’m gonna riot by...idk :( 

Anyways, here’s to hoping Yuzu will get more awards and thus more screen time! It’d be great if he does a cartwheel to mark his dramatic entrance like he did at that award show before. 

11 minutes ago, peach-blossom said:

Way behind this thread...but what in the name of all that is good and holy is THIS??? 

Iirc, the definition of MVS was something like “engage fan base most and increase interest”? It’s a travesty if anyone other than Yuzu wins it...:disdain:

I was mildly curious about these awards at first, but now I’m gonna riot by...idk :( 

Anyways, here’s to hoping Yuzu will get more awards and thus more screen time! It’d be great if he does a cartwheel to mark his dramatic entrance like he did at that award show before. 

Spoiler

At this point, machiavellian!me is inclined to favour a cancellation if that means it will grind the narrative of inflating ISU pet skaters and robbing skaters with proper technique and artistry to a halt... and if that means no cooked awards... :ohno:

17 hours ago, alwaysafan said:

It's crazy what's happening in the world. I live in Italy in the red zone, already quarantined, and now our WHOLE country is on lock-down. I'm praying for Yuzu's health. Be safe everybody :crybaby:

Stay safe yourself! I hope the virus subsides in Italy quickly, and everywhere else too.  

5 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:
When I looked at this artist's Yuzu fan art, a Japanese word 清冽な美しさ came in my mind. (美しさ= beauty)

清冽 must be more or less the same meaning in Chinese...(?) but it's an adjective that describes cold and clear water without impurity. It can be used to describe beauty that can stun people with its purity and clarity. Word "cold" can add negative nuance when describing people but cold beauty can be a thing that coldness itself is a part of the attraction. It gives unattainable/untouchable feeling because of the coldness but at the same time, you're stunned and cannot move / you're trapped because of the coldness. Off ice, Yuzu is so adorkable and cute. But on ice, he can be the untouchable. I love the blue flame that Yuzu described himself. Fire that burns with blue flame is hotter than the normal red one. 

I am secretly dreaming Yuzu after re***** that one day he will skate in D****y On Ice with Pooh and Elsa. He can do hunyu huny honey hunt with Pooh and sing with Elsa "The cold never bothered me anyway". 

This world is at very unsettling situations atm and I wish everyone's health and happiness the most. Please stay safe wherever you're on this planet :grouphug:

Cold and stunning beauty - like the woods in winter on a bluebird day

5 hours ago, peach-blossom said:

If Yuzu doesn't win MVS for whatever perverse reason, feel free to remind the ISU, who has turned Laureus 2019, Google Search 2019 and ESPN 100 upside down in the past two seasons. The man with 0 SM followers who beats Novak Djokovic and Tiger Woods in online search numbers. Fanyus flooding Laureus' Twitter account and Google's comment section on YT were definitely moments for the history books:rofl:

To make 100% sure that these sweeties never get lost, I decided to save them as screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-JkDKyibppT4ROhV75tghxf-nSZuLWV

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ASyNxsOqtofN018B3iIxZGigUyH2X-lj

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Stay safe yourself! I hope the virus subsides in Italy quickly, and everywhere else too.  

Be safe and try to stay positive! In the mean time...

Today (JP time) marks the 9th anniversary of 3.11 Japan earthquake. As usual, by searching "3.11" keyword in https://search.yahoo.co.jp/ website will contribute to Tohoku region recovery fund and efforts. Campaign starts from 0000 ~ 2359 (JP time).

For more info, you may want to read through JP Yahoo campaign details English:
https://fukko.yahoo.co.jp/2015/en.html

At least I feel I could do something positive in this dark our for Italy and all places affected by the virus....

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

If Yuzu doesn't win MVS for whatever perverse reason, feel free to remind the ISU, who has turned Laureus 2019, Google Search 2019 and ESPN 100 upside down in the past two seasons. The man with 0 SM followers who beats Novak Djokovic and Tiger Woods in online search numbers. Fanyus flooding Laureus' Twitter account and Google's comment section on YT were definitely moments for the history books:rofl:

To make 100% sure that these sweeties never get lost, I decided to save them as screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-JkDKyibppT4ROhV75tghxf-nSZuLWV

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ASyNxsOqtofN018B3iIxZGigUyH2X-lj

The fact that he's so popular without his own public SM is remarkable in this day and age. It's a bit surprising he hasn't been pressured into having one created and managed on his behalf by a PR team but it's clear he doesn't need it and I guess he just puts his foot down and reminds everyone he's an athlete, not a pop star.