General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, alwaysafan said:

It's crazy what's happening in the world. I live in Italy in the red zone, already quarantined, and now our WHOLE country is on lock-down. I'm praying for Yuzu's health. Be safe everybody :crybaby:

Andra tutto bene, vedrai che ce la facciamo!

1 hour ago, alwaysafan said:

It's crazy what's happening in the world. I live in Italy in the red zone, already quarantined, and now our WHOLE country is on lock-down. I'm praying for Yuzu's health. Be safe everybody :crybaby:

Take care and stay safe!!  Thinking of you and all our friends in Italy.  I just cancelled my trip to Montreal because my asthma is flaring up again which puts me at high risk of catching - and transmitting - the virus.  I am praying for Yuzu's health and safety in this high risk environment, as he is also asthmatic.

I live on Vancouver Island - where we haven't seen any cases yet, but it's a matter of time since we are just a short ferry ride away from Seattle and we are living in fear of what is happening south of the border.  US and Canada are so closely intertwined in this region that it will be next to impossible to close the border and stop movements, like they did in Italy & China.   

2 hours ago, barbara said:

No panic - just concern.  Mine being that I get there and cases go up exponentially and the US doesn't let me back in.  I feel worse for those already on their way...

Québec has only 4 confirmed cases of Covid-19, the novo-coronavirus and no deaths. Canada as a whole has 74 confirmed cases and one death which occurred today in British Columbia – a man in his 80s.

Therefore, it is unlikely that cases will increase exponentially in Canada and, particularly, in Québec over the next week or so.

The risk in attending Worlds is the same risk that you run when you attend any event involving thousands of people in a concentrated area, especially since people are coming from all over the world – from countries that have a higher incidence of the coronavirus than Canada does.

As far as I know, Canada does not restrict the entry of foreign nationals.

The United States has close to 600 or more confirmed cases of the coronavirus with at least 21 deaths. At last count, 34 states have confirmed cases of the virus.

2 hours ago, alwaysafan said:

Hugs. Take care

3 hours ago, zootown said:

Andra tutto bene, vedrai che ce la facciamo!

3 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Take care and stay safe!!  Thinking of you and all our friends in Italy.  I just cancelled my trip to Montreal because my asthma is flaring up again which puts me at high risk of catching - and transmitting - the virus.  I am praying for Yuzu's health and safety in this high risk environment, as he is also asthmatic.

I live on Vancouver Island - where we haven't seen any cases yet, but it's a matter of time since we are just a short ferry ride away from Seattle and we are living in fear of what is happening south of the border.  US and Canada are so closely intertwined in this region that it will be next to impossible to close the border and stop movements, like they did in Italy & China.   

2 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

Hugs. Take care

Thank you everybody, your kind words matter a lot to me!! :10742289:

Ah guys is such a strange moment right now , I live in a small town (60000 people give or take)and the silence outside is so unreal ....we were joking among colleagues that it looks like one of those catastrophic movies a la the day after!

I’d be terribly sorry if they really cancel worlds so let’s hope they find a way and most of all let’s hope we can all stop this damn virus!

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Boy knows how to use his name. :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

I think in this case Yuzu had nothing to do with the naming, the only promotion he did was literally appear on camera reacting to this product.. although it's true that's more than enough to get hanyuconomy moving. 

Afaik Narahamachi is already using the yuzu fruit as its mascot/symbol, as I think it is a big yuzu producer. But of course it's possible that the name is simultaneously a nod to Yuzuru since he has a connection with the town now. There's that one cute video where he visits the sewing classroom and they show him a Yuzutaro plushie or something like that too. 

When I looked at this artist's Yuzu fan art, a Japanese word 清冽な美しさ came in my mind. (美しさ= beauty)

清冽 must be more or less the same meaning in Chinese...(?) but it's an adjective that describes cold and clear water without impurity. It can be used to describe beauty that can stun people with its purity and clarity. Word "cold" can add negative nuance when describing people but cold beauty can be a thing that coldness itself is a part of the attraction. It gives unattainable/untouchable feeling because of the coldness but at the same time, you're stunned and cannot move / you're trapped because of the coldness. Off ice, Yuzu is so adorkable and cute. But on ice, he can be the untouchable. I love the blue flame that Yuzu described himself. Fire that burns with blue flame is hotter than the normal red one. 

I am secretly dreaming Yuzu after re***** that one day he will skate in D****y On Ice with Pooh and Elsa. He can do hunyu huny honey hunt with Pooh and sing with Elsa "The cold never bothered me anyway". 

This world is at very unsettling situations atm and I wish everyone's health and happiness the most. Please stay safe wherever you're on this planet :grouphug:

10 hours ago, Fay said:

A fun thread of physics of 4Lo

"The more I study him the more marveled I am. I bet we dont even know half of the amazing things he does, or if we know them, how actually amazing they are. We always say he is in another level, but I really think it is even truer than what we realize."

Thank you so much for this thread! The paragraph above is so exactly what I think of him (and, in fact, of the two other living G.O.A.T. I know). I prefer Maths but, between this Tweeter account and another one subtitled "As a Physicist, I feel personnally attacked by Yuzuru Hanyu", I wonder if I should not reconsider my coldness towards Physics. ;-) (Plus the strong motivation of understanding better "the Physics in Yuzuru Hanyu's skating", of course.)