General Yuzuru Chat

I just realized something really promising!!   :surprised_pikachu:

19/20 is Yuzu's season of breaking all types of ancient curses, aye?

Skate Canada curse, 4CC curse, injury at second GP curse...

Well, there is one curse left... Yuzu never managed to skate two clean programs at Worlds so far...

Now guess, what that means... :hihi:

#Footnote: There's a three years gap between 2014, 2017 and 2020... We know very well, what happened in '14 and '17... I wouldn't mind, if the series continued...

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Well, there is one curse left... Yuzu never managed to skate two clean programs at Worlds so far...

#Footnote: There's a three years gap between 2014, 2017 and 2020... We know very well, what happened in '14 and '17... I wouldn't mind, if the series continued...

I think all of us wish for two clean programmes too but

If he’s attempting 4A the chances of that are very very slim tbh :/ 

42 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think all of us wish for two clean programmes too but

If he’s attempting 4A the chances of that are very very slim tbh :/ 

Well at least that will be.. interesting.. 

I don't think he'll be attempting 4A to be honest, it seems that the landing chance is still too close to zero to be worth the risk given that he also wants to win. I know other people might think that just landing 4A is worth it even if everything else is messy and doesn't result in a gold, but I think Yuzu really wants to land the 4A and win, so the probability needs to be high enough for that. The way he's talked about it in interviews, it's clear that he really wants to do it but also feels there is still a fairly long way to go. I'm hoping that it might be a motivating factor for him to continue beyond this season tbh. But you never know with Mr. Hanyu, it never stops being a rollercoaster, so I'm trying not to be surprised by anything that may or may not happen:13877886:

1 hour ago, glilikoi said:

I don't think he'll be attempting 4A to be honest, it seems that the landing chance is still too close to zero to be worth the risk given that he also wants to win. ... But you never know with Mr. Hanyu, it never stops being a rollercoaster, so I'm trying not to be surprised by anything that may or may not happen:13877886:

How we'll know that Nessie is finally, for-sure going to appear: 

bald-brian-for-web.jpg

:ohmygod:

7 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

How we'll know that Nessie is finally, for-sure going to appear: 

bald-brian-for-web.jpg

:ohmygod:

I laughed so hard listening to that interview when they asked Brian (several years ago) if it was easy to train Yuzu and Javi...and he was like...easy??? Nam is easy...I did not have children I don't understand how they can be late for a noon session...Training a smart, strong willed, genius of a skater is probably not that easy! But it is also a once in a lifetime chance to see this kind of talent everyday...

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Uh thats a bit of a reach. I mean he never skated clean 2 programs in Olympics, in his first GPs, in B-comps either... 3 years between worlds titles dont make a rule as he only got 2. He called SC and 4CC a curse cuz he NEVER won it, despite 3 tries, so it's kinda unlucky. The only curse still left now might be skating in China, 4 times without winning lol :knc_brian1:

I also wish for Yuzu to skate clean both his sp and free for the upcoming Worlds...but since the change to 4 min free skate duration he has never skate clean once in his free.During skate canada he almost done it.Do u guys think by shorten the free skate duration its effected Yuzu the most?

21 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Lol.  This discussion reminds me of a conversation I had with my gaming group on Friday.

Me: looking at Yuzu pics instead of paying attention to the game.  "He has perfect skin and he doesn't even wear any makeup"

Friend: "He at least wears eyeliner"

Me: shows first closeup of Yuzu's eyes I find. "No he doesn't.  Look"

Friend: "Okay.  But you think that's perfect skin?"

Me: "That's just the contrast on the photo."  Turns to hubby. "you've seen him in real life.  Doesn't his skin look even better in real life?"

Husband: Yes, but still convinced that he's lying about not wearing makeup.

Me: Shows friend different pictures of Yuzu.

Friend: "I see contour"

Me: "There's no way he could be wearing makeup. He sweats too much"

Husband: "There's makeup that's made to last through that"

Me: "But he's constantly wiping it off.  There's no makeup that stays on through that"

Me: shows friend another picture

Friend: "You can see the photo shopping in the neck"

Me: "No... I've seen him in real life.  His neck really is that long"

Husband and friends: convinced that I'm just some delusional fangurl.

Me: :shrug:  How do you convince someone that a person can be naturally that beautiful? It took me over a year to accept it myself and then I was still amazed when I saw it in person.

Haha, my first thought when seeing him in-person 4-5 feet away, "What the.. he has no pores..." lol, it's true, he actually does not, lol.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, Toni said:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

These are Fanyu Good Luck Charms I will be handing out at Worlds. (You can find me at seat: SECTION 101 - ROW R - SEAT 10)  Obviously, I expected Yuzu to be doing Origin there, but it's still good luck and will remind us of purple Origin. At least I added a Ballad feather :grin: In Japan, 5 yen coins are considered good luck. They also consider KitKat bars good luck because "Kit Kat" sounds like the Japanese word for "sure win." Because of this, KitKat bars are very popular in Japan... and, well, they're yummy ,chocolate covered wafers, so...  Anyway, I'll post a reminder as we get closer. 

How many days will you be at? Is it also your only seat? Will make sure to seek you out.

2 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

I also wish for Yuzu to skate clean both his sp and free for the upcoming Worlds...but since the change to 4 min free skate duration he has never skate clean once in his free.During skate canada he almost done it.Do u guys think by shorten the free skate duration its effected Yuzu the most?

I honestly thought that the shortening to 4:00 would affect Yuzu the least, since his jumps need the least preparation which leads to more room for actual choreography.

But I didn't count in three factors:

1. Some skaters with quads could reduce their choreo to a minimum without being punished at all (even rewarded). That gave them an enormous advantage.
  2. Because of that Yuzu had to up his number of quads to stay competitive. In Barcelona he had 3 quads in 8 jumping passes with additional 30 seconds to recover. In Torino he had 5 quads in 7 jumping passes and zero breathing room.
  3. However, Yuzu refused to lower the overall quality of his free programs. He rather goes through the wringer now and does 3 jump elements in 20 seconds than dropping any part of Seimei's choreo. That makes things extra hard of course...

Retrospectively I have to say that all three performances of Origin in Saitama, Kelowna and Torino were little miracles, considering the packed layout, huge tempo and dense choreographic content around it. I don't think that any other skater would survive the first 30 seconds of Origin (some might lose their balance in the starting pose already). Not to mention the rest. Seimei will be just as hard with all the breathing rooms cut off. But it's Yuzuru Mr Impossible Hanyu, we're talking about...

I think this hasn't been posted yet. The dilemma goes on. As much as I love Otonal, Chopin is just special, no matter which version!

PS: don't miss the extra question about which Yuzu's quad is your fav right below it! For me it's the non-prerotated Lutz, just because it is so unique! All of Yuzu' quads are grade SSS quality :winky: