General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

And he is not a heavily made-up top model, they chose a photo taken "on ice".
By the way, do you think he uses any make-up to compete? And for shows?

With the sweat, makeup wouldn't last long :) No, he just has that skin that doesn't even need airbrushing to look unearthly (see that Kose video which may be short but I downloaded anyway to gloat over how perfect he looks)

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I think Yuzu definitely doesn't wear make-up on ice, for reasons stated by others above. Off-ice, though, they sometimes put some make-up on him for CMs and such (which is done to literally everyone for TV appearances, photoshoots etc). I think he looks best without skin makeup - there's a couple of shoots where the shade of foundation is slightly off or something. He definitely doesn't need any.

It would be cool to see Yuzu wear some eye make-up for a show, I think it'd look really striking. But the fact he's never visibly worn any eye make-up in the 10+ years he's been skating in shows, where people tend to go for all kinds of experimental looks, indicates that he probably has zero interest in doing that. Maybe it's because it'd get messy or something. On that note, I always wonder if it feels uncomfortable when I see women skate programs wearing heavier make-up. I guess you just have to find the stuff that works for you/feels comfortable and is durable enough, but it must take some trial and error. 

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

With the sweat, makeup wouldn't last long :) No, he just has that skin that doesn't even need airbrushing to look unearthly (see that Kose video which may be short but I downloaded anyway to gloat over how perfect he looks)

At about 3:05 of this making of CM for Ghana chocolates, this exact point is being demonstrated. Yuzu is coming back to the makeup person and saying basically, “There’s no point, right? The wax has melted because of the sweat. (The makeup person interjects: “The foundation, too.”) Yes, the foundation, too. My lip (gloss) as well.”

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

He definitely does not use anything. His skin and features always appear the same. 

4 hours ago, glilikoi said:

It would be cool to see Yuzu wear some eye make-up for a show, I think it'd look really striking.

Something like kabuki theatre makeup would be extremely interesting, especially if he went with the whole theme and created a program based on it

19 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

At about 3:05 of this making of CM for Ghana chocolates, this exact point is being demonstrated. Yuzu is coming back to the makeup person and saying basically, “There’s no point, right? The wax has melted because of the sweat. (The makeup person interjects: “The foundation, too.”) Yes, the foundation, too. My lip (gloss) as well.”

lip gloss, really?! :xD:

17 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

lip gloss, really?! :xD:

Prob lip balm or is it really lip gloss? I have been trying to find if anyone knows what brand he uses. The shine on his lip is too nice. I am not sure if it is the shine + his natural lip color or there’s a tint on the balm/gloss but... if anyone knows what brand he uses, msg me!!! 

38 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Does anyone know if this video's been translated? 

Wishing everyone a happy Hina-Matsuri day. March 3 is the girls day in Japan where we display Hina dolls - a recreation of a Heian court. 

Exquisite Hina dolls created by Ms Goto who passed away a couple of years ago. The first one is in Moegi green - the same as Seimei 3.0. 

Ms Goto made this Snow Bird dolls with Yuzu as the model for the male doll.  Delicate. 

http://www.gotodolls.jp/products/detail/snowbird.html 

3 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Prob lip balm or is it really lip gloss? I have been trying to find if anyone knows what brand he uses. The shine on his lip is too nice. I am not sure if it is the shine + his natural lip color or there’s a tint on the balm/gloss but... if anyone knows what brand he uses, msg me!!! 

Remember how glossy his lips looked during the press conference following the 2018 Sendai Olympic victory parade? It didn't look that glossy during the parade, so that must be lip gloss applied during makeup for the TV press conference appearance.

Sorry, I don't know the brand he uses. (Not that I would admit it even if I knew.)