General Yuzuru Chat

Rewatching Sochi FS while I wait for my hair to dry and had to pause after the 4S fall because apparently I still get worked up and nervous for Yuzu even though I know every step (figuratively speaking and puns all round) in this skate of this program like the back of my hand. 

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Sekkisei Miyabi ads in Fukuoka station

Is this Tenjin station?  Understandably, the usually very crowded station looks emptier than usual, but the pics could also been taken during a non-rush hour. So the campaign has started and not only these beautiful ads, but the products themselves are available in Kyushu it seems :happy:----although they are still expensive as cosmetics go!

4 hours ago, peach-blossom said:

I want to get a magazine or a book or some other Yuzu merch...but I don't know what to get:pouty:

There's also the problem of shipping...do you guys have any advice? Much thanks!

Unless you have a friend in Japan who can purchase them and send them to you, I think ordering them from Amazon.co.jp (which has the option of viewing in English) or CD Japan for books and magazines would be the most convenient. Unfortunately, the postage will be expensive with any option, even if a friend helps you out, but it helps if you have them shipped all together instead of when each become available, but of course you might have to wait longer to get them. 

4 hours ago, peach-blossom said:

I want to get a magazine or a book or some other Yuzu merch...but I don't know what to get:pouty:

There's also the problem of shipping...do you guys have any advice? Much thanks!

On what to get — there is so much I could not advise anyone:—).

But I can say that ordering and shipping via amazon jp. never was a problem. 

The only thing here in Germany is, that one may get a phone call from the customs office if it is merchandise over 20 Euros. They once wanted a screenshot of the merch.

1 hour ago, memae said:

Rewatching Sochi FS while I wait for my hair to dry and had to pause after the 4S fall because apparently I still get worked up and nervous for Yuzu even though I know every step (figuratively speaking and puns all round) in this skate of this program like the back of my hand. 

I still gasp and get anxious whenever I watch his old programs too, lol. Even ones where I know he skated perfectly and broke the world record like H&L 2017.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Might be the best photo of him yet - like a visual representation of his real personality!

When at peace.

I find him also beautiful when angry, such at GPF (4A attempts and FS), I suppose there is no close photo from the 4A attempts, but from Origin? Plus, it was my preferred interpretation of this program, both the cut and the skate.

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

Unless you have a friend in Japan who can purchase them and send them to you, I think ordering them from Amazon.co.jp (which has the option of viewing in English) or CD Japan for books and magazines would be the most convenient. Unfortunately, the postage will be expensive with any option, even if a friend helps you out, but it helps if you have them shipped all together instead of when each become available, but of course you might have to wait longer to get them. 

Thank you! I searched up his name in Japanese on amazon jp but there are so many different magazines I dunno what to get orz 

54 minutes ago, raebia said:

On what to get — there is so much I could not advise anyone:—).

But I can say that ordering and shipping via amazon jp. never was a problem. 

The only thing here in Germany is, that one may get a phone call from the customs office if it is merchandise over 20 Euros. They once wanted a screenshot of the merch.

Can you still advise me on what to get?😋 Preferably, I want to get something not too expensive, with lots of beautiful photos to flick through and sigh over lol. I don’t think I’ll have to worry about customs offices, they’re a lot less stringent here but thanks for the heads up!

46 minutes ago, peach-blossom said:

Thank you! I searched up his name in Japanese on amazon jp but there are so many different magazines I dunno what to get orz 

Can you still advise me on what to get?😋 Preferably, I want to get something not too expensive, with lots of beautiful photos to flick through and sigh over lol. I don’t think I’ll have to worry about customs offices, they’re a lot less stringent here but thanks for the heads up!

I am so sorry:-(

I got the Blue Flame book, the latest video,  and preordered the book about costumes. 

My other orders from Japan amazon were not Yuzu-related.

As for for good and many pictures...probably the magazines? 

But I loved the Blue Flame book.

For what you are looking for, especially good photos, there will be better tips from satellites here, I am sure.

Greetings!:pbow:

edit: I got the „memorial 2019“ photobook. It is not only Yuzuru and is from Saitama, well, but it has many great photos of him nonetheless:-).

1 hour ago, peach-blossom said:

It's really hard to choose from all those beautiful magazines :59227c768286a__s: but some that I like a lot and I could recommend:

- DX magazine, this is the latest issue. This magazine often has over 90% Yuzu content, great pictures too 

- Figure Skate Magazine (x), this magazine has the transcripts of Yuzu interviews from competitions, it also has great amount of Yuzu content with good quality pictures of him, and usually 2 two-sided posters

- Ice Jewels magazine (latest issue is here) is always a great choice, it has interviews with Yuzu, also very good quality pictures. Ice Jewels also releases Yuzu's season photobook every summer (it has Nobuaki Tanaka's pictures), I can highly recommend those! I also liked the PyeongChang Special Issue of Ice Jewels (no gala pictures though).

- Kiss and Cry magazine is also good (this issue has posters in it too - I managed to put the Origin poster on the wall just a day before Yuzu's program change was published on his ISU bio :D . Never mind, it's a great poster:

Spoiler

51arSj6XMvL.jpg

- This photobook is more pricey but has beautiful pictures of Yuzu from his novice season until season 2017/2018 (and it says the author is Yuzu himself?). It is one of my favourites.

- Yuzuru I and II with photos of Sunao Noto are also worth buying 

- Dancin' on the edge 2 - Yuzu'll be back is also a beautiful photobook that it is worth buying

- I haven't bought Figure Skaters magazine for a long while, some say the quality of pictures aren't that good in some of the latest issues, but it's a big magazine (A3 size I think?), with over lots of Yuzu pictures and often posters

Not magazines but Yuzu's autobiographies, Aoi Honoo 1 and 2 ("Blue Flame" 1 and 2) are a must :) They have beautiful pictures of Yuzu and contain his words from different interviews. For those who buy these books there are available translations (click here). The royalties from these book are donated to Ice Rink Sendai. <3 

Yume Wo Ikiru ("Live the Dream") contains Yuzu interviews from Ice Jewels Vol. 1-7 magazines (2015-2018), afterword by Yuzu + it also has beautiful pictures. 

Some people upload recommendations of the magazines, you can have a look and maybe you can decide which one do you like the most (here and here).

Anyway, we have a Magazines and Books Recommendations and Reviews thread as well, where you can read more about the topic here: :68271262: