General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yeah. Or, more generally, the Japanese skaters as a group, because they're all very appealing skaters and do good things on the ice. And the Japanese audience is already huge. I've been thinking for a while now that when they say ' raise the popularity of figure skating', what they really mean is 'find the magic formula that will bring European/Western audiences back to the fold' , and that doesn't sit well with me at all. 

And if they're looking for untapped market share, then by logic they should be looking at ways to expand the audience for figure-skating in South America, Africa, South Asia  and the Arab world. 

Something about the whole enterprise makes me question the motivation behind it. 

I (personally, but I admit I am biased) think what google did, featuring Yuzuru on the Year in Search was the right thing to do to bring new fans. With Yuzuru there, fanyus commented on the video and people got curious. I find comments on old Yuzuru's Olympics programs saying things like 'who is here because of the Google Year in Search?' stuff like that. The billboard on NYC surely helps too. ISU only won't make much (if any) impact imo on non-FS fans, since only fans of the sports bothered with the sports organizations... 

2 hours ago, Alexis219 said:

I (personally, but I admit I am biased) think what google did, featuring Yuzuru on the Year in Search was the right thing to do to bring new fans. With Yuzuru there, fanyus commented on the video and people got curious. I find comments on old Yuzuru's Olympics programs saying things like 'who is here because of the Google Year in Search?' stuff like that. The billboard on NYC surely helps too. ISU only won't make much (if any) impact imo on non-FS fans, since only fans of the sports bothered with the sports organizations... 

I can attest to do this! My epic journey to becoming a fanyu was leaving the obligatory dislike on YouTube rewind 2019, reading a comment saying Google year in search was better, reading a comment  gushing about Yuzu in Year in search and then searching him up, watching his Olympic performances and consequently getting sucked into a black hole of Yuzu vids. The rest is history 😂

This is actually the first time I’ve joined a fan forum or gotten so invested in one thing—I was into kpop before but never so much that I put out a google alert and combed through the internet searching for updates. I’m glad I came across Planet Hanyu, the video archives are super helpful and you guys have helped me understand more about the sport, so thank you!

3 hours ago, Alexis219 said:

I agree. And the Google thing happened completely organically, and cost nothing. If ISU Figure Skating just had enough sense to lean into these serendipitous moments a little more, and make the most of them, they'd be all set. But I really don't think they understand the digital age. 

5 hours ago, monchan said:

Some ppl can have allergy to N95 masks (skin rash), I advise you try it first before bringing to Worlds. Otherwise surgical masks will work just as well in the crowd, N95 is only essential when you're in direct contact with infected patients.

There are a couple of manufacturers so if a 3M causes a reaction, you could try Honeywell....  But, truly, the reason I would bring ones I already have is in case SC insists we wear one.  Then, at least, I'll have what I know works for me, and fits...  And:fingerscrossed: we won't be needing masks at all (unless you're sick! in which case, stay home.)

42 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Oops, double post.

So, he should become Kose global muse soon, right? Maybe we will get new ad. Or come back of beauty blogger Yuzu.

I miss him.:sad-smiley-046:

If I remember well, the contract is to start today. I haven't checked Kosé sites yet, though.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

If I remember well, the contract is to start today. I haven't checked Kosé sites yet, though.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

I'm in big, fat "I miss Yuzuru" mood right now. :dpooh:

Me too! I need to see our boy!! Even if just in new advertising! 

Couldn't agree more about being sick of speed skating (no offense meant) but I have alerts on for ISU and they keep telling me about speed skating, I dont care! I really dont. Wish you could at least personalize alerts.

Some friend of Yuzus needs to take a pic with him and upload  :rofl2:

45 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Unfortunately I just checked US, Malaysian, Singaporean and French Sekkisei sites, nothing in view. He is supposed to become global muse, isn't he?

I think this is a new ad, although it doesn't have any new footage. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to properly embed a tweet with a video in it.

Its here Sekkisei Miyabi x #YuzuruHanyu 🥰😚 https://t.co/0jQu5Z3fyy

— Yuzuru Hanyu Fairy - Fanyu ❤🌹🍀😎 (@yuzuru_fairy) March 1, 2020

15 minutes ago, cereus said:

I think this is a new ad, although it doesn't have any new footage. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to properly embed a tweet with a video in it.

Its here Sekkisei Miyabi x #YuzuruHanyu 🥰😚 https://t.co/0jQu5Z3fyy

— Yuzuru Hanyu Fairy - Fanyu ❤🌹🍀😎 (@yuzuru_fairy) March 1, 2020

That's ok, it's got Origin 1.0 in it, which I absolutely adore!