General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. This season has inofficially ended for me with the great men's event at the 4CC in Seoul. I could watch and enjoy it without thinking about scores and bias and unfairness too much. For me THAT was figure skating. These kind of high quality events made me fall in love with this sport during the Yuzu/Javi cycle. Especially the short program reminded me of the good old days in Barcelona 2015, Helsinki 2017 and PyeongChang 2018, where the overall quality of the event was stellar.

I don't have any hope or expectation for Montreal. As long as Yuzu gets the performances he wants and is happy with his personal achievements, I'm happy as well. Numbers don't mean anything in this system anyway. It's the magic moments that people will rewatch and remember for generations. That's my attitude at the moment.

I agree, 4CC was wonderful, such a blessed event!! FS a bit cursed, but overall stellar.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:22 AM, memae said:

I had some small groups in my last school's reading program for a few months and we read a couple of articles about Yuzu and the Poohs so I could justify watching some of his programs in class time. You know, for building understanding of context and all :winky:

Kids love him without knowing anything about skating. They were so impressed  by Origin at WC 19 and so outraged Nathan Chen won (just 'because' in kid terms - like they literally have no understanding of scoring or the elements or anything or the impact from 4S snaking in the short). Thank you Yuzu for making even boring reading programs enjoyable <3 

I believe time and history will judge this judging!!!

I think in general artistry is just really important in figure skating - over time as the sport evolves people are doing more and more difficult jumps

But even with girls landing quads these days, no one will look back at Yuna and Mao and say their performances were bad because they didn’t do quads

Similarly, people won’t look back and say Plushenko and Yagudin were bad because they didn’t land 4-5 quads like currently competing men

So maybe in the far future when men will be landing 4 quints in their competitions, Yuzu will still be remembered for his legacy and artistry :)  These things will always stay relevant no matter how many difficult jumps skaters have to do

I doubt they will cancel Worlds, too much money invested in that, and there wasn't even one case of the virus in Quebec until now... It's true there will be a lot of people from other countries, but I really think they would only do it if they are forced to.

3 hours ago, airi said:

I doubt they will cancel Worlds, too much money invested in that, and there wasn't even one case of the virus in Quebec until now... It's true there will be a lot of people from other countries, but I really think they would only do it if they are forced to.

Well there was that soccer game in Milan played with zero spectators. Who knows?

Incidentally, I was reading Twitter tonight for the first time in..... ages and it looks like Nomura Mansai-san is having to cancel/postpone some engagements. 

But then Japan and Italy are being harder hit than Canada at the moment. Hoping things get better soon. Stay safe folks. :fingerscrossed:

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think in general artistry is just really important in figure skating - over time as the sport evolves people are doing more and more difficult jumps

But even with girls landing quads these days, no one will look back at Yuna and Mao and say their performances were bad because they didn’t do quads

Similarly, people won’t look back and say Plushenko and Yagudin were bad because they didn’t land 4-5 quads like currently competing men

So maybe in the far future when men will be landing 4 quints in their competitions, Yuzu will still be remembered for his legacy and artistry :)  These things will always stay relevant no matter how many difficult jumps skaters have to do

Yeah after all the main reason for FS's popularity is it's a performing arts. If u want to see jumps, u can watch gymnastics, def more exciting will all kinds of jumps. But only FS is a mix of jumps and dance and performance and music. Now pp still rewatch Mao, Yuna, Yagudin, Plushenko even we're in a fever of quad becuz what they look for is iconic choreo and performance, in the future, ppl will rewatch FS for the same reason.

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I really hope so 

when concerts are cancelled, they are rebooked but usually also offer the option of a refund.

I can't see how there would not be a refund if you bought a ticket for a specific date and time and that is now changed significantly

2 часа назад, Dreamer сказал:

when concerts are cancelled, they are rebooked but usually also offer the option of a refund.

I can't see how there would not be a refund if you bought a ticket for a specific date and time and that is now changed significantly

If it's considered a force majeure, there may be no refund. (But I'm not a lawyer)

11 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

If it's considered a force majeure, there may be no refund. (But I'm not a lawyer)

no way it is a force majeure....at those nosebleed prices...there will be a rabid mob out for ISU if no refunds.

If anyone bought on Paypal or credit card...file a claim