General Yuzuru Chat

If looking at this without knowing the terms and situation here, Hanyu's hard expression, his good voice muttered naturally, and gesture wiping sweat roughly, just make my eyes and brain nailed and my thinking ceased, and "Philip Sasarika" (Flip sasari-ka) sounded to my ears like a foreign language,  and this looks like an important scene of a movie, where a genius scientist has discovered a new element or a detective has found a clue to solve a mystery, so I want the subtitle to explain. :gla:

刺さる sasaru (verb), 刺さり sasari (noun) - stab or stabbed - meaning UR in Japanese figure skating slung from its sign < .

1 hour ago, Annie19 said:

Thank you for this detailed post, I couldn't agree more... isu's doing is cristal clear, drives me crazy that there's nothing much that can be done!!... really don't know how Yuzu manages to deal with the situation - puting in everything he has & getting insulted by isu again & again with the horrible scoring... in this light I also find myselt dreading the Worlds soo much.. I really tried to block Siatama's & GPF's awuful Chenflashion from my mind & to concentrate on the positive things like gold 4CC and the Super Slam, but the reality of the Worlds is going to be very harsh... I remember watching Chen's skate at Siatama and by the middle of the FS I was in shock from the scores glowing on the screen.. all the inflated GOE's.. I couldn't believe my eyes...

And still, hoping with all my might for a miracle, sending all the good energy to the Universe & all the love to Yuzu.... 🙏❤❤❤❤

Fun fact: Yuzu could break 113 if judge had give him perfect GOE for 3 jumps in 4CC, no need higher GOEs on other elements or higher PCs. But ofc they didn't.

Another fun fact: The best 4T3T Yuzu has ever done (in 4CC SP) is around 0.5 shy from max GOE, same as Chen's 4F3T GOE in GPF => apparently in judge eyes 2 combos have the same quality, just 0.5pt from perfection.

What annoyed me most is not Chen's score is always inflated, but how it gets suddenly MOST inflated, like thru the roof in major comps (GPF, Worlds). Judge is so desperate for him to win those titles, they are so afraid he might lose to Yuzu with just "usual" inflation.

Non-fans dont understand why Fanyu still complains when Yuzu alr got WR. Well judge underscored this new WR so it can be easily broken later.

A bit OT, but I went to change my lenses for the first time in a few years and I discovered that Seiko is a glasses/lens company as well as a watch one because of the numerous times the salesman waxed poetic about it and urged me to buy their lenses. Which got me thinking—Kose, Sekkisei and Ghana have already given Yuzu sponsorships; it’s Seiko’s turn! He already looks stunning in glasses,

Spoiler

tbh he looks good in everything

it’s just taking the logical step. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk5jNhAiAtrBj1yVvuful

1 hour ago, monchan said:

Fun fact: Yuzu could break 113 if judge had give him perfect GOE for 3 jumps in 4CC, no need higher GOEs on other elements or higher PCs. But ofc they didn't.

Another fun fact: The best 4T3T Yuzu has ever done (in 4CC SP) is around 0.5 shy from max GOE, same as Chen's 4F3T GOE in GPF => apparently in judge eyes 2 combos have the same quality, just 0.5pt from perfection.

What annoyed me most is not Chen's score is always inflated, but how it gets suddenly MOST inflated, like thru the roof in major comps (GPF, Worlds). Judge is so desperate for him to win those titles, they are so afraid he might lose to Yuzu with just "usual" inflation.

Non-fans dont understand why Fanyu still complains when Yuzu alr got WR. Well judge underscored this new WR so it can be easily broken later.

The scores for Nathan Chen in GPF are vomit inducing.

And like you well said before as long as personal best, seasonal best and WR are being recorded ofc it matters, I dont know who would try to argue that it doesnt lol I know who, clowns.

Honestly speaking. This season has inofficially ended for me with the great men's event at the 4CC in Seoul. I could watch and enjoy it without thinking about scores and bias and unfairness too much. For me THAT was figure skating. These kind of high quality events made me fall in love with this sport during the Yuzu/Javi cycle. Especially the short program reminded me of the good old days in Barcelona 2015, Helsinki 2017 and PyeongChang 2018, where the overall quality of the event was stellar.

I don't have any hope or expectation for Montreal. As long as Yuzu gets the performances he wants and is happy with his personal achievements, I'm happy as well. Numbers don't mean anything in this system anyway. It's the magic moments that people will rewatch and remember for generations. That's my attitude at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. This season has inofficially ended for me with the great men's event at the 4CC in Seoul. I could watch and enjoy it without thinking about scores and bias and unfairness too much. For me THAT was figure skating. These kind of high quality events made me fall in love with this sport during the Yuzu/Javi cycle. Especially the short program reminded me of the good old days in Barcelona 2015, Helsinki 2017 and PyeongChang 2018, where the overall quality of the event was stellar.

I don't have any hope or expectation for Montreal. As long as Yuzu gets the performances he wants and is happy with his personal achievements, I'm happy as well. Numbers don't mean anything in this system anyway. It's the magic moments that people will rewatch and remember for generations. That's my attitude at the moment.

there's some chance that the season may officially end with 4CC too, given the circumstances :13877886:

18 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I agree and am trying not to be worried (but will still be anxious).   I just hope he can perform Seimei to his satisfaction, leaving for us a legacy of yet another great performance for the history book.   As long as Yuzu can continue to perform the way he wants to perform, we will have memorable moments that will survive the test of time.   No doubt he will be remembered long after his rivals are forgotten  (Can you imagine rewatching that R*ck*tm*n performance 10 years from now??).   I am sure NC will become a capable and very caring physician and I respect his decency and athleticism;  yet his contribution to the world of art and performance will have come and gone, sadly.  I had hoped for much more from him after his Bayadere - which had shown great promise of artistic growth and there had been a lot of talk about his balletic skills.  Although I had initially welcomed this new rivalry with NC, now I am thoroughly disappointed.  Meanwhile, Yuzu continues to amaze and will grow artistically in the years to come, irrespective of ISU scoring.  

22 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

The same. Numbers and protocols can tell more about judges and politics, not that much about skaters nowadays.

I can already hear all of this artificial excitment that organizers and ISU will try to project in Montreal and all the explosive adjectives from commentator, whoever he/she will be. I will need a lot of wine to survive all the second hand embarrassement. And... award show...(although if Montreal won't be successfull competition for Yuzu, I think I will skip award show, probably don't be able to digest that).

Happily, WC will be followed by some great ice shows with Yuzu to give us a chance to recover.

I watched his 4CC ex again last night and was struck so forcefully by the difference between Yuzu skating to win and Yuzu skating to skate.  Of course Helsinki ‘17 is and will always be a transcendent moment, but as jaw-dropping as it is, there’s a sense throughout of carefully metering his energy and avoiding mistakes. The H&L we saw in Seoul, by contrast, had a freedom and an abandon that made it in some ways more exhilarating. (He knew it, too — just watch that self-satisfied grin at the end.) All of which is to say that we will lose something when he no longer competes, but in time we may come to feel that we’ve gained even more. 

Meanwhile, I will go to Montreal and cheer for him to set new records, regain his crown and demolish the judging system. 

:devil3:

ETA: oh, and I haven’t even mentioned Nessie ...

10 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

I watched his 4CC ex again last night and was struck so forcefully by the difference between Yuzu skating to win and Yuzu skating to skate.  Of course Helsinki ‘17 is and will always be a transcendent moment, but as jaw-dropping as it is, there’s a sense throughout of carefully metering his energy and avoiding mistakes. The H&L we saw in Seoul, by contrast, had a freedom and an abandon that made it in some ways more exhilarating. (He knew it, too — just watch that self-satisfied grin at the end.) All of which is to say that we will lose something when he no longer competes, but in time we may come to feel that we’ve gained even more. 

Meanwhile, I will go to Montreal and cheer for him to set new records, regain his crown and demolish the judging system. 

ETA: oh, and I haven’t even mentioned Nessie ...

Yeah, Helsinki 2017 will always be an epic and I will most definitely treasure it as such, I also loved the Hope and Legacy at the Seoul 4CC gala, but I think the grin at th end of the perf at the gala was due to the mistake from th last spin he made.

1 minute ago, ZuCritter said:

I feel the same about H&L. His performance in Seoul radiated so much strength and passion but freedom and lightness at the same time. For me - from a pure performance perspective - it even surpassed Helsinki despite the little spin wobble at the end. It's the same with Seimei at MOI. It was just otherworldly - especially with the epic backward crossrolls. I can't help, but Seimei feels somehow incomplete without them. Imo it's an integral part of the choreo, the atmosphere and the whole body language of Seimei.

The scores and results don't reflect this at all, but in my humble opinion Yuzu's skating qualities and performance abilities reached another level since PyeongChang. He was incredible back then already, but now he's even better. This kind of continuous balanced development in all aspects is what makes Yuzu extra special for me. After 10 senior seasons there's still progression and not only a little, but a lot. I celebrate this so much.

Just now, Henni147 said:

It's the same with Seimei at MOI. It was just otherworldly - especially with the epic backward crossrolls. I can't help, but Seimei feels somehow incomplete without them. Imo it's an integral part of the choreo, the atmosphere and the whole body language of Seimei.

Seeing Seimei with the backward crossrolls has almost ruined seeing it without it for me. :headdesk: It’s still beautiful of course, but the backward crossrolls fit so perfectly into the performance it makes me sad when they’re missing.