General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Looking beyond the current competition, I hope some day Yuzu will perform (for a show/gala) to this piece of music by Kenji Kawai.  The lyrics are in ancient Japanese and the words are haunting.

I love Kenji Kawai. My most crazy dream is Yuzu skating to Kawai's ambient Ringu ost. That would be sth. 

I just want to say 'Thank You!' to the Planet:softYuzu:

Reading and writing here with fellow fanyus is so healing. So many thoughtful, creative and encouraging posts. Such a nice and friendly atmosphere, too. I don't have to worry about my blood pressure (very important). On other platforms I always want to put on my armour, take out my sword and shield and fight everyone who writes stupid stuff about Yuzu :swordfight: 

I can't help, but I have such strong protective feelings for this adorkable super hero who can fly... aye? :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I thought I'd share two Yuzu videos I enjoyed today:

The perfect balance of artistry and athleticism (video edit by 柚生1805)

And also a nice throwback to the "younger years". I think Yuzu could handle a "dance-off" on ice challenge with Nathan!

(video from NikaQuest)

3 hours ago, azelais said:

I hate sad Yuzu :sadPooh:whenever I watch interviews of him like this, all I can think is someone please make sure this boy has a therapist...

Yuzu is too strong and too self-reliant to ever consider a therapist. No one has to tell Yuzu what he needs to do and he would never listen anyway. I always trust him when facing a new challenge and he never disappoints me, regardless of the result. Yuzu is one extremely intelligent, tough, and resilient young man!

44 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu is too strong and too self-reliant to ever consider a therapist. No one has to tell Yuzu what he needs to do and he would never listen anyway. I always trust him when facing a new challenge and he never disappoints me, regardless of the result. Yuzu is one extremely intelligent, tough, and resilient young man!

:iagree:

Figure skating is his own unique form of therapy:  it gives him an emotional and artistic outlet, as well as extreme physical exertion, which all go towards helping him to rebalance and center him.   That's why I am glad he is feeling reconnected with his own skating again, after a season of struggle.    

45 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Ahh, I know he wouldn't :13877886: Perfectionism just isn't always the mentally healthiest mindset someone can have, and I worry about him. I'm glad he's reconnecting with his skating and feels genuine support from his fans though!! :smiley-happy105: