General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Here's the next part of this long and touching interview after JNats, translated by the great team from Axel With Wings. It will never cease to amaze me how he's been able not to lose any of his genuineness in such conditions he's been dealing with for many years.

Damn ISU, what have you done to such a woderful soul!

5 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Damn ISU, what have you done to such a woderful soul!

Yep. Fact that he consider his eventual win as "miracle"... when I would call it simply "justice". But, in the and, although it's pretty painful to watch, I can feel some genuine eagerness to fight in his spirit with hope to succeed at some point. 

10 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Yep. Fact that he consider his eventual win as "miracle"... when I would call it simply "justice". But, in the and, although it's pretty painful to watch, I can feel some genuine eagerness to fight in his spirit with hope to succeed at some point. 

The saddest part is that they made him have doubts about himself.

56 minutes ago, mmmrazorz said:

Errr i need help...i'm in tokyo right now and where to find yuzu merchs here??, i've tried searching for ghana chocolate or magazine but couldnt find any 😭 i dont have money to go to sendai 😭

Conbini ( like 7-Eleven) or bookstore, maybe? Or a Lawton's? Those are the places I would try first, if I were in your shoes.

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, mmmrazorz said:

Errr i need help...i'm in tokyo right now and where to find yuzu merchs here??, i've tried searching for ghana chocolate or magazine but couldnt find any 😭 i dont have money to go to sendai 😭

You can look for magazines at some of the big bookstores like Maruzen (next to the north exit of Tokyo station) or Kinokuniya (Shinjuku, Shibuya, smaller branches elsewhere). Ghana chocolate bars are available most everywhere , including Family mart,  7-11, grocery stores; try the new strawberry flavoured white chocolate  bar—- delicious, but too late for the clear folder campaign. As for other goods, maybe a Satellite from Tokyo can help, since I live on the other side of Japan, but in Tokyo occasionally. Good luck!

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Here's the next part of this long and touching interview after JNats, translated by the great team from Axel With Wings. It will never cease to amaze me how he's been able not to lose any of his genuineness in such conditions he's been dealing with for many years.

Perhaps because he is so very loved! And has his mom with him to support him all the time. But yeah, he has such a bright and brave soul. Love him so much :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

I would also check Disney Store to see if they still have Yuzu Pooh merch!

2 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

I think it depends what kind of merchandise you're looking for.

Magazines you should find in most of the bigger bookstores, like @Ladysci said. Depending on where you're based, I'd also add the Libro at Asakusa Rox 2 (it's one of my favorite go to places for magazines, although there have been times when they didn't have the latest Yuzu stuff). In some bookstores, you can also probably find all the Yuzu-related books - the 2 Aoi Honoo, Yume wo Ikiru, the 2 Team Brian books and all the others about him or the quote collections and such. Also photo books. I remember I found and bought Yuzuru (the first photobook) at a bookstore at Nakano Broadway (forgot what it's called, but it's on the 2nd floor, I think, and it's the only one that actually looks like a bookstore). If you're into anime, manga, JPop idols (particularly Johnny's) or even JRock, then I definitely recommend Nakano Broadway. It's a whole experience lol (Although I think it's possibly not as popular and successful as it was a few years ago... when I went last year it looked like some shops had closed and generally seemed a little more deserted. But the Johnny's Mandarake - that also had other 'ikemen' items, too, like a bit of JRock and a lot of Golden Bomber items and such - and the JRock Trio were still there, so I was happy lol)

For Ghana, you can find regular Ghana chocolate in probably just about any combini, but you likely won't find any of the particular Yuzu designs, as I think those might have been for online store sales only (not sure about the Valentine's Day design, though). Some of the more residential combini might still have Yuzu design Xylitol bottles or Bathclin, but honestly, those you can only find with a lot of luck, so there's little point in spending time searching for them.

Beyond that, if there are no campaigns, it's hard to find Yuzu stuff. There's definitely more to do in Sendai, but getting there is hard on a budget. (The JR Pass is generally a life saver, but not really worth it for just a return trip to Sendai).

9 minutes ago, cori95 said:

I’m in new york next month and I was thinking that maybe I could find anything related to yuzuru. In romania there’s no way you can find anything... Does anyone have any ideas?😕

There’s a Kinokuniya bookstore in NYC, they usually have a decent selection of figure skating magazines so you can probably find some there (although the mark up can be quite high). 

6 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I hate sad Yuzu :sadPooh:whenever I watch interviews of him like this, all I can think is someone please make sure this boy has a therapist...

Looking beyond the current competition, I hope some day Yuzu will perform (for a show/gala) to this piece of music by Kenji Kawai.  The lyrics are in ancient Japanese and the words are haunting.

toyomunari = echoing, resonating, reverberating   These words are emotive and spiritual. 

A ga maeba, kuwashime yoinikeri
Were I to dance, the beautiful lady will become intoxicated
A ga maeba, terutsuki toyomunari
Were I to dance, the glowing moon will reverberate

Yobai ni, kami amakudarite
Upon betrothal, the gods shall descend
Yo wa ake, nuedori naku
The night clears away and the chimera bird will sing