General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And let's not forget the following superlatives:

yuzurific

yuzurious

yuzuful, or hanyuful

yuzuritive

hanyumonous

never mind hanyuconomy, here comes hanyulexicology.

Yuzurious pretty much describes how I feel when I watch Yuzu skate.  Or stand still.

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Was thinking the exact same thing. Imagine being a 40th century archaeologist unearthing such a collection and trying to interpret it:

Dr. Archaeology: It appears that in the early 21st century, a cult arose around the figure of a youth who was said to fly over the ice on blades. Our researchers have unearthed thousands of ritual objects associated with said cult, in many sites across the planet formerly known as Earth. At its height, millions of people, mainly but not all women, adored this god-like figure. 

Dr. Social Anthropologist: The cult appears to have begun as a subset of the much larger worldwide obsession with competitive sport. Adherents were known to spend days at a time admiring their idol within the frozen temples that they called 'ice rinks'. Considerable time, energy, and expense were poured out to train competitors for the young 'god', who would then be summoned to compete for the edification of the masses watching. 

Dr. History: this cult, known at it's height as 'Hanyuism', eventually petered out in the 28th century, but not before inspiring unparalleled frenzies of devotion, such as the tossing of millions of fabric bears onto the sacred surface of the rink to conclude the competition ritual. 

Dr. Archaeology: Hanyuism has receded into the mist of time as nothing more than a 2000-year-old legend, until today. With the discovery of these troves of carefully preserved 'clear files', as worshippers called them, we now have incontrovertible proof that Yuzuru Hanyu really did exist. 

Dr. Social Anthropology: ...as impossible as that may seem. I mean, really, who would ever believe in the existence of a man who could rotate 4.5 or 5 times in the air above the ice, and land without harm? 

Dr.History: There are days when the Santa Claus myth seems far more plausible to me. 

I always wanted to be buried with stone tools, just to make things more funny for archeologists who will discover me. Now I also want to have engraved on them "fanyu 4ever:thumbsup:".

2 hours ago, memae said:

I shall also add my personal fave of "bamYuzulled", the dazed state of mind his chaos puts us in. 

Same for me.

Since the end of last holidays, "I am in a binge", my head turns after watching a few programs, plus I get the physical impression of skating fast, of turning, doing steps... which I cannot do physically (I have never skated). It has something to do with coming back on shore after a journey sailing. He is simply mindblowing.

Some coined terms that I think need to popularize in FS + examples that ignorant ISU commentator can refer to:

- Yuzuish (adj): a complete skater with good qualities in all aspects

(Eg: this xyz skater is very yuzuish and has great potential in future)

- Yuzugram (n): program music used to be skated by Yuzu

(Eg: The Yuzugrams prove to bring many juniors great results)

- Yuzucos (n): costume inspired by Yuzu

(Eg: this skater is wearing Yuzucos which becomes a trend recently)

- Yuzuxel (n): axel from back counter entry 

(Eg: He just did a Yuzuxel that got +1000000GOE across the board)

Very useful short terms that listeners can get the point instantly :9: