General Yuzuru Chat

In the discussion of masculine styles in Yuzu's program, so many of his programs are quite masculine, but two particularly are so.  PW, a program through which he set four records, is one in which he became a young buck strutting his stuff, and it comes off as entirely genuine.  Similarly, LGC displays very much the same attitude.  Other ones I can think of offhand are RJ1 and POTW (that one is my favorite of all his programs).  In any case I think one of the British Eurosport commentators put it quite concisely when talking about how varied the programs Yuzu uses when he said Yuzu could skate to almost any kind of music, particularly when he was comparing PW to Chopin.  The thing is that Yuzu is open to almost any kind of music and  his creative imagination is activated when he hears a piece of music that grabs him.  I wonder how much he is choreographing in his mind when listening to music which would explain how he seems to be in a world of his own when we see him listening so intently.  He's not just listening in his mind, he's skating in his mind.

20 minutes ago, monchan said:

The boy that skated to "Origin" (I mean Art on Ice) as his SP here has won Jr Men's in Challenge Cup. Legacy lives on :embSwan:. Origin might not work for Yuzu anymore but still bring his junior luck :clapclap4:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Japan will be dominating Men's skating for years to come, what with all these little guys looking up to Yuzu and chasing his back...

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Japan will be dominating Men's skating for years to come, what with all these little guys looking up to Yuzu and chasing his back...

If not dominating, then certainly be a factor. :) 

34 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Plus the interest Yuzuru has brought to figure skating has brought lots of money in too -  access to prime facilities and resources are hugely beneficial for producing athletes. 

Hace 12 horas, yumeaki said:

One of the comps that I frequently rewatch. Now I want to see him skate to this in Worlds Montreal gala, complete with the fall. 

Lol, that would be epic, yuzu skating to young Romeo including the fall :girlsigh:!!! Ahhhh I really thought we would get H&L for Worlds but now I have no idea! I know I’ll be dead anyway whatever he skates to! I’m still in shock about the privilege to watch Seimei and Ballade at Worlds!! :cri: 

Hace 1 hora, Crow said:

Yes, I think the future is definitely bright for Japans figure skating.
Yuzu is a beacon of light for all of us, inspiring us to be and do better in whatever we are doing! 

:iagree::img_21:

Hi! I just made an account here. Started loving Yuzu about a month ago, bought last minute tickets to worlds (could only afford men's free skate day asdjkasf), and oh god I'm in too deep. I've been lurking here for a while, but nice to meet you all! :wave:

Side note, does anyone happen to have a gif of the forward cross rolls in SEIMEI from PC or the delayed axel in Notte Stellata I could set as my profile pic? <3

2 minutes ago, azelais said:

Hi! I just made an account here. Started loving Yuzu about a month ago, bought last minute tickets to worlds (could only afford men's free skate day asdjkasf), and oh god I'm in too deep. I've been lurking here for a while, but nice to meet you all! :wave:

Side note, does anyone happen to have a gif of the forward cross rolls in SEIMEI from PC or the delayed axel in Notte Stellata I could set as my profile pic? <3

Welcome to the Planet! How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

1 minute ago, Geo1 said:

Welcome to the Planet! How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

I've been a very casual fan of figure skating for a long time, but mostly only women's singles. I grew up in an area with no rinks but I always wanted to learn to skate, so as soon as I moved to a bigger city with rinks I immediately enrolled in lessons. That led to me joining r/figureskating, which led to me seeing Yuzu skating, which led to Yuzu interviews, and now I'd die for this precious man :laughing: 

2 hours ago, azelais said:

Welcome to PH. I made the gif but not sure whether it's working.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hqy3tVYnNFOJzssrD4