General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Crow said:

I was wondering what you guys think will happen, Yuzu keeps getting asked if he is bringing the 4A to Worlds...wouldnt that be crazy? Like it is one of the most important tittles, right?Wouldn't it make more sense to trial a jump like that on a smaller event? I think he said he may bring it to worlds if its ready and he almost brought it to 4CC, or well, he would have liked to. I am just :smiley_hairpull:  Maybe he is more interested in landing the jump on a big competition than collecting more golds... I mean, he has plenty after all :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He'll bring to any comp when it's ready. But I don't think he can do it now. Did Yuzu say he hasn't landed it yet? That the wall between him and 4A is still high? I doubt he can land it in 1 month + add it to the layout, realistically. Rmb when he first landed 4Lo or 4Lz in comps we had seen many successful trials in practice of previous comps. 4A's difficulty is like >>>>>> both of them. Pushing it just raises risk of injury. Yuzu understands that better than anyone hence he didn't solely focus on landing 4A at Worlds and just said smt like "Let's see how it goes..."

Yeah, I'm skeptical about 4A at worlds this season. would be kind of amazing if he did it though

I kind of feel like he should focus on skating Chopin + Seimei clean with the 4Lz. Only do 4 quads in the FS and dare the judges to put him below Nathan just because he jumped one less quad when we see Jason going above skaters who jump like 3+ more quads than him.

4 minutes ago, monchan said:

He'll bring to any comp when it's ready. But I don't think he can do it now. Did Yuzu say he hasn't landed it yet? That the wall between him and 4A is still high? I doubt he can land it in 1 month + add it to the layout, realistically. Rmb when he first landed 4Lo or 4Lz in comps we had seen many successful trials in practice of previous comps. 4A's difficulty is like >>>>>> both of them. Pushing it just raises risk of injury. Yuzu understands that better than anyone hence he didn't solely focus on landing 4A at Worlds and just said smt like "Let's see how it goes..."

No, I agree completely, it seems like crazy talk to go from never seeing a successful landing, or even in private since he said he hasnt landed it yet, to asking if he will use it in worlds but maybe when they ask they mean practice only, you could be on the right track there. It just seems confusing the responses he gives, like he said he would have liked to bring it here or maybe ill bring it there if its ready blabla, probs mean in practice! I think I was probably getting confused by the translation or just my own head getting confused lol

20 minutes ago, Crow said:

I was wondering what you guys think will happen, Yuzu keeps getting asked if he is bringing the 4A to Worlds...wouldnt that be crazy? Like it is one of the most important tittles, right?Wouldn't it make more sense to trial a jump like that on a smaller event? I think he said he may bring it to worlds if its ready and he almost brought it to 4CC, or well, he would have liked to. I am just :smiley_hairpull:  Maybe he is more interested in landing the jump on a big competition than collecting more golds... I mean, he has plenty after all :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

For a "normal" world-level skater, certainly.

For Yuzuru Hanyu, I really don't know. He has his own "motivation boosts", I don't know how to express it, which are so powerful — and part of what make him directly enthralling. We could extend the wine metaphor. ;-)

2 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Yeah, I'm skeptical about 4A at worlds this season. would be kind of amazing if he did it though

I kind of feel like he should focus on skating Chopin + Seimei clean with the 4Lz. Only do 4 quads in the FS and dare the judges to put him below Nathan just because he jumped one less quad when we see Jason going above skaters who jump like 3+ more quads than him.

Yeah I agree, ofc. But like you know Yuzu is a bit unpredictable at times, but also very responsible and smart. 

Yes "only" 4 quads :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: We can only hope for fair judging, but yeah...Not holding my breath on that one.

I’m honestly very skeptical about how realistic it is to land 4A in competition in a month’s time when he said he hasn’t landed it yet in practice :/ I think he said he would hope to make an attempt but he doesn’t think he’ll land it successfully if I remembered correctly? (Someone correct me if I’m wrong haha)

Then again we never fully know what he’s thinking because he’s so enigmatic

2 minutes ago, Crow said:

No, I agree completely, it seems like crazy talk to go from never seeing a successful landing, or even in private since he said he hasnt landed it yet, to asking if he will use it in worlds but maybe when they ask they mean practice only, you could be on the right track there. It just seems confusing the responses he gives, like he said he would have liked to bring it here or maybe ill bring it there if its ready blabla, probs mean in practice! I think I was probably getting confused by the translation or just my own head getting confused lol

Yeah I think he intended to open practice 4A at 4CC, but had prob with 4Lz hence he gave up that idea. We might see his effort at Worlds like in GPF who knows, depending on his SP's result. 

9 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Only becuz Jason is American lol. They do dare to put him behind Nathan with 4 quads. They gave him 93PCs with 5 clean quads, NO fall/step out/hand down in GPF, Nathan got 95PCs. Judge's standard for you :darklordyuzu:

2 minutes ago, monchan said:

Only becuz Jason is American lol. They do dare to put him behind Nathan with 4 quads. They gave him 93PCs with 5 clean quads, NO fall/step out/hand down in GPF, Nathan got 95PCs. Judge's standard for you :darklordyuzu:

yeah, but I'd just like to see some commentators and fans try to argue out of the one side of their mouth that Nathan deserves to go higher than Yuzu because he did one more quad, while arguing out of the other side of their mouth that Jason deserves to go higher than Boyang/whoever because even though Boyang did 5 more quads Jason has superior artistry and skating skills:wut:

2 minutes ago, peach-blossom said:

So I rewatched some of Yuzu’s older programs, the ones from Nebelhorn 2011 and CoR 2011 and the main thing that struck me was...

Some of the stands were empty.

That’s so funny, looking back at it now because literally any comp Yuzu attends gets sold out😂

(is it a sign of what’ll happen when he retires👀👀 serves ISU right)

I love reading the comments from some of the really old videos. (Usually reading youtube comments is not advised, but these tend to be good.)

for instance, from 8 years ago

He is great! Everyone in the senior devision better watch out!

9 minutes ago, shanshani said:

yeah, but I'd just like to see some commentators and fans try to argue out of the one side of their mouth that Nathan deserves to go higher than Yuzu because he did one more quad, while arguing out of the other side of their mouth that Jason deserves to go higher than Boyang/whoever because even though Boyang did 5 more quads Jason has superior artistry and skating skills:wut:

Whatever narrative can flow thru their mouths. Before they defended Evan Lysacek's title saying "Quad is not everything", now they got Nathan look how quickly they come up with new narrative :embSwan:

30 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I love reading the comments from some of the really old videos. (Usually reading youtube comments is not advised, but these tend to be good.)

for instance, from 8 years ago

My personal favourite with regards to comments that have aged well is, “He’s gonna be a real contender for gold at the Olympics! He might not win at Sochi, but the next one will definitely be his!”😂😂