General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Ahh so she’s Yuzuru’s very first coach?? 
I can’t imagine how it feels to see the kid who couldn’t even balance on ice yet back then... become a two-time Olympic champion two decades later and know that you were the one who started his journey 😱

must feel incredible haha

My friend who used to live in Sendai said that her friend there once took group skating lessons with Yuzu when she was 5-6 and he was 4. She said Yuzu was the only boy in the class full of little girls, but the teacher was so obsessed with bb Yuzu that she basically neglected all the girls. And whatever bb Yuzu did was met with praise and whatever she did was wrong. She did not enjoy the class, so she quit skating :laughing: I wonder if it was the same coach? 

5 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

He seems to have had a very good balance from the beginning?

Oh I mean like... the very very first time he stepped on the ice HAHA

unless he could skate right from the very moment he first stepped onto the ice 😱

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

My friend who used to live in Sendai said that her friend there once took group skating lessons with Yuzu when she was 5-6 and he was 4. She said Yuzu was the only boy in the class full of little girls, but the teacher was so obsessed with bb Yuzu that she basically neglected all the girls. And whatever bb Yuzu did was met with praise and whatever she did was wrong. She did not enjoy the class, so she quit skating :laughing: I wonder if it was the same coach? 

Wow she must have seen his talent right from the beginning then? 

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The one with the kid asking when he'll marry was in 2016 and it actually always makes me cringe. It was right after tabloids ran a story that supposedly Yuzu was going to marry a former classmate and it seems the rumor spread so much even kids heard about it and asked him about it... or at least I think the timing of that question at that time is too on point to be a coincidence. Yuzu was really mad about that rumor and it upset him a lot, so any reminder of it is :dislike: for me.

I remember the whole bad rumour thing about Yuzu marrying his former classmate. If I recall correctly, Yuzu apologized for any embarrassment that may have been caused by this rumour, even though he was absolutely faultless.

I also remember this video and thinking no wonder Yuzu is giving such a quick, abrupt, no-nonsense, absolutely definitive answer to the girl’s question! The rumour was obviously weighing heavily on his mind.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I remember the whole bad rumour thing about Yuzu marrying his former classmate. If I recall correctly, Yuzu apologized for any embarrassment that may have been caused by this rumour, even though he was absolutely faultless.

I also remember this video and thinking no wonder Yuzu is giving such a quick, abrupt, no-nonsense, absolutely definitive answer to the girl’s question! The rumour was obviously weighing heavily on his mind.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the girl he was rumoured to marry was also affected, whether followed by the tabloids or by overzealous fans, I'm not sure, which is what made this particular thing worse. I'm guessing as long as it only affects himself, Yuzu can probably shrug off a lot of stuff, more or less easily, but when it starts affecting other people... There was also a press conference for one of the ice shows he did that January and he was asked about it (I remember someone saying it was actually Nobu who asked, to give him an opportunity to clear things up, but again, not sure; maybe I'll search for some of those videos later) and from the way he answered, it was obvious how upset he was about it. So yes, while I think he did try to add a funny twist to it, because it was definitely not the kid's fault, that's not the tone he usually uses when talking to kids. He's usually very soft and calm when talking to kids. But it was still entirely appropriate and that many people find it fun/funny shows he did manage with the light-hearted twist.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the girl he was rumoured to marry was also affected, whether followed by the tabloids or by overzealous fans, I'm not sure, which is what made this particular thing worse. I'm guessing as long as it only affects himself, Yuzu can probably shrug off a lot of stuff, more or less easily, but when it starts affecting other people... There was also a press conference for one of the ice shows he did that January and he was asked about it (I remember someone saying it was actually Nobu who asked, to give him an opportunity to clear things up, but again, not sure; maybe I'll search for some of those videos later) and from the way he answered, it was obvious how upset he was about it. So yes, while I think he did try to add a funny twist to it, because it was definitely not the kid's fault, that's not the tone he usually uses when talking to kids. He's usually very soft and calm when talking to kids. But it was still entirely appropriate and that many people find it fun/funny shows he did manage with the light-hearted twist.

This rumour was started by Josei Seven - that most horrible gossip magazine "for women" (ugh) - so please avoid this magazine.   Their reporters went as far as interviewing former high school classmates who indicated that "Ms A" and Hanyu had been classmates and they were very friendly with each other (since Yuzu actually had very few close friends at school). Apparently, she would call him "Yuzuru" (which is quite intimate) when everyone else called him "Yuzu" (nickname) - a very thin piece of evidence.  The magazine went as far as suggesting that they had "hot trysts" during the spring of 2015 and that summer they had become betrothed.  Some fanciful imagination of an overheated brain of a journalist desperate for sales, but it made the story appear "true" because of all these alleged details that turned out to be a complete fabrication, as we all know.  It caused a lot of stress for Ms A who had to deal with the tabloid press - as bad as the British tabloids.    I believe some of their reporters were also among those who hung around Sendai looking for "scoops" (worse than J**k G).  This is one of the few times Hanyu really showed his anger openly - e.g., being very curt at the throng of journalists who caught him getting on Shinkansen.   Since that time, the tabloids appear to be leaving him alone - treating him more like they treat the imperial family - off limits from the usual idol (and idle) gossips.

Apparently Elvis Stojko is a co-host to the Worlds “awards show” and also a “judge” for the awards.... What of skaters who can express both masculine and feminine styles, or neither? It seems to be a rigid view, in a sport that is also about artistry (and one function of art traditionally is of course to explore and  challenge rigidly held societal views and “norms”). Maybe it’s a message from ISU about the direction they see men’s skating heading. Whatever, it does nothing to quash my unease about this awards ceremony....

ugh found another tweet about it - 

Weeps 

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

This rumour was started by Josei Seven - that most horrible gossip magazine "for women" (ugh) - so please avoid this magazine.   Their reporters went as far as interviewing former high school classmates who indicated that "Ms A" and Hanyu had been classmates and they were very friendly with each other (since Yuzu actually had very few close friends at school). Apparently, she would call him "Yuzuru" (which is quite intimate) when everyone else called him "Yuzu" (nickname) - a very thin piece of evidence.  The magazine went as far as suggesting that they had "hot trysts" during the spring of 2015 and that summer they had become betrothed.  Some fanciful imagination of an overheated brain of a journalist desperate for sales, but it made the story appear "true" because of all these alleged details that turned out to be a complete fabrication, as we all know.  It caused a lot of stress for Ms A who had to deal with the tabloid press - as bad as the British tabloids.    I believe some of their reporters were also among those who hung around Sendai looking for "scoops" (worse than J**k G).  This is one of the few times Hanyu really showed his anger openly - e.g., being very curt at the throng of journalists who caught him getting on Shinkansen.   Since that time, the tabloids appear to be leaving him alone - treating him more like they treat the imperial family - off limits from the usual idol (and idle) gossips.

I think it's kinda underestimated how much of normal life has been deprived of from Yuzu after he became famous. This is just ONE example of exaggeration/distortion to the extent it became a false rumor that even reached him. And this is even before PC. Hope that these shitty tabloids have learned some manners now.

Still sad thinking of how he never registered for fame from the start, just wanted to do best in his field, yet it can't be helped the closer he gets to his dream, the more personal happiness is taken from him.

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Abt the post above! Don't worry, Elvis, nobody ever considered you a beautiful skater ... ugh ... :smiley-sick006:

:darklordyuzu:

I think it is a fair point that anything delicate and soft doesn't mean homosexuality (lol!), now setting that obvious point aside everything he said was tinted with homophobia and was complete garbage.

"Johnny Weir's thing" Why is this guy getting interviewed, just crawl back to the cave you came out of, it is 2020! Get with the times.

I was wondering what you guys think will happen, Yuzu keeps getting asked if he is bringing the 4A to Worlds...wouldnt that be crazy? Like it is one of the most important tittles, right?Wouldn't it make more sense to trial a jump like that on a smaller event? I think he said he may bring it to worlds if its ready and he almost brought it to 4CC, or well, he would have liked to. I am just :smiley_hairpull:  Maybe he is more interested in landing the jump on a big competition than collecting more golds... I mean, he has plenty after all :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: