General Yuzuru Chat

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love his attempt at pronouncing the French 'Ghislain' ...so cute. 

Also speaking of the name Ghislain...

Spoiler

...I was idly searching for the given name Ghislain on Wikipedia, wondering if I would come across something interesting. Turns out that the namesake saint (St. Ghislain) is often portrayed in catholic iconography with a bear/bear cub by his side...and we here on the Planet (and anywhere else...where fanyus gather :coolio:) often called Ghislain papa bear! 🐻

I mean... WHAT ARE THE CHANCES

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Ghislain

@Veveco as a non-native french speaker 😅😅🙈 I sometimes pronounce his name with a hard G 😅, but never with a silent s, with either version of the G pronunciation 😅🙈 though again, always ending it with the nasal N in either pronunciation case.

Now I am not so sure why I share this, considering that it might just be another moot point anyway 😅😫🙈 (mon français est très cassé, hein! 😫😫)

22 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

She is Mami Yamada who taughed Yuzu when he first started skating at the age of 4.

She still works as a coach, in Hokkaido. She was in the 24h TV last year, here's a clip with her and Yuzu:

Was it this same day that one of the kids asked Yuzu about when will he get married and he was having none of it hahaha I remember that cracked me up :LOL:

The one with the kid asking when he'll marry was in 2016 and it actually always makes me cringe. It was right after tabloids ran a story that supposedly Yuzu was going to marry a former classmate and it seems the rumor spread so much even kids heard about it and asked him about it... or at least I think the timing of that question at that time is too on point to be a coincidence. Yuzu was really mad about that rumor and it upset him a lot, so any reminder of it is :dislike: for me.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

She is Mami Yamada who taughed Yuzu when he first started skating at the age of 4.

She still works as a coach, in Hokkaido. She was in the 24h TV last year, here's a clip with her and Yuzu:

Ahh so she’s Yuzuru’s very first coach?? 
I can’t imagine how it feels to see the kid who couldn’t even balance on ice yet back then... become a two-time Olympic champion two decades later and know that you were the one who started his journey 😱

must feel incredible haha