General Yuzuru Chat

The thing that irritated me was Boitanos disingenuous attitude towards 4A - he doesn’t know what Yuzuru Hanyus 3A looks like ...... reeeaaallly - so how is he qualified to comment on the likelihood of 4A being jumped if he hasn’t seen the top 3 performances from the last 10 years worth of OG and WC and GPF, most of which YH featured in ?  And he thinks 4A will become widespread in the near future , when most women and a lot of men can’t jump 3A consistently?   🤔🧐

41 minutes ago, monchan said:

Orser was a 2-time Olympic silver medalist, but after 30 years, his student took back 2 OGMs, one by one. What a bad ass revenge from Orser, must be very satisfied his student did him justice in the end! :knc_brian1:

Exactly! :knc_brian2:

8 minutes ago, shanshani said:

sad that you can just say that and it's enough of an explanation

:animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012:

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Happy 2nd anniversary of Yuzu skating to the best free skate ever at the Olympics level and winning his second Olympic gold medal  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

The 17th was a beautiful sunny and quite warm day in Gangneung with barely any clouds on the sky, it only started to get much colder when the sun went down and we headed to PyeongChang for the medal ceremony. I remember my fingers were freezing while we were waiting there but every second was worth it. <3  

I will never forget those moments and feelings when Yuzu stepped on the podium and got his gold medal, and after that the anthem was played for him. :cry:

Mine will arrive in a week or so. I can't wait for it.

Yes! It was insane how much colder it got when you got to Pyeongchang vs. Gangneung. I remember we had to take the train to PC and then wait for the shuttles headed to medals plaza. That's where it was cooold. And then as the sun set it got even colder!!  And then traffic SUCKED trying to get us there but I remember not totally freaking out because if we were stuck in it, they were too. And the ceremony was delayed a touch because of the traffic I remember. 

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

The thing that irritated me was Boitanos disingenuous attitude towards 4A - he doesn’t know what Yuzuru Hanyus 3A looks like ...... reeeaaallly - so how is he qualified to comment on the likelihood of 4A being jumped if he hasn’t seen the top 3 performances from the last 10 years worth of OG and WC and GPF, most of which YH featured in ?  And he thinks 4A will become widespread in the near future , when most women and a lot of men can’t jump 3A consistently?   🤔🧐

The fact that no one has ever landed even just an UR 4A, even only in practice, speaks VOLUMES about its difficulty. I'm quite confident Yuzu is the only one right now that has a possibility with it and if he can do it, that achievement can last as long as his 2 OGMs. Boitano is just bitter as an American, nothing a surprise here.

Boitano was never the sharpest tool in the shed but this sounds so dumb. 

Well, but for example, in Nathans interview he has nothing but nice things to say about Yuzu and he wasnt arrogant at all. You can argue he is PR trained but the fact is he was really sweet in the interview with Olympic Channel Podcast.

Yeah, that was one of the things. He was asked about if he thought Yuzu could do de 4A and he was like "I dont know if it is realistic for him...but I know lots of other guys def can and will!" Like shut up... He also asked about his age like a little shady mug. The same attitude permeated the interview, very miserly about anything he had to say about Yuzuru. Im sure if he could have denied Yuzu double Olympic gold he would have :3:

But like @Vulnavia said 

88fe77bb5cb00dfa29038a6754e9e5c0031e106b

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Boitano was never the sharpest tool in the shed but this sounds so dumb. 

Not really about being dumb, just clearly had an agenda for what he wanted to say, didnt want to hand out too many compliments to the "opposition" . Shameful attitude if you ask me.

Happy 2xOGM anniversary to Yuzu and to all the Planet! :smiley-happy093:

I've re-read a bit the Oly thread today, gosh everything is still so vivid! When have two years passed?

That day was historical but LOOK AT YUZU NOW, HOW MUCH FURTHER HE'S STILL GOING! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yuzu, you are certainly not a fossil! You are the most amazing (and still kicking hard)GOAT!:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

7 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Got my Music with Wings programme today 😃! Very pretty purple cover with gold writing/trim and a small gold feather on the back. Lots of "historical" pics of Yuzu---what a cute kid---and beautiful grown-up ones as always! Anyone else received theirs?

Mine has been shipped, I will be obsessively checking the tracking for the next few(or many) days...

After watching MwW I am twice happy that I got to support them buying the programme! Forever grateful that the option for international shipping was already integrated in the website, I had never used proxy so it felt much less scary than it would have otherwise 😅

3 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Plus Yuna's 2010 gold - he got 3 golds in the row :) And bonus (but not less important) Javi's bronze. Moreover: all those medals are for skaters who are from outside of well-established political forces in figure skating. Pure, undeniable victories over all demons. 

This is so true! And all of them had extraordinary talent (after all, without extraordinary talent no way they would have been able to break in the big3 dominion), but they were also nurtured in a good environment. Brian(&team) can be truly proud!:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

And yeah, the poetic revenge for those missed OGM must have made the achievements of his skaters even sweeter...