General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Crow said:

This is out of nowhere, but! I was listening to the interview with Brian Boitano on the Olympic Channel Podcast speaking about Yuzu and he really is rubbing me the wrong way! :judgmental:

I haven't listened but I believe Boitano is still fairly active in doing stuff with USFS, so him saying questionable things about Yuzu isn't too surprising. Try not to let it ruin your OGMiversary.

88fe77bb5cb00dfa29038a6754e9e5c0031e106b

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Word of advice - take that particular translator's work with a grain of salt. 

Yeah I've heard that a few times so I was searching for more translations but at the time they were not up yet and I got impatient :13877886:

Now that I've seen other people's discussions on the word choice and its implications I think it makes more sense too.

Now I can celebrate Yuzu's PC Olympic gold medal in peace haha.

I just re-watched PC's victory and medal ceremonies and realize the feeling of that day still lingers in my heart. Like Yuzu said after winning PC, this kind of happiness will STAY and LAST and inspire ppl for a long long time. I felt a bit regret for missing Sochi but now feel so honored to survive PC and experience those unforgettable feelings myself. Now I recall it's still impossible to put into words my emotion thru the whole thing then. Just felt unreal/frozen/shaken all at the same time? I was sleepless before his SP and FS, but it all paid off I have absolutely no regret. It's good Olympic just happens every 4 years (that's why it's special!), otherwise I don't think I can survive this kind of heart attack :embSwan:. I still don't know how to cope with it if he actually goes to Beijing thou lol  :dpooh:

1 hour ago, Vulnavia said:

I haven't listened but I believe Boitano is still fairly active in doing stuff with USFS, so him saying questionable things about Yuzu isn't too surprising. Try not to let it ruin your OGMiversary.

88fe77bb5cb00dfa29038a6754e9e5c0031e106b

Good point and nice gif :67573730:

This was a day where I learned for a fact that being in a complete state of euphoria allows you to endure things you would otherwise find torturous.  I remember heading toward the medals plaza from Gangneung Ice Arena and saying "What a glorious day!"  It wasn't that glorious, we were freezing our asses off! And it was a TREK to get from the arena to the plaza, but   @kiches, myself, and others were in full YOLO mode and just so darn happy that we did it with a smile.  I remember my fingers should have been freezing when I was trying to film the medal ceremony, but I was just too happy to feel it.  What a glorious day, indeed!!  I wish I could bottle it up and sell it!! "Natural High" come get it while it's hot! 

14 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzuru Hanyu, one (1) minute after retirement: HE'S WAVING HIS ARMS AROUND TO FOOL YOU INTO THINKING HIS FEET ARE DOING SOMETHING. BUT IS THERE A PROGRAM THERE? NO. WHY ARE THESE LITTLE GIRLS SKATING TO PROSTITUTE SONGS? SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE, I'D LIKE TO REPORT SOME MISSING GOE. THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF TRANSITIONS IN SEARCH OF A POINT. YOU'RE SKATING TO LES MISERABLES WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LE MISERABLE? THAT SPIN TRAVELLED SO FAR I HOPE THEY FLEW ANA. THE POINT OF A JUMP IS TO DO IT IN THE AIR, OTHERWISE IT'S A SPIN. HEY USFSA ARE YOU THE PIXAR MOVIE 'UP' BECAUSE YOU SURE ARE FOND OF INFLATING THINGS

Don't forget some scathing or gushing (there's never a middle ground) remarks about free legs in layback spins. For true Dick Button style. 

Happy 2nd anniversary of Yuzu skating to the best free skate ever at the Olympics level and winning his second Olympic gold medal  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

4 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

This was a day where I learned for a fact that being in a complete state of euphoria allows you to endure things you would otherwise find torturous.  I remember heading toward the medals plaza from Gangneung Ice Arena and saying "What a glorious day!"  It wasn't that glorious, we were freezing our asses off! And it was a TREK to get from the arena to the plaza, but   @kiches, myself, and others were in full YOLO mode and just so darn happy that we did it with a smile.  I remember my fingers should have been freezing when I was trying to film the medal ceremony, but I was just too happy to feel it.  What a glorious day, indeed!!  I wish I could bottle it up and sell it!! "Natural High" come get it while it's hot! 

The 17th was a beautiful sunny and quite warm day in Gangneung with barely any clouds on the sky, it only started to get much colder when the sun went down and we headed to PyeongChang for the medal ceremony. I remember my fingers were freezing while we were waiting there but every second was worth it. <3  

I will never forget those moments and feelings when Yuzu stepped on the podium and got his gold medal, and after that the anthem was played for him. :cry:

28 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

Got my Music with Wings programme today 😃! Very pretty purple cover with gold writing/trim and a small gold feather on the back. Anyone else received theirs?

Mine will arrive in a week or so. I can't wait for it.

5 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...he's the losing Brian now... :knc_brian1:

...didn't he know that it's the long game that counts... :knc_brian2:

Orser was a 2-time Olympic silver medalist, but after 30 years, his student took back 2 OGMs, one by one. What a badass revenge from Orser, must be very satisfied his student did him justice in the end! :knc_brian1:

4 minutes ago, monchan said:

Orser was a 2-time Olympic silver medalist, after 30 years, his student took back 2 OGMs, one by one. What a bad ass revenge from Orser, must be very satisfied his student did him justice in the end! :knc_brian1:

Plus Yuna's 2010 gold - he got 3 golds in the row :) And bonus (but not less important) Javi's bronze. Moreover: all those medals are for skaters who are from outside of well-established political forces in figure skating. Pure, undeniable victories over all demons.