General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzuru Hanyu, one (1) minute after retirement: HE'S WAVING HIS ARMS AROUND TO FOOL YOU INTO THINKING HIS FEET ARE DOING SOMETHING. BUT IS THERE A PROGRAM THERE? NO. WHY ARE THESE LITTLE GIRLS SKATING TO PROSTITUTE SONGS? SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE, I'D LIKE TO REPORT SOME MISSING GOE. THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF TRANSITIONS IN SEARCH OF A POINT. YOU'RE SKATING TO LES MISERABLES WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LE MISERABLE? THAT SPIN TRAVELLED SO FAR I HOPE THEY FLEW ANA. THE POINT OF A JUMP IS TO DO IT IN THE AIR, OTHERWISE IT'S A SPIN. HEY USFSA ARE YOU THE PIXAR MOVIE 'UP' BECAUSE YOU SURE ARE FOND OF INFLATING THINGS

I wish I can click the "Like" button more than once.

Celebration of the second OGM anniversary, from the calligrapher fanyu koho.  This time, with the term 躍進 = YakuShin = Breakthrough (literally "dancing forward").

Thanking Hanyu-senshu for giving courage and sharing moving moments, and wishing from the bottom of his/her heart for Hanyu-senshu to be true to Hanyu-senshu and to continue making breakthroughs (yakushin).

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No. I tried Google Translate and it says the same thing -  'assess the physical damage' but doesn't indicate to what he's referring. Based on context, I'd take it as more of a general, 'see how I feel', kind of comment, not anything serious.

11 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu used word 'ダメージ (damage)' but he did not say '怪我' (injury). In this context, he meant 'fatigue' from competition/travelling/etc. Just think in combat type of games, when you get hit, it shows -1000 points or something.  :ugly004: Your HP (health point) gets reduced (receive damage) but HP will recover after you have a rest. :big-bed-smiley: So there's nothing to worry about. :10742288:

Thank you all for your inputs, I feel more at ease now.

I was getting a bit worried but the tone sounded nonchalant so I just wanted to make sure. I'm so sensitive when these words are uttered around/about Yuzu :59227c768286a__s:

2 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Thank you all for your inputs, I feel more at ease now.

I was getting a bit worried but the tone sounded nonchalant so I just wanted to make sure. I'm so sensitive when these words are uttered around/about Yuzu :59227c768286a__s:

Word of advice - take that particular translator's work with a grain of salt.