General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My guess is a large part of Yuzu's beautiful skin is due to his healthy diet, constant exercise, and getting enough sleep. Lifestyle makes a huge difference to your skin. Don't need to use skincare if your skin is nourished from within

Plus keeping hydrated (which I consider part of a healthy diet since water is the 6th nutrient) and no sun. Sun destroys skin so bad so I'm sure the fact that he's indoors so much has helped. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Really? I never knew that...never would have guessed such a thing...the wonders of the human body! 

early medical books were often written in German.  Germany has an actual compedium of herbal medicine, diagnosis and remedies(doseages and applications).  Also, Germany is cutting edge research and application for cancer therapies: which is why many patients will seek care there.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sorry, but in cancer care it goes the other way - clinicians are reluctant and slow to adopt the latest proven research in many cases, and even if they do adopt it, knowledge is slow to trickle out into the wider medical community. 

Wildly off topic so will reply in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

As a clinician, I'd say part of the reason we're slower to adopt new research is that there have definitely been cases in the past where the latest and greatest thing turned out to be ineffective or even harmful. (As an obstetrician, thalidomide is the first thing to come to mind. Maybe Makena with the latest research as well, for a more modern example.) As a result, many of us tend to use things that have been on the market longer so that the effects can be more well-established.. after all, phase 4 of clinical trials is post-marketing surveillance.

But there are also times where as a physician still fairly fresh out of training, I see what other docs are doing and think to myself "that hasn't been the recommendation for around ten years now..." so it's always a struggle to find that balance.

...Anyways, here's to 100K posts in the main forum! :clapclap4:

32 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Love this post: alpha dominant Yuzu!

He obviously is. I mean dominant, not domineering, which many people tend to mingle. Protective, supportive, and just glorious.

We see him more "cute" than "in charge" because he is a "late maturing man" (though in many respects, he was always much wiser than most boys of same age) and we have seen a child, then a teenager, only now he is becoming (or has just become) a man. Take your sunglasses, guys, we must adapt. ;-)

41 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

early medical books were often written in German.  Germany has an actual compedium of herbal medicine, diagnosis and remedies(doseages and applications).  Also, Germany is cutting edge research and application for cancer therapies: which is why many patients will seek care there.

Yes indeed! 

speaking of medical therapies in cancer care. 

Chinese doctors in Mainland China were the first to use arsenic containing protocol to treat acute promyelocytic leukemia(APL) patients. 

When the results were published, others scoffed at arsenic treatment and the medical community raised collective eyebrows, and gave side eye. 

Now, it is the mainstay for Lo-Coco protocol for many APL patients.

I remember because it came into use in the early 2000's.  Now, I look after many patients on arsenic treatments as part of my  work

Interestingly, we use thalidomide and lenalidomide now in graft vs host disease and in the treatment of multiple myeloma.  But the price hike after its new application from harmful antiemetic for pregnancy to other therapies is a whole other story!!

24 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

He obviously is. I mean dominant, not domineering, which many people tend to mingle. Protective, supportive, and just glorious.

We see him more "cute" than "in charge" because he is a "late maturing man" (though in many respects, he was always much wiser than most boys of same age) and we have seen a child, then a teenager, only now he is becoming (or has just become) a man. Take your sunglasses, guys, we must adapt. ;-)

For all his cuteness and sweetness, I've never really seen him as anything other than this type of 'in-charge'  person. Now it's becoming more apparent because of his age, but it was always there.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For all his cuteness and sweetness, I've never really seen him as anything other than this type of person. Now it's becoming more apparent.

Yuzu is extraordinarily intelligent and prescient in how he views the direction of figure skating sport.  He is not only physically gifted but he has the heart, mind, and soul of a champion!!:1497158260_5GOE: