General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Umebachi said:

Also, sometimes people with asthma have more elastic skin - because during embryonic development the skin cells and internal lining of the lungs emerge from closely related stem cells.  When I had asthma as a child, a German doctor prescribed dry towel massage to strengthen and stimulate my outer skin - which, he said, will also strengthen the lining of my lungs.   At age 60, I am still blessed with soft elastic skin, but live in constant fear of another asthmatic attack...  

Really? I never knew that...never would have guessed such a thing...the wonders of the human body! 

18 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Maybe no skincare is Yuzu's skincare lol I don't use much in the way of skincare products either. I use a light peeling or moisturizer if it feels necessary and last Summer I did use a Sekkisei UV protection lotion, but to be honest, most times when I use stuff like this, I end up breaking out in zits. I also rarely use makeup and never foundation or powder or so. So I think my skin just isn't used to the chemicals of skincare products. As such, I think it generally looks better without any, though not as perfect as Yuzu's and it has ups and downs (there are days where it gets fat and days when it gets dry, but most of the time it's quite ok, I think... or at least I'm ok with it lol). But if Yuzu never really uses much either, that's possibly why his skin looks so good. People put too much stuff on their faces nowadays, I think...

Anything on my face makes it feel like it's suffocating.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Really? I never knew that...never would have guessed such a thing...the wonders of the human body! 

My German doctor was ahead of his times.  These days, we have much better understanding of developmental biology and how the different parts of body are closely inter-related and this is changing how we examine the body (speaking as a biochemist/molecular biologist).  Medical science is advancing but medical practice is lagging...  To give another example:  our pelvis is also closely linked to our jaws and imbalances in one will be reflected in similar imbalances in the other.  The relatively new practice of Somatics draws upon this new knowledge. 

To bring it back to topic, Yuzu should be aware of these new developments in biomedical sciences as a student of Human Sciences at Waseda U.  They have quite an advanced program on these subjects as well as progressive professors.  It will be interesting to see what papers/articles Yuzu will write in the next stages of his life! 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My guess is a large part of Yuzu's beautiful skin is due to his healthy diet, constant exercise, and getting enough sleep. Lifestyle makes a huge difference to your skin. Don't need to use skincare if your skin is nourished from within

Also genetics determine a lot of aspects of ones skin. He is truly blessed in all senses :8232307:

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Cartoon for Music with Wings!   The artist has a great sense of humour.

Trans: 

Haru-chan "uzu-uzu" (wriggle wriggle) hey, hey, when is it Haru's turn?... oh now! "chiiiin" (tiiing)

Seimei "Pyuoooo" on the Japanese flute

Chopin pianist (with Pooh on his head playing the castanet "shaka-shaka") is playing Ballade #1

Origin:  "Can't play so he's doing air-violin"

Toshl:  "Extremely beautiful voice"

Conductor cat:  "Noo...the meaning of conducting is..."

Hope&Legacy (sitting in the audience):  Non-harmonious sound...  (holding Ghana hot chocolate with the rabbit on his head)

This is amazing! Thank you ;)

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I see this almost daily in my workplace. There's definitely a conflict between research and practice.

(Out of topic)

A striking example of this despise of theoricians towards purely clinical research, is the Dr Bouchardat (who was MD and doctor in pharmacy, and head of the pharmacy department of one of the two main French hospitals, president of the Imperial Academy of Medicine) diet against diabetes, he published his works in 1875 after 40 years of purely clinical research, showing type II diabetes could be cured by some weeks or months of a specific diet, while theoricians were debating about an "all milk" or an "all potatoes" diet to slow down diabetes. These years "official" research discovers the accuracy of each and every of his commendations, but still there is no modern clinical survey of what his diet can bring people with type 2 diabetes. After all he was just a clinician? Who cares about clinicians? Molière was already furious about this attitude (which killed so many in his time) and I am much less gifted than him. Sorry for the rant.

I am partway into MwW and I'm enjoying it SO MUCH. Great arrangements, great performers, and the whole concept of celebrating and appreciating the music is so perfectly in line with Yuzu's priorities as a performer and an artist. I'm also surprised to be discovering a new appreciation for programs of Yuzu's that I maybe didn't care as much for before. NDP isn't his best free, but this performance made me really emotional and I wasn't expecting it!

8 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

(Out of topic)

A striking example of this despise of theoricians towards purely clinical research, is the Dr Bouchardat (who was MD and doctor in pharmacy, and head of the pharmacy department of one of the two main French hospitals, president of the Imperial Academy of Medicine) diet against diabetes, he published his works in 1875 after 40 years of purely clinical research, showing type II diabetes could be cured by some weeks or months of a specific diet, while theoricians were debating about an "all milk" or an "all potatoes" diet to slow down diabetes. These years "official" research discovers the accuracy of each and every of his commendations, but still there is no modern clinical survey of what his diet can bring people with type 2 diabetes. After all he was just a clinician? Who cares about clinicians? Molière was already furious about this attitude (which killed so many in his time) and I am much less gifted than him. Sorry for the rant.

Sorry, but in cancer care it goes the other way - clinicians are reluctant and slow to adopt the latest proven research in many cases, and even if they do adopt it, knowledge is slow to trickle out into the wider medical community.