General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

:loveshower::img_20:Happy Valentines Day and sixth anniversary to this happy couple!:img_20::loveshower:

e1590b297aed7a5a11f36dde518ce724_crop_no

x

And this happy couple too.:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

tumblr_povfw2A0Bu1ssw4g4_500.gifv

x

I hope he takes out his Sochi medal for a date with ice chan❤️

On 2/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, Paskud said:

Yes, exactly! This month we have anniversary of both Yuzuru's gold medals.

And here goes the greatest olympic moment!

The fall at 0:28 in this video and the one after his gala performance at 4CC :darklordyuzu:

I just finished watching the 2017 movie “Darkest Hour” starring Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill.

Winston Churchill’s quote that appears at the end of the movie is apropos to Yuzuru Hanyu.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”

17 minutes ago, memae said:

Ugh, splitting it into 2 events isn't going to fix this, ISU! Separate the judges. Tech judges and PCS judges so they can focus on one thing and not get too influenced by what they see in the other area (e.g.: consistent quads giving boosts to PCS the way it's currently happening). 

We have a separate thread for that discussion :)

Here:

13 minutes ago, Ager said:

Hi, question - when he was asked about possible tributes in the future he mentioned Winter and it is obvious Yagudin's program but can you tell me whom he meant by Don Quixote? Havi?  or someone else?

It was a mistake on the translator's part. Yuzu said he did think, in the past, about doing programs like Winter and Don Quixote - implying they'd be tributes, and I don't know if any other skaters Yuzu looks up to, other than Javi, have done programs related to Don Quixote - and while for Winter, he clearly said he thought of it as a child, Don Quixote was left somewhat vague - it might have been also as a child, or a more recent thing. But either way, he made it clear these thoughts were in the past. The translator did say in the future, though, and that was perhaps the biggest mistake in that press conference. Personally, I doubt he will be doing any tributes again any time soon, considering how Otonal and Origin went.