General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Jordan aka On Ice Perspective uploaded on his IG another great version of Yuzu's Parisienne Walkways practise from Skate Canada. Second part this time. Let's give it some views and likes it deserves :)

Part 2 of 3. 

There's one more hidden treasure to look forward to. 

30 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Jordan aka On Ice Perspective uploaded on his IG another great version of Yuzu's Parisienne Walkways practise from Skate Canada. Second part this time. Let's give it some views and likes it deserves :)

Every time I watch this, I'm more and more convinced that you can just catch a glimpse of Yuzu smirking right before he shoots in the other direction and Jordan has to chase after him. Am I the only one who sees this?

22 minutes ago, memae said:

Every time I watch this, I'm more and more convinced that you can just catch a glimpse of Yuzu smirking right before he shoots in the other direction and Jordan has to chase after him. Am I the only one who sees this?

I’m more fascinated by how many people are watching and observing by the side (I see at least Piper and Paul). It’s like you know you’re witnessing greatness. Pretty similar to how Yuma stopped to watch Yuzu’s RT during one of the practices at 4CC. That would pretty much be my reaction if I was a rival skater; absorb and learn as much as you can

24 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Why the other on ice perspective video of Yuzu posted on Nov has so little views?less than 100k but has the most comments.Other skaters video even recent one had more than 100k views

Probably becuase the other videos were reposted by some big official accounts (like IGs of skaters that appeared on them, Feds accounts etc). Yuzu's  OIP videos have been reposted only by fans' accounts and oc not by himself :) But they are also spread on Twitter etc, so those numbers of views do not show all the follow-up. Also, when he published it for the first time the numbers were huge, but then he had to take it off due some legal issues. 

5 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I have no idea how Jordan kept up with him. 

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Well, I don't know how it will interfere, but the great organizer of the opening and closing ceremonies is Mansai Nomura, aka Abe no Seimei in Onmyoji, whom Yuzuru Hanyu consulted to understand the part before skating his Seimei program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansai_Nomura

Nomura-san was asked about this but he just kinda laughed it off. Tbf it was months and he probably didn't want to commit himself without knowing Yuzuru's availability or interest.

But I would be very surprised if Yuzuru wasn't asked to participate in some way given his popularity and given the way Yuzuru totally fan boyed over Nomura-san I think he would find it very hard to say no to anything his idol asked of him.photo_4.jpg

J*ckie has his flaws but this tweet exactly shows Yuzu's greatness. Whenever I hear some music which is overused in skating I'm like 'uhmmm again, please save me' (even if the music is not bad). But this peace can only bring chills based on immidiate associations with witnessing masterpiece and deep breathtaking art experience, no matter how many time it has been seen/heard.

Edit: One more comment towards recycling discussion - no matter how many times Yuzu will repeat this program, when he skates it like he did at 4CC I'm gonna rewatch it another 1000 times and for sure I'm not alone in this house :) Never enough.

4 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Why the other on ice perspective video of Yuzu posted on Nov has so little views?less than 100k but has the most comments.Other skaters video even recent one had more than 100k views

I guess the earlier video had been made private for a while. Wasn't it taken down once, shortly after Skate Canada? Then TV Asahi started showing it on their web site for a limited time. Now the site on which Asahi was showing the video has been deleted and the video can be seen on OIP's account again probably because the contract between Jordan and Asahi has expired. I think this can explain the difference in the number of views.

9 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I guess the earlier video had been made private for a while. Wasn't it taken down once, shortly after Skate Canada? Then TV Asahi started showing it on their web site for a limited time. Now the site on which Asahi was showing the video has been deleted and the video can be seen on OIP's account again probably because the contract between Jordan and Asahi has expired. I think this can explain the difference in the number of views.

Oh yeah now i remember the asahi one has like 1 million views..i didn't know that its was taken down before

6 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I was watching that, sir. Dont cut it :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg: :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: