General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, glilikoi said:

What Yuzu said (最後の最後にちゃんと取り切れた) can be interpreted both ways, but I think what he really meant here is just that he finally got the 4CC title as the last title of his super slam. Just before he says that, he contrasts his experience with the 'norm' of winning more low-level comps before the Olympics. The way I understand it, the point he's making is that his career has been pretty unusual. If you read more deeply into it, of course he probably feels that his career is closer to the end than the beginning. But I don't think he wanted to imply here that he's necessarily planning to retire soon. If anything, I think he seems to have found a new motivation to skate for himself. 

Oh, thank you so much for clarification & your explanation! How would I Love to understand Japanese, being able to understand Yuzu in his native tongue would've been such a gift! So many nuances are lost in translation & interpritation can vary, semantics is so important here... I am so happy for his current mood & your explanation brings joy to my selfish heart 😇💖💜

16 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Blue flame hmm

Honestly I’m not sure if it’s just the meaning of his words lost in translation or... I honestly don’t fully understand what he’s getting at here 🤔

It sounds reflective, like before 2018 he had this burning desire to win at all costs that was externally motivated, whether from a feeling of his legacy not being complete yet, or to fulfill promises he made to his former self, or for his country, but now he is skating for himself and in the now. He's not as desperate to win as before, because the path he is taking is for himself. Of course he wants to win, but only in his own way while fulfilling his vision of skating. He keeps talking about the journey -- how at every step, being proud of how far he's come, and seeing things come full circle slowly and surely. 

4 hours ago, yuzupon said:

What Oda-san said about 4CC SEIMEI:

I love Nobu's insight into everything. That clip of him explaining the difficulty of the H&L step sequence is so excellent. Does he ever do the Japanese commentary? Honestly, I think I'd learn Japanese just to be able to listen to him

1 minute ago, memae said:

I love Nobu's insight into everything. That clip of him explaining the difficulty of the H&L step sequence is so excellent. Does he ever do the Japanese commentary? Honestly, I think I'd learn Japanese just to be able to listen to him

Yes, Nobu is the regular commentator for TV Asahi, which has rights to the Grand Prix series.  Fuji TV has the rights to Worlds and 4CC.  Nobu provides minimal comments during the actual competition, but offers great insights before and afterwards.  I wish TV Asahi had the rights to Worlds but alas, it seems Fuji has this one locked in for many years.   At least, I am glad Fuji has invested in i-scope which will now be used by ISU at the Worlds for the first time.  Not that it will make much difference in judging scores at this time, but I am hoping this will be the first steps toward incorporating better technology into the judging system - in the near future!  

7 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Yes, Nobu is the regular commentator for TV Asahi, which has rights to the Grand Prix series.  Fuji TV has the rights to Worlds and 4CC.  Nobu provides minimal comments during the actual competition, but offers great insights before and afterwards.  I wish TV Asahi had the rights to Worlds but alas, it seems Fuji has this one locked in for many years.   At least, I am glad Fuji has invested in i-scope which will now be used by ISU at the Worlds for the first time.  Not that it will make much difference in judging scores at this time, but I am hoping this will be the first steps toward incorporating better technology into the judging system - in the near future!  

Wait, judges will see i-scope?

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Fuji TV mentioned that i-scope will be shown at the Worlds - apparently ISU had requested it.   But I haven't seen further details, and it's unlikely that the judges will incorporate i-scope views in their reviews at this stage.

Then we saw it already at last WC and GPF.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

Then we saw it already at last WC and GPF.

Did they show i-scope on other non-Japanese TV channels?  Fuji has been showing i-scope jump results for a of seasons already, but I was not aware that this was also being shown on the ISU channel.  I have been watching on the Japanese channels and hadn't check that they were being shown elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Did they show i-scope on other non-Japanese TV channels?  Fuji has been showing i-scope jump results for a of seasons already, but I was not aware that this was also being shown on the ISU channel.  I have been watching on the Japanese channels and hadn't check that they were being shown elsewhere.

yes, WC and GPF 19