General Yuzuru Chat

Looking back, do you think perhaps part of why he was SO exhausted at JNats might be because he was training 4 programs? Like, he was training O&O just to get through that half of the season but he'd already decided after GPF that he was switching so he'd started getting back into Chopin and Seimei already? He might have gone into GPF with the idea that if the 5-quad layout didn't work for him and if the judging was still dodge that he'd go back to Chopin and Seimei. Like, we know he loves chaos but he also loves crunching those numbers and strategising. He might have even had this in the back of his mind as a possibility since Saitama. Or do you think he just got fed up and decided to go back to his good vibe programs to re-calibrate and refresh? 

It looks like this time he dediced that it would be better to follow his own heart than all that ISU and media b*llsh*t. He should always do what he loves. Good choice, I stan that. Nothing counts more in this sport that authenticity and true passion. That comes beyond any score.

6 hours ago, barbara said:

Agree 100%.  Origin is a beast.  But it will take more than his brilliant artistry and incomparable transitions and jumps to beat NC - he needs fair judging.  So, along with our support for him during what must be a quite trying time, we should all wish on the evening star, every evening, that Worlds has unbiased, fair judging.

There is likely no such thing anymore... At GPF, he got lower GOE on the Lz and Lo (especially) at the beginning of the program, when the judges did not know he will make the mistake on the 3A-3A combo. Had he made that combination, it would have been an almost perfect program (bar that step on the flip) and that still wouldn't have given him fair scores. Some say he is underscored because he's not consistent, but the judges have no way of knowing at the beginning of the program if he'll make mistakes, to give him low GOEs - they just do it anyway. H&L was an epic program, just like some say here that Origin could have been (they are right, although I already think Origin is epic, just that it wasn't perfectly clean yet). Still, the epic H&L was not rewarded properly. Even Oly Chopin was not rewarded properly imo (by today standards for PCS, you can get 96 for a lower quality program). After what Yuzu did with Chopin & Seimei at the end of 2015, they seemed afraid to reward him like that again.

2 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

There is likely no such thing anymore... At GPF, he got lower GOE on the Lz and Lo (especially) at the beginning of the program, when the judges did not know he will make the mistake on the 3A-3A combo. Had he made that combination, it would have been an almost perfect program (bar that step on the flip) and that still wouldn't have given him fair scores. Some say he is underscored because he's not consistent, but the judges have no way of knowing at the beginning of the program if he'll make mistakes, to give him low GOEs - they just do it anyway. H&L was an epic program, just like some say here that Origin could have been (they are right, although I already think Origin is epic, just that it wasn't perfectly clean yet). Still, the epic H&L was not rewarded properly. Even Oly Chopin was not rewarded properly imo (by today standards for PCS, you can get 96 for a lower quality program). After what Yuzu did with Chopin & Seimei at the end of 2015, they seemed afraid to reward him like that again.

That could be true, but we have to remember, that judges very often reevaluate many GOEs after the performance when they have some time for replays. So, we don't know 100%, maybe if he went clean some of those GOE's would be slightly higher or maybe they played them slightly lower while reevaluating the whole performance with major mistake (impression was affected by that, so they took harsher approach). I'm not defending judges, just want to mark that with this instability of the judging system - it's hard to have clear conclusions. 

5 hours ago, rubyblue said:

That could be true, but we have to remember, that judges very often reevaluate many GOEs after the performance when they have some time for replays. So, we don't know 100%, maybe if he went clean some of those GOE's would be slightly higher or maybe they played them slightly lower while reevaluating the whole performance with major mistake (impression was affected by that, so they took harsher approach). I'm not defending judges, just want to mark that with this instability of the judging system - it's hard to have clear conclusions. 

I know they reevaluate, I don't mean those, I mean the ones they give in real time. Those programs can be re-watched and the GOEs are visible on the screen right away. I can tell you that is not the case, actually the GOEs increased (on the score sheet is more than what it was displayed on the screen), which means that in the first they underscored him even more. If you check NC program (I was answering a post talking about beating him), you will see that the GOEs displayed on the screen are almost the same as what's in the score sheet, sometimes a bit more. Which means they firstly go with the overscoring for him, while for Yuzu they go with the underscoring first. In this case, they could even compare him with Yuzu, as he went first. I.E. - they saw Yuzu's Lz and still decided to give NC more although he had worse axis than Yuzu.

I've lost my faith in fair judging. Luckily, I've not lost my faith in Yuzu, that he can triumph over this corruption. Personally, for myself, I don't care if he wins on not, I would like him the same no matter on what position he ended a competition.  It's not the victories that make us love him. It's not like he's worth loving only if he gets the gold medal, I don't need to prove to anyone that he deserves my love and he doesn't need to win in order to reward it. Actually, he doesn't need to reward it at all, because love should not be conditioned by a reward. It's just that the corruption irritates me a lot. I'm trying to be more detached, but it seems I'm having difficulties with it. It's not like the sport was not corrupt regarding the judging system before. I only follow FS starting from the 90s and some of the judging then was definitely politic (especially at the Olympics).

26 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Sorry to quote myself, but Ghislain's description of Yuzu deciding he needs a WC program that can "overflow from within himself" is exactly what I was trying to say in my last post.

:nod2:

ETA: To use  @KatjaThera's beast metaphor, Origin is a beast he's trying to tame, Seimei is a force he has internalized that makes him a beast. 

So true M'Dear.  Very excited to see these two programmes at Worlds.....Hopefully.  

16 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

I'm ignorant on this topic so I'll ask :smiley-scared005: ... can he still win against a clean Nathan with only four quads?

I don't think so, not even if Yuzu has 5 clean quads including 4A. The BV for 4A is just one point higher than 4Lutz. Nathan is surely going for 5 quads in Worlds and if he goes clean they are 100% going to give it to him, and it will be higher than his GPF19 score. A clean Yuzu can't win against a clean Nathan at this point not because Nate is better, but because ISU wants him to win. It'd be like a Sochi14 Yuna situation or the recent European Champs Ice Dance situation.

Just now, MatchaBeans said:

I don't think so, not even if Yuzu has 5 clean quads including 4A. The BV for 4A is just one point higher than 4Lutz. Nathan is surely going for 5 quads in Worlds and if he goes clean they are 100% going to give it to him, and it will be higher than his GPF19 score. A clean Yuzu can't win against a clean Nathan at this point not because Nate is better, but because ISU wants him to win. It'd be like a Sochi14 Yuna situation or the recent European Champs Ice Dance situation.

The 4A is only one point higher.... what a mess. Poor Yuzu, he is fighting more against ISU than even Nathan. :tantrum: