General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

i was just about to dye my hair origin purple 

I applaud this choice, even if it no longer applies. 

The Seimei costume has strips of purple and teal...maybe you could leave most of your hair black but just do  big purple, white, and teal streaks down one side of your face? Or just the ends?  You could probably even buy clip-in strands in the right colours and avoid the hassle of having to dye your hair at all. 

Unfortunately the only Yuzu costume colours that would work in my hair are Origin 1.0... :(

1 час назад, Katt сказал:

I think this is the time Yuzuru really need the support from fans. He has alot of things against him, ISU, crap juding, his own fed and media while carrying more expectation and pressure than anyone. I looked back at the past 5 years and realize we could lose him at least 3 times. So as long as he decide to fight, he always have my support. Simple as that. I only hope for his health and happiness. You might feel disappointed with his decision, but trust me once he leave this sport, you gonna miss him dearly.  Just think about how heartbroken we were when he got injuries and WD from competition, don't take anything for grant.

I think every fan (at least here) support Yuzu even if they don't understand his decision (for now) or have some concerns, or would prefer to see polished this season's programs.

For me every skate after Olys is a gift and I hope Yuzu will have his confidence back with whatever program he decides to do.

Hace 11 horas, buttercup said:

I feel like everyone is taking this news super seriously; analyzing his motivations and reasons, speculating layouts, bitching and lamenting on him repeating these two programs in particular. Meanwhile, I’m fucking over here legitimately cackling my ass off.  

True, like I said in the 4CC topic: "Maybe he wants to thanks and pay homage to the country where he won the second olympic gold medal".

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I applaud this choice, even if it no longer applies. 

The Seimei costume has strips of purple and teal...maybe you could leave most of your hair black but just do  big purple, white, and teal streaks down one side of your face? Or just the ends?  You could probably even buy clip-in strands in the right colours and avoid the hassle of having to dye your hair at all. 

Unfortunately the only Yuzu costume colours that would work in my hair are Origin 1.0... :(

Purple is good.  But I'd probably be sporting purple hair until it all grew out.  Light hair, blonde hair and grey hair just LOVE to turn a color and then hold on to it.  How would you get the purple out?  (I once turned my son's hair green for his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Halloween costume and the green would not come out. It took months. Of course, his hair was white-platinum at the time.  The sort of hair color that turns green if you swim in chlorinated pools a lot.)

I’m the type of person that if you keep complaining and bitching about something, I’m going to continue to do that something just to spite you. Now, I’m not saying that’s what Yuzu is doing but the fact that people have been complaining about him recycling and repeating programs long before this (maybe) news and then for this (maybe) news that he’s using Chopin and Seimei again? Well, let’s just say it entertains and amuses me greatly. 

4 hours ago, Vadrouille said:

For me, it is sad that he changed his programs to go back to his old programs at Four Continents next week, with the hope for better scores and win. 

You're unnecessarily assigning a thought process to him that we have not been privy to.

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Are we going to change our PH banner as it seems Yuzu has indeed changed his programmes for the rest of the season?  

It might be a bit premature though. We don't know if it's only for 4cc or if he's doing worlds that way as well.... and also I really love this season's costumes! :loveshower: Please don't take my babies away. :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I saw someone mentioned they'd like to see other skaters  repeat some of their programs too and I can't help but think of Junhwan's Juliet, it was such a chaotic but iconic program😂

I love Yuzuru's Seimei. It gives me winner vibes, he can do no wrong with that and I think that's what pushed him to make this change. I was a fan of Origin last season but not so much for this season. I agree with someone saying that Origin really seems to tire  Yuzuru a lot. Otonal really grew on me by the way. It seems that I prefer Origin 1.0 but Otoñal 2.0😅

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....made me realize that while I like Otoñal+Origin, I couldn't quite warm up to it the way I did to Chopin+Seimei (or heck, even LGC+H&L) 

First off, just wanna say I loved the programs myself, just to be clear.

But I've thought about others past responses and wondered if maybe the fact that they are tribute pieces isn't part of the problem.

I can't hear Origin without thinking Plushy and someone (usually Johnny himself :dozey: ) has to bring up the connection during Otonal. And you add in last years tribute costumes and they seemed like the ideas weren't as fresh and original to Yuzu's identity maybe?

I would think of Chopin and Seimei as Yuzu performing his own greatest hits whereas Otonal and Origin give more of a tribute band or wedding singer. I mean a really kick a** cover band but still.

AFAIK Onmyouji hadn't been used prior to yuzu and while chopin is of course classical music I don't think of it as being connected to one single performer and so he could make it his own. 

IDK just my random musings.

Now that all the major news sites wrote about the programs change (plus there was a "source" that confirmed the change which wasn't denied), it looks sure that he's indeed bringing back Chopin and Seimei.

Personally I wasn't bothered by Otonal and Origin being tributes as I thought the programs themselves were great. Otonal is a gorgeous program and Origin had so much potential but it's an extremely demanding program which sadly didn't really get the scores that could have this season (except maybe at Skate Canada). Perhaps the 5-quad layout after GPF with the fast-paced music and the choreo weren't working together as much as he would have loved to. I don't know, I'm curious what he will say about this.

I am just happy he's bringing back the two programs that have been such important ones in his career, that are both masterpieces and iconic programs. I love Chopin and Seimei and I can't really wait what he'll bring at 4CC, be it the changes in the shorter version of Seimei, choreography and music, layout, and just in general, how will he perform the programs. I loved Seimei at MOI and thought it was one of the best version performance-wise (and I started to miss the program after that *looks at her avatar* :)  and the feeling became greater as the time passed and we neared to February, the second anniversary of his PC gold). 

Whatever he chooses I have faith in him and I'll support him as always. I will just enjoy every Chopin and Seimei performance we get. And I am grateful each and every time we see him compete, because everything is a bonus after PyeongChang. :) 

I hope everything will be fine for him at 4CC and our support and cheers will reach him.:grouphug: Good luck, Yuzu! :smiley-happy105:

32 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Personally I wasn't bothered by Otonal and Origin being tributes as I thought the programs themselves were great. Otonal is a gorgeous program and Origin had so much potential but it's an extremely demanding program which sadly didn't really get the scores that could have this season (except maybe at Skate Canada). Perhaps the 5-quad layout after GPF with the fast-paced music and the choreo weren't working together as much as he would have loved to. I don't know, I'm curious what he will say about this.

I have to say I agree here. I don't have a problem with Yuzu doing tribute programs, because that's the kind of guy he is - he acknowledges the people who've been influential on his skating, and he honours them. But based on various tidbits Yuzu has dropped over the years in interviews, I think that he has massive ambitions (way beyond just doing 4A) for what he wants to be able to do on the ice, which results in him creating really demanding programs for himself. And then, those programs don't always work out as he would like. I think this was the case for Origin. 

This is why I always wonder how it would be if, just once, there was a competition where all the skaters swapped programs (with some lead time to learn them, obvs.). Personally, I think such a thing would be a cakewalk for Yuzu and a heroic struggle for everyone else. Even if they watered down Yuzu's tech.