General Yuzuru Chat

37 minutes ago, Katt said:

I think this is the time Yuzuru really need the support from fans. He has alot of things against him, ISU, crap juding, his own fed and media while carrying more expectation and pressure than anyone. I looked back at the past 5 years and realize we could lose him at least 3 times. So as long as he decide to fight, he always have my support. Simple as that. I only hope for his health and happiness. You might feel disappointed with his decision, but trust me once he leave this sport, you gonna miss him dearly.  Just think about how heartbroken we were when he got injuries and WD from competition, don't take anything for grant.

:goodpost::love::loveshower::animated-smileys-love-erotic-045:

13 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

got the news about the program change just in time. i was just about to dye my hair origin purple to see how it would look for worlds. hmm - don’t think pale blue would work in nearly black hair without frying it blond first. will have to think of some other ridiculous way to show my spirit that requires no real talent

is the time deduction the same no matter how much you go over? would be hilarious if he just skated his dream Seimei with original music. the field at 4cc is watered down enough that he could spare the deduction as long as he doesn’t implode - and frankly, he spotted the field more last year with the 4t/3a seq

but obviously it’s smarter to get mileage on his competition program if he’s taking it to worlds. though if that extra 30 seconds means he can better execute the elements, it would be worth the trade IF he actually gets goe that reflected it

There's the same shade of purple on his Seimei costume! Satomi knows Zu's colours! You'll just need some acid green and gold accessories or ribbon to go with it. 

Honestly I still think it's a typo. The newspapers talked about it, from "reliable source", but it was not directly quoted from anyone from his team so I'm not so sure. But whatever, if he indeed goes back to Chopin and SEIMEI, I still respect his choice.

He was so determined to add 4A into Origin so if there's a change, esp into old programs, he must think over very, very carefully, taking into consideration potential backlash from everyone. I strongly think he should make decision solely for himself and his career, not for any outsider's opinions (fans or antis, or federation or journalists). 

Must remember that, ppl can find all ways to criticize his every decision as he's still competing, but once a skater retires, only GREAT programs will be remembered, no one gives a f*ck if you've done 10 or 100 programs thru out your career!

1分鐘前, memae說:

There's the same shade of purple on his Seimei costume! Satomi knows Zu's colours! You'll just need some acid green and gold accessories or ribbon to go with it. 

I am wondering if there will be costume change. Honestly, I can't think of anything better than the two costumes in PyeongChang, but it is also what I thought about Origin 1 until I saw Origin 2. :confused0066: 

Maybe Yuzu and Satomi can amaze us again. 

:animated-smileys-angels-151:

1 minute ago, CaroSkate said:

I am wondering if there will be costume change. Honestly, I can't think of anything better than the two costumes in PyeongChang, but it is also what I thought about Origin 1 until I saw Origin 2. :confused0066: 

Indeed, but I feel like the colours will stay. Even Origin 1 and 2 have the same colours dispersed differently.  Origin 2 has grown on me - don't get me wrong, I thought it was gorgeous the first time I saw it just not in the same way as Origin 1 which I considered a masterpiece the instant I saw it. But every time I see Origin 2, I like it more and more. H&L does the same to me. I even like the flounce ruffle thing now. It makes me think of sea foam and the ocean. I love that costume and I used to think it was the worst of his competition wardrobe. 

I just watched the videos with him standing alone at this blue curtain that was mentioned and the interview.

And I had a crazy thought/ flash of an image:

I do not like the music of Johnny Cash and do not know much about him, but a friend of mine has this iconic photo of him as a poster.

It is this black and white picture of Cash against some wild clouds with his guitar in front of him, resting on the ground.

It is, to me, a picture of a man and artist standing alone, like a rock, having lived through much, very quiet and strong.

And insanely I had to think of this picture of Johnny Cash when I saw Yuzuru standing against this blue curtain.

Perhaps I thought of him standing alone, having been through much, but strong as a rock.

Very strange connection my mind was forming - but then, this is a strange weekend:-)).

Wow. 

Almost as wild as him suddenly beginning this monster- preparation for  4A in open practice!

How I wish I could have been there, but it was heart stopping even on stream.

I dont know, I suddenly think of all the strength he has.

Rambling, I know...sorry:-).

I have my my fingers crossed so hard for him...no words;-)

When I first heard about Yuzu switching back to Chopin+Seimei for 4CC I actually felt...relieved? I felt bad for typing this out, but this feeling of relief I have made me realize that while I like Otoñal+Origin, I couldn't quite warm up to it the way I did to Chopin+Seimei (or heck, even LGC+H&L) :/ :( . Maybe it's the lack of exposure, but one and a half season in and I'm still not as enthusiastic about those programs the way I did for his other programs :( .

I just hope it will truly be a fruitful effort for him, this switchback. Either way I'll definitely support him all the way...

I am thinking about his words after he did Seimei at the gala recently, how it was difficult for him because he did not want to change the good memories people have with this important programme if he made a mistake. 

If this change is really true, he must feel much more confident now! 

Eh, after thinking about it, I'm actually more excited with this change than I was before.

Spoiler

I never truly liked the idea of tribute, esp NOT to those two. I have more elaborate thoughts on why these programs on their own are not on par with Zu's previous prog (like how Otonal, lovely as it is, is nowhere near the music composition that is Chopin or even LGC), but meh, I'd rather let those go.

I also don't like the recycle of both (or either, really) Otonal or Origin this season. I support Zu ofc, but I still don't like it. So, well, changing to older programs, ones I actually like, this is amazing news. The alternative is coming up with brand new programs, and that's even more terrifying to think.

It is risky, to change at this time of the season, esp change back to iconic programs. But, eh, what he got to lose, really. Plus, like @Sombreuil said, he owes no-one nothing. 

1 hour ago, CaroSkate said:

I'm just gonna say it: red seimei 

This is my only dream. 

Found someone else sharing my wish with some art (ignore the eyeliner lol, or well yuzu if you are so inclined then go ahead please c: ) 

13 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

I'm just gonna say it: red seimei 

This is my only dream. 

Found someone else sharing my wish with some art (ignore the eyeliner lol, or well yuzu if you are so inclined then go ahead please c: ) 

It was red-blue, because he had red-blue covers.:68468287:

And since Rainbow Origin never happened, now is time for Rainbow Seimei.:jumping0042: