General Yuzuru Chat

I'm all for 5-quad layouts, provided Yuzu can survive them and not be so exhausted by the end that he can't move. The more I think about it, the more I think this is why he's bringing Seimei back. 

If he really is bringing it back. 

But I do hope we get to see beautiful Origin again some day. 

35 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

I am a big fan of Yuzuru. For me, it is sad that he changed his programs to go back to his old programs at Four Continents next week, with the hope for better scores and win. 

With no Chen, Uno, Zhou in Four Continents, he has every chance to win it with his present programs Otonal and Origin. He does not need to go back to old programs.

If the epidemic Coronavirus and all the limitations for travelling from China, We don't even know if Team China will arrive in Seoul next week for Four Continents.

I think that for winning the next Worlds in Montreal in March 2020, whatever programs Yuzuru will be skating to, he can not win against Chen and all the judges. When both Chen and Yuzuru are 100%, Chen will win with a good margin, let's say 5 to 10 points in Total scores, because of his BV, GOE and PCS that he received from the judges, be it unfair or not. That is the way the judges want it.In case Yuzuru makes mistakes like in SP and FS like in GPF, the gap in Total scores will be bigger, like what happened at GPF.

I don't hope for a change in the judges mentality for now, today or March 2020.

With this way of thinking there's no other option but retirement for him. I don't agree with you. I think they will give gold in Montreal to the one of them who will have cleaner skate. If both skate super clean, it would be the decision of the day, based on energy in the arena, set of judges and their mood and most of all - performance momentum which they both will be able to create there. It can go anyway imo and probably  some minor accidental things will decide. Actually, clean skating of Nate won;t be that suprasing, so clean skate of Yuzu can be perceived as more exiting :) This system and its execution is really so stupid and illogical, that you can break all the narration in 5 minutes if you will create a moment of excitement.  

34 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

I am a big fan of Yuzuru. For me, it is sad that he changed his programs to go back to his old programs at Four Continents next week, with the hope for better scores and win. 

With no Chen, Uno, Zhou in Four Continents, he has every chance to win it with his present programs Otonal and Origin. He does not need to go back to old programs.

If the epidemic Coronavirus and all the limitations for travelling from China, We don't even know if Team China will arrive in Seoul next week for Four Continents.

I think that for winning the next Worlds in Montreal in March 2020, whatever programs Yuzuru will be skating to, he can not win against Chen and all the judges. When both Chen and Yuzuru are 100%, Chen will win with a good margin, let's say 5 to 10 points in Total scores, because of his BV, GOE and PCS that he received from the judges, be it unfair or not. That is the way the judges want it.In case Yuzuru makes mistakes like in SP and FS like in GPF, the gap in Total scores will be bigger, like what happened at GPF.

I don't hope for a change in the judges mentality for now, today or March 2020.

Funnily enough, I am not feeling this way and wouldn't think this way. For Yuzu, and only Yuzu, his recycled programs are never an exact copy of the old one. There is always some interesting minor tweaks, and he lets us play the 'spot the difference' game every time. New music cuts , new spin variations, new timing/arrangement for elements, new choreo, new costume (although not quite possible in this case). Also, he has grown and matured, mentally and physically, since PyeongChang. We could already sense the difference when he performed a shorter version of SEIMEI in JNats Medalist on ice. 

I am actually looking forward to what he will bring to the table for these two recycled programs, especially SEIMEI cut to fit the new duration with 5? quads. :xD: 

I think this is the time Yuzuru really need the support from fans. He has alot of things against him, ISU, crap juding, his own fed and media while carrying more expectation and pressure than anyone. I looked back at the past 5 years and realize we could lose him at least 3 times. So as long as he decide to fight, he always have my support. Simple as that. I only hope for his health and happiness. You might feel disappointed with his decision, but trust me once he leave this sport, you gonna miss him dearly.  Just think about how heartbroken we were when he got injuries and WD from competition, don't take anything for grant.

While the report itself was nothing new, it did kind of make the decision make more sense to me. He really sounded so depressed about the first half of the season... While the comment seems somewhat out of context, regardless of the context, to hear him say he became afraid to skate and afraid to perform in front of people hurts. If he needs Chopin and Seimei to recover his joy and love of skating, then I'm 100% in favor. He can recycle whatever he wants, any of his programs, he can recycle other skaters' programs, he can skate around in circles, as long as he truly feels joy in doing it. That's really all I care about at this point.

And I think he is truly a master at the game, because I can't really believe it's a coincidence that we got two brightly smiling Yuzu pictures right before that painful bit aired. It's like he's saying "Yes, that's where I was, but I'm fine now. Trust me." And maybe what Brian said about him taking a while to get his competitive mind on was him struggling a bit with the decision, maybe feeling guilty for giving up on Origin (for now at least) and worrying about the narratives. But Brian said he's doing well and he was smiling brightly with Nam, so I think he's found a good place again. I'm looking forward to seeing a Yuzu with his full confidence back! I also think he is physically stronger than ever and if everything does fall into place, I think there is still a chance that he won't give judges a choice but to give him all the gold. Either way, I trust him and support him, no matter what.

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm all for 5-quad layouts, provided Yuzu can survive them

I think that is one of the factors at the crux of this - he maybe finds SEIMEI to be the less taxing stamina-wise of the 2 programmes (I mean SEIMEI vs Origin).  5 quads is hard for him, he made that clear at GPF - "why does Nathan have to make it even harder?" he said at post FS interview! Nathan has the advantage of youth in this sport that so favours the young!

BUT I also think Yuzu'd love to win Worlds with SEIMEI, his dearest programme that is most him, most Japanese, part of his very soul - it didn't win in 2016, he wants to give it another chance.

COME ON JUDGES DO THE RIGHT THING!!

Edit: just read posts above about TV broadcast and him saying he lost his confidence:sadPooh:

Yuzu is the GOAT and SEIMEI and Chopin are his masterpeices, he knows he can win with these!!  WE know he will win! Gambatte Yuzuru !!

He has my full undivided support for whatever he chooses to do. For me the joy he gives me skating can not be compared to any other skate. He can do whatever he wants and I dont know why anyone would think to have a say in it. Ganbatte, Yuzu <3

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly. If you give higher PCS to Rocketman with a big stumble than a nearly foot-perfect Schindler's List from Jason... well, that tells you everything about the value of quality and artistry. The current judging discredits the achievements of every single skater who is not Nathan Chen. Yuzu is not the only one, who suffers from this impossible situation.

I can imagine that this program change is some kind of ultimatum to the ISU. If they give lower scores to a refined Seimei than in Barcelona 2015, Yuzu can leave the stage with a smirk and a collapsing system behind him.

I don't think Yuzu would smirk about these unfair changes, ever. The judging is falling apart, the ISU is biased and falling apart.  I think this is crushing him and he's doing his utmost to stand tall and win.

1 hour ago, Vadrouille said:

it is sad that he changed his programs to go back to his old programs at Four Continents next week, with the hope for better scores and win. 

With no Chen, Uno, Zhou in Four Continents, he has every chance to win it with his present programs Otonal and Origin.

I don't think this is the reason Hanyu is using Chopin/Seimei. As you said, he could win easily at 4CC, even with 3 quads. It's likely something strategic like testing out a new layout or a new jump. I could see how it would be difficult to turn Origin into a seamless (not yolo-ed) 5 quad program because it is so unrelenting. There are many possible reasons for this change, so maybe let's wait to hear the explanation from him before jumping to any conclusions. 

I wish other skaters would repeat some of their programs so they can really fine tune them as much as Yuzuru does. Nemesis, for example, could be just wonderful if Nathan gave it another season's work. I want Dima to repeat his free for next season too because it feels like it just hasn't gotten there yet, and I think there's so much room in it to become something even more. 

11 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I think that is one of the factors at the crux of this - he maybe finds SEIMEI to be the less taxing stamina-wise of the 2 programmes (I mean SEIMEI vs Origin).  5 quads is hard for him, he made that clear at GPF - "why does Nathan have to make it even harder?" he said at post FS interview! Nathan has the advantage of youth in this sport that so favours the young!

BUT I also think Yuzu'd love to win Worlds with SEIMEI, his dearest programme that is most him, most Japanese, part of his very soul - it didn't win in 2016, he wants to give it another chance.

COME ON JUDGES DO THE RIGHT THING!!

I think it's hard to estimate how taxing Origin with 5 quads was, because he admitted he'd only done 1 RT with 5 quads before trying it at GPF. It was reckless and was never going to be likely to work out. BUT he did land the 5 quads cleanly, he just ran out of steam for the last 3A-3A. It's not impossible to imagine with enough training and conditioning that he'd increase his stamina enough to land that, too. Although it is an insane program, if anyone can do it justice, even with 5 quads, it's Yuzu.

But I really think bringing back Seimei (and Chopin) is more psychological than physical. Even though he had planned 5 quads Seimei for Olys, it won't be easy to switch to 5 quads Seimei now after he's spent a year and a half working on Origin. However, emotionally, Seimei gives him more confidence, while Origin has left him in a bad place. I wonder if he would have been able to do Seimei again after Boston. I think sometimes, programs leave such a bad taste, that he needs to take a step back from them and reset himself. I think Boston Seimei might have been like that. LGC might have been like that - the last LGC was the WTT'17 utter disaster, after all - and it could be JNats Origin was like that. The previous two were end of season performances, but Origin was mid-season. Hence the mid-season change. And no other program makes as much sense to change it with as Seimei.

got the news about the program change just in time. i was just about to dye my hair origin purple to see how it would look for worlds. hmm - don’t think pale blue would work in nearly black hair without frying it blond first. will have to think of some other ridiculous way to show my spirit that requires no real talent

is the time deduction the same no matter how much you go over? would be hilarious if he just skated his dream Seimei with original music. the field at 4cc is watered down enough that he could spare the deduction as long as he doesn’t implode - and frankly, he spotted the field more last year with the 4t/3a seq

but obviously it’s smarter to get mileage on his competition program if he’s taking it to worlds. though if that extra 30 seconds means he can better execute the elements, it would be worth the trade IF he actually gets goe that reflected it