General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

:rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH 

Nothing more to add to this, I guess

I can't WAIT for Chopin and Seimei. Masterpieces never get old, and he always skates his programs as if they were anew. I support him in every way. 

Nathan's choreo seq has been very impactful and gets the audience reaction more so than any other part of his program... Origin's choreoseq doesn't have the same impact, but Seimei's def does... I would say it * brings it home*.... so it is a better match up. 

Excited to see the program changes with the time diff.

41 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Everybody and their grandmas is twitting abt Yuzu's programs change. lol

I'm imagining Yuzu smiling his innocent, angelic smile, sipping a mug of hot chocolate and enjoying all this chaos that he created without even really doing anything. His power! :worship:

17 minutes ago, liv said:

From a strategic pov... Nathan's choreo seq has been very impactful and gets the audience reaction more so than any other part of his program... Origin's choreoseq doesn't have the same impact, but Seimei's def does... I would say it * brings it home*.... so it is a better match up. 

Excited to see the program changes with the time diff.

Sad thing is that Nathan's choreo sq is "so impactful" mostly because it's such a contrast to the emptiness of everything before it. Fact that you can perform only in 10-15 seconds of 4 minutes program and still get high 9 in PCS is so unfair and annoying. 

Also, of course there will be a lot of criticism becuase of repeating old programs. But if you look into details, Yuzuru's programs are actually real 4-minutes programs (still having 4-5 quads), when Nate (and most other quadsters) has a new program every season, but this program it's actually starting pose + step sq + choreo sq, so it's like 30-40 seconds of new stuff and some choreography, the composition  of the rest is just jumps, spins (which are not special, just done correctly), crossovers and simple hands movements - no dynamic, no emotions, no complexity in terms of performance and no story-telling in that part at all. I don't think we will ever see Nathan perform to some difficult piece of music (like Rachmaninoff, Chopin or anything with this kind of complexity). He doesn't have skills and skating charisma to handle music like that. He goes for much more simply composed pieces to create some short-time excitment by easy tricks. In fact, he doesn't recycle, becuase those programs don't have enough impact to create excitment longer than one season and don't have ingridients to longer development.

5 hours ago, Katt said:

but readjusting Seimei is even harder

Didn’t Yuzu initially have a 5 quad layout for SEIMEI at Olys? iirc In early  Oly season there was a documentary with Yuzuru talking about SEIMEI layout - he had it written down (in his lovely neat handwriting!) and there was 4loop and 4lutz included - if so, he will have been practising this in Summer 2017 (all training remains in the bank says Brian!), and the only alteration needed is reducing the time by 20 seconds (i know this in itself is tough!) but he may have already have muscle memory of the upgraded programme?

if anyone knows the documentary I am referring to it would be great to have a link to check it out!

i am off to watch CoR2017 SEIMEI for clues!!

3 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Didn’t Yuzu initially have a 5 quad layout for SEIMEI at Olys? iirc In early  Oly season there was a documentary with Yuzuru talking about SEIMEI layout - he had it written down (in his lovely neat handwriting!) and there was 4loop and 4lutz included - if so, he will have been practising this in Summer 2017 (all training remains in the bank says Brian!), and the only alteration needed is reducing the time by 20 seconds (i know this in itself is tough!) but he may have already have muscle memory of the upgraded programme?

if anyone knows the documentary I am referring to it would be great to have a link to check it out!

Yes, I think so. At COR he landed 4lutz but then tripled 4loop if I remember well

1 minute ago, Pammi said:

Yes, you are absolutely right. It is in  the documentary made right after CoR2017, when he was mischieviously sipping a CocaCola, in the airport if I am not mistaking, and explaining how delighted he was to put together such a daring layout. But I am no computer savvy and am incapable to find it right now. Maybe some more skilled and industrious fanyus here will, I hope.

9 минут назад, rubyblue сказал:

He doesn't have skills and skating charisma to handle music like that.

Fun fact is that in last junior season and first senior season it seemed like he has the potential to be a complete skater, but later it became all about quads and really why bother if you get candies like this?

4 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

spins (which are not special, just done correctly)

I'm not an expert for spin levels, but according to the TP handbook in a Camel position the knee of the free leg must be higher than hip level. In Nathan's Camel spins the free leg completely hangs down most of the time. I wonder, if that hits the technical requirement at all. When I see skaters like Jason, Yuzu or Roman getting lower GOE for their exemplary spins, it feels like a terrible joke.

1 minute ago, Lunna said:

Fun fact is that in last junior season and first senior season it seemed like he has the potential to be a complete skater, but later it became all about quads and really why bother if you get candies like this?

Exactly, they chose strategy. It's been working well so why risk to change it? It doesn't work for most of the audience, but who cares. Maybe they will start to care when Yuzu'll retire and audience won't be there no longer though :P ( by "they" - I mean ISU people who create the frames of the sport by sending the message what is rewarded at the time)