General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I think that Yuzu is bringing back Chopin and Seimei because these are his iconic programs and the ones most likely to earn high grades of execution and program components scores if he skates them clean.

I think that Yuzu has reached the conclusion that he will not be able to outscore (or the judges will not allow him to outscore) Nathan Chen with Otonal and Origin.

I think that Yuzu has changed the layout and choreography of Chopin and Seimei so as to maximize their base values and to conform to the free skate time limit.

Although he always accepts full responsibility for losing and gives full credit to Nathan for winning, Yuzu and his team are not blind to the fact that judges under evaluate his scores and inflate Nathan’s.

I think that Yuzu sees Chopin and Seimei as his weapons to retake the world championships.

God knows what Yuzu will do if he skates these programs absolutely clean and does not receive scores commensurate with his performances.

If Yuzu competes next season, I am sure that he will bring two brand-new programs that will knock the socks off everyone.

I could not agree more with your every word! It is heartbreaking that the horrible judging pushes Yuzu to change programs mid-season!!.. Underscoring the amazing programs Otonal and Origin to the point he feels he can't win... Yuzu was so sad after the GPF, saying he is not sure he will be given points to win even with a flwaless performance.. I can not stand isu for doing that to him! And I am also afraid to think what he will feel and do if even Chopin and Seimei get underscored again.. now the pretence can be the recycling of the programs... How does he cope with giving it all and being underscored again and again, while Natan is so bluntly overscored even lowering the difficulty of the programs.. What unbelievable strength of spirit!!!! 

All my gratirude to Nam for posting the picture with smiling Yuzu - it is sooo heartwarming to see him smile inspite of everything he's going through! 🙏💖💜

1 hour ago, barbara said:

Yuzu is the only one who accepts responsibility for losing but Nathan does not deserve credit for winning.  Even he must know that Yuzu is being under evaluated.  I truly do not understand the mind set of the ISU and the judges who are behind this.  Yes, Nathan can jump but he is nowhere near the artistic level that Yuzu is. No one is.  He is motivated in a new way and, yes, if judged fairly and he re-takes gold at Worlds, there is no doubt he will astound and amaze us all with what he achieves in the next season.  Otonal and Origin were meant to honor those who inspired him. Now, perhaps, he can honor himself.  

What you write here is so spot on and so utterly heartbreaking.

Honestly. If you give higher PCS to Rocketman with a big stumble than a nearly foot-perfect Schindler's List from Jason... well, that tells you everything about the value of quality and artistry. The current judging discredits the achievements of every single skater who is not Nathan Chen. Yuzu is not the only one, who suffers from this impossible situation.

I can imagine that this program change is some kind of ultimatum to the ISU. If they give lower scores to a refined Seimei than in Barcelona 2015, Yuzu can leave the stage with a smirk and a collapsing system behind him.

Honestly, I will believe it when I see it. Given the impact of the "news", medias could not do other way than announcing it. Its selling matter.

If the program change happens to be true, I have to say I will be really disappointed. I know Yuzu wants to win, and that it may be part of a big strategy, but seriously ? Chopin again ?? This program is already iconic, and has been skated to the fullest multiple times. And I can't imagine the amount of criticism he's going to get for this. I'm afraid it will feed the retirement narrative. As much as I love Seimei, Origin had the potential to be an epic program. If the results weren't there, he could also water down the content, the transitions and all. I don't think his scores would have particularly dropped. 

I will always support Yuzuru, and I'm eagerly waiting to hear from him...

57 minutes ago, Pika said:

Origin had the potential to be an epic program. If the results weren't there, he could also water down the content, the transitions and all. I don't think his scores would have particularly dropped. 

Origin has been underscored in both PCS and GOE, with or without 4lz, minus Skate canada. He didn't get the results he derserve most of the time with these two programs. In this new system, his score have been dropped even with the same qualities. 

I can understand Chopin when he struggle with Otonal combo and said the layout isn't working. Its Seimei the biggest mystery, I can't imagine a 4 mins Seimei unless there's a major music change. If its true, he must has a good reason for it. Yuzuru wouldn't go this far if he care about criticism and narratives. He and his team must foresee the reaction. I'm worried but at the same time I'm excited to see how it turn out. 

It took me a day to digest the news and stop feeling chaotic. :14066882:Even though Chopin and Seimei are by far my favorite programs and I am a bit excited to watch them again, I am sad that Origin won't be skated to its full potential. (I am not asking for a repeat next year lol) I feel that PyeongChang Olympic is such an excellent competitive ending to these programs that I am worried that they will be ruined by the judging this time.:59227c768286a__s:

Nevertheless, I believe Yuzu and his team know what the best strategy to his current situation is. I support any decision he makes.

:animated-smileys-animals-047:

3 часа назад, Geo1 сказал:

I think that Yuzu has reached the conclusion that he will not be able to outscore (or the judges will not allow him to outscore) Nathan Chen with Otonal and Origin.

The saddest part will be if Yuzu decided on the program change cuz of judging.

Of course there's a situation with Otonal, where combo wasn't working in the second part and Origin might have too demanding tempo if he's going for 5 quads.

As much as Chopin and Seimei are great I will miss Otonal and especially Origin (and it's gorgeous costume and hair style).

31 minutes ago, Katt said:

Origin has been underscored in both PCS and GOE, with or without 4lz, minus Skate canada. He didn't get the results he derserve most of the time with these two programs. In this new system, his score have been dropped even with the same qualities. 

I can understand Chopin when he struggle with Otonal combo and said the layout is working. Its Seimei the biggest mystery, I can't imagine a 4 mins Seimei unless there's a major music change. If its true, he must has a good reason for it. Yuzuru wouldn't go this far if he care about criticism and narratives. He and his team must foresee the reaction. I'm worried but at the same time I'm excited to see how it turn out. 

True that Origin has been underscored, especially at GPF, by this rotten system. But I can't see Yuzu giving up his dreams of ideal Origin and all for this. I would see him fight until the end, getting a clean Origin with or without quad axel, and the recognition he deserves. But I could be wrong.

Or does it mean Otonal and Origin will be back next year ? I selfishly wouldn't like this either, because Yuzu could do so much more with other musics. But he has a way of thinking competitive skating that is way different of other people. 

But well, if he thinks it's the current solution for him I'll take it. Let's wait and see...

And now I have a wild thought of the Ultimate-Yuzu-Troll

Spoiler

For 2020-21 Yuzu takes Rocketman and shows how better he can do it :happy0007:

Not happening fun to imagine

I have been without internet for the past 48 or so hours and then i come back to this?? I'm in a panic oh god :59227c768286a__s: 

Whether or not it's true i just feel whatever Yuzu decides to do will be what he has to do and he will do it for himself, so how can i not support it? 

Chopin and SEIMEI were also the first programs i saw him compete with as i stumbled upon the wonderful world of Yuzu in december 2017, so i'm actually very excited for this as it brings back memories of that initial stan time c: 

On another note, if i'm being completely honest i've been feeling as if Origin just has bad energy for a while now. It just seems to suck the life out of Yuzu everytime he competes with it and that's not something i want for him. Everytime his scores has gotten lower and the judging worse. I feel like going back to these programs could be a way of recharging his mentality and finding the fun in competition again. I know it certainly would be for me as a fan. 

If he isn't discarding Otoñal and Origin forever and will come back for them later then it could also be a way to avoid feeling fatigue from the programs. If you reach a block while doing creative work, work that involves a lot of emotion, then it can be good to take a step back for a bit. I'm not sure how Yuzu feels obviously, but like i said, as a fan Origin has felt awfully heavy lately. 

After first shock, I'm actually happy that I'll be able to see Chopin and Seimei again. Those programs are gems and never get old. Chopin 4.0. is still super exciting, this program is a perfection. Always gives me chills. Yuzu + Chopin is a great match and we don't see such a sofisticated stuff a lot recently in FS. Yuzu's top quality in skating deserves some top quality music. And while I liked both Otonal and Origin (as programs) I think both pieces of musics are nowhere near as complex, multivariate and well-constructed as Ballade and Seimei. 

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haaah and here I was thinking that 4CC will be a less stressful comp .... Yuzu and friends ... no Nate lol ... yeah, right, oh Yuzu ... :rofl3:

Less stressful does not exist in the vocabulary of Mr. Hanyu... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Whenever I think I know what's going on with Yuzu, expect a fun competition and begin to relax, the boy just casually drops a bomb on us. Life never gets boring with him! :rofl2: