General Yuzuru Chat

The news seems legit. Does this mean he is going to reuse Otonal/Origin for the next season? He said he would perform the ultimate versions of those programs if it took 3-4 years. He wouldn’t just drop them, would he? If he needs to stick to them, I hope he takes on a new set of programs next season and comes back to them for the Olympics season like he did for Pyeongchang.

3 hours ago, daisyjune said:

https://this.kiji.is/596520671908349025?c=39550187727945729

Kyodo Press has reported Yuzu's program change. They asked someone close to Yuzu side,

and the article says he will use Ballade No.1 and SEIMEI from 4CC.  So now I think it's official.

The impression from this article is that Yuzu will use Chopin and SEIMEI both at 4CC and Worlds.

I think that Yuzu is bringing back Chopin and Seimei because these are his iconic programs and the ones most likely to earn high grades of execution and program components scores if he skates them clean.

I think that Yuzu has reached the conclusion that he will not be able to outscore (or the judges will not allow him to outscore) Nathan Chen with Otonal and Origin.

I think that Yuzu has changed the layout and choreography of Chopin and Seimei so as to maximize their base values and to conform to the free skate time limit.

Although he always accepts full responsibility for losing and gives full credit to Nathan for winning, Yuzu and his team are not blind to the fact that judges under evaluate his scores and inflate Nathan’s.

I think that Yuzu sees Chopin and Seimei as his weapons to retake the world championships.

God knows what Yuzu will do if he skates these programs absolutely clean and does not receive scores commensurate with his performances.

If Yuzu competes next season, I am sure that he will bring two brand-new programs that will knock the socks off everyone.

I think this is becoming true since lots of JPN media reported (althought they mostly cite ISU'sbio as their sources).  There's no way ISU haven't fix it yet if its a system mistake. After 5 years of following Yuzuru, this is the most chaotic decision I have seen from him :drama: I feel he take a harder road because he has been practice Otonal/Origin for 1.5 year, switching programs at a comp right before WC is just too risky, even its the one he's familiar with. I really want to know when he decide to do this, at least he still spend time to change Otonal layout for Nats. As I said, I can understand Chopin, but readjusting Seimei is even harder than upgrade layout Origin.  Arhhhhhhh, all the attention would be on his practices and I can't wait *watch him skip the first one*. 

*I have some conspiracy theories about this and want to see if its true*

57 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I think that Yuzu is bringing back Chopin and Seimei because these are his iconic programs and the ones most likely to earn high grades of execution and program components scores if he skates them clean.

I think that Yuzu has reached the conclusion that he will not be able to outscore (or the judges will not allow him to outscore) Nathan Chen with Otonal and Origin.

I think that Yuzu has changed the layout and choreography of Chopin and Seimei so as to maximize their base values and to conform to the free skate time limit.

Although he always accepts full responsibility for losing and gives full credit to Nathan for winning, Yuzu and his team are not blind to the fact that judges under evaluate his scores and inflate Nathan’s.

I think that Yuzu sees Chopin and Seimei as his weapons to retake the world championships.

God knows what Yuzu will do if he skates these programs absolutely clean and does not receive scores commensurate with his performances.

If Yuzu competes next season, I am sure that he will bring two brand-new programs that will knock the socks off everyone.

I agree about Chopin/Seimei vs Otonal/Origin. I guess he ended up a half season down on both programs too because of injuries. Now he's done Otonal/Origin for a full season and while he has done Chopin and Seimei multiple seasons, they both ended up on a .5 because he pretty much missed the second half of the 2017/18 season. Lol, maybe this whole thing is just because he just likes fully rounded numbers. He is superstitious, after all. (I am being very tongue-in-cheek, don't take me seriously).

As for next season, I think new programs are a go too. If he goes to Beijing, or is at least thinking about it, he'll want a full season of working on his programs before the Olympic season. He's never taken new programs to the Olympics and it's worked for him. Unless he brings Origin and Otonal back for a season and then decides that poor old LGC and H&L need a second season and that they deserve the Olympics. I know this is absolutely not what will happen but like.... maybe if I say it I can speak it into being?? Imagine LGC at the Olympics. You just know the Olympic Channel won't stop short of anything to be able to keep an Olympic LGC on their channel, copyright be damned. Ah, a girl can dream. 

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu is the only one who accepts responsibility for losing but Nathan does not deserve credit for winning.  Even he must know that Yuzu is being under evaluated.  I truly do not understand the mind set of the ISU and the judges who are behind this.  Yes, Nathan can jump but he is nowhere near the artistic level that Yuzu is. No one is.  He is motivated in a new way and, yes, if judged fairly and he re-takes gold at Worlds, there is no doubt he will astound and amaze us all with what he achieves in the next season.  Otonal and Origin were meant to honor those who inspired him. Now, perhaps, he can honor himself.  

What you write here is so spot on and so utterly heartbreaking.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

If he actually is re-upping Ballade and Seimei, I'm sure he's going to knock our socks off with them as well. 

Suddenly Brian's comment in that interview after Euros that "when everything comes together, he can win" has a whole new flavour. They breed 'em trollish at TCC...

Also, I have to say that I was strongly considering going to 4CC when tickets first became available. I'm currently on a giant trip around the world and have plans for Egypt in March but I was so sad when none of Shoma and Jason and Jun and Nam made it to GPF that I thought perhaps I'd catch them at 4CC but March just felt too early to head back towards that side of the world so I decided not to. I've also been to S Korea a million times so I was like, no, go to Egypt and other new places while you have the chance. And then Yuzu decided to participate and I had to tell myself that it's okay, I saw him at GPF, I saw him at GPF. But now. Chopin and SEIMEI??? I have SO MUCH regret. 

:angry_party: = me in Egypt at the magnificent pyramids while 4CC is on

Hace 7 horas, Veveco said:

[I'm interrupting the 4CC panic with this picture that Nam just posted :10636614:]

Edit: Nam posted it on Twitter himself now :68271262:

Hide contents

Ohhhhh my god!!! It’s so good to see Yuzu smiling after all this time and in the middle of this ChAoS!!! 😂

Hace 4 horas, daisyjune said:

https://this.kiji.is/596520671908349025?c=39550187727945729

Kyodo Press has reported Yuzu's program change. They asked someone close to Yuzu side,

and the article says he will use Ballade No.1 and SEIMEI from 4CC.  So now I think it's official.

The impression from this article is that Yuzu will use Chopin and SEIMEI both at 4CC and Worlds.

:13877886::dpooh: I...suddenly can’t breath... just the possibility of watching both programs live at worlds... OMG... I need a minute 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hace 1 hora, Lily* said:

The news seems legit. Does this mean he is going to reuse Otonal/Origin for the next season? He said he would perform the ultimate versions of those programs if it took 3-4 years. He wouldn’t just drop them, would he? If he needs to stick to them, I hope he takes on a new set of programs next season and comes back to them for the Olympics season like he did for Pyeongchang.

I guess he would have new programs for next season but again, this is Mr. Hanyu we are talking about, so not the slightest chance to predict what he’ll be doing... but I’m sure if he pick up again at least Origin to complete it, it will kill us!!!! He does it anyway all the time...:10636614: