General Yuzuru Chat

37 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I have a feeling that it is true – with changes in choreography and layout.

He has not been consistent with his current programs and Otonal is not maximized for points. The only time he has skated both programs clean is at 2019 Skate Canada International.

He wants to win Worlds and the combination of Chopin’s Ballade No. 1 and Seimei offer the best potential for maximizing his scores. 4CC gives him the opportunity to do a competitive run through before Worlds.

If it is true, I will miss both Otonal and Origin. I will particularly miss the Origin regal purple costume and hairstyle.

If they have been changed it may be as you say because he wants to maximise points.  Whatever he does is fine by me.  I'll just watch in awe as usual.

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:LOL: I do believe that's what's called 'Living your best life', no? 

As chaotic as all this is, I really love it. Yuzu is a great man, no question. 

You know, whether he knows about this potential typo (or is, in fact, going to make a change) there is no mechanism or PR-type person to confirm or deny.  I suppose Brian or Ghislain could let people know, but they aren't in to revealing anything about any of their skaters, especially so close to a competition.  And why would they?  Eee gads, we are all so easily flummoxed!   I see this as a symptom of YDS (Yuzuru Deprivation Syndrome).  All will be better in just a few days....

47 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

If they have been changed it may be as you say because he wants to maximise points.  Whatever he does is fine by me.  I'll just watch in awe as usual.

Yuzu is the supreme strategist and I wouldn't be surprised if he has memorized The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
– Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."
– Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Well now I just don't know what to think? :scratch3: I guess it's nice that I'll get a chance to see the Olympic programs at World's, but...this seems like a really really risky move on Yuzu's part. 

Guess we'll see how things go at 4CC. :shrug:

Bye-bye purple Origin :sad-smiley-046:. You were beautiful while you lasted. 

Just now, yumeaki said:

So now we wait for Monday to hear how his brain works? 

:gla:

Could we understand, even if he explained, though? He moves in mysterious ways. 

I will miss Origin's costume the most.. both of his costumes for this number were wonderful, I loved the darker look on him.

I will miss Otonal's step sequence the most out of the 2 programs and hope he continues to use it for encores. It is perfect... that leap.... I fear he will keep Origin for another year (if competing) but I hope he is done with it. Leave tributes for exhibitions. 

Since he knows these Olympic programs so well I think it's obvious the  harder layouts will be attempted, 4A I dont know, but I think lutz for sure. 

23 minutes ago, liv said:

I will miss Origin's costume the most.. both of his costumes for this number were wonderful, I loved the darker look on him.

I will miss Otonal's step sequence the most out of the 2 programs and hope he continues to use it for encores. It is perfect... that leap.... I fear he will keep Origin for another year (if competing) but I hope he is done with it. Leave tributes for exhibitions. 

Since he knows these Olympic programs so well I think it's obvious the  harder layouts will be attempted, 4A I dont know, but I think lutz for sure. 

Purple Origin is my favorite costume, and yes that Otonal leap I will definitely miss.

I keep thinking that Origin is so fast-paced, and we saw how much it took out of him at GPF when he attempted the 5 quad layout. If he does want to do the 5 quads, maybe he finds it easier to include them in Seimei?

Idk, but I'm very excited to be able to see Seimei and Chopin live at Worlds! Thought I would never have the chance to see those programs live. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Kyodo isn't the most reliable news source, IIRC - some time back, I remember they had some inaccuracies - so I'm looking forward to seeing more Japanese media covering it or JSF making a statement.

But until then, loved the pictures with Nam and looking forward to Javi waking up and seeing them! lol

9 hours ago, Nadjell said:

I honestly would love if this happen, Seimei is my fav program from him 

I wouldn't mind he repiting it every year😂

Me too! I love the intensity and elegance on warrior style that might only Yuzu whose able doing it.

But if they should cut off the duration, I hope it will have the same vibes as the original version. 

He really likes to surprise us, isn't he?  

1 hour ago, liv said:

It's really pretty stunning that this news has been under wraps this whole time.  And almost shocking that no one at TCC leaked it, because he has to have been practicing for months - even before Japanese Nationals.  If this is true (and I'll believe it when we see it), he's more than likely to do Otonal or Origin for the "Gala". I feel like I've been thrown under a bus.  I'm not sure why.  I want him to take gold at World's and wonder if he can fit a fifth quad into Seimei while shaving 20 seconds off of it, in order to compete with NC.  

I'm already getting goosebumps just by thinking about the prospect of Chopin and Seimei making a sweet comeback! Make no mistake, I adore Otonal and Origin. But this is like your anime episode where the Hero uses his old tricks (albeit polished and sharper than before) as an ace up his sleeve and finishes all of his enemies in one majestic blow. 

GO YUZU!!!! :hachimaki: