General Yuzuru Chat

I'm not sure the deadlines are necessarily a proof of anything... it's not like the update came right after the deadline and there's still the possibility of a mistake popping up. As long as we don't know exactly how ISU's system works, how the music info is submitted and how the website is updated (to know how easily a mistake can pop up), it's hard to say, IMO, how likely it is that it's true or that it's a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

I'm not really seeing what would be to gain at this point. Otonal is great. He may be still revamping Origin but even if it's still a work in progress this field (barring major catastrophes) shouldn't really be a challenge for him. 

If it was me I'd be viewing 4cc as a dress rehearsal of a new layout for worlds.

That's my take as well. IF he does change it, I'd be really curious to hear why. I'm sure he wouldn't do it without a good reason, but I can't really imagine what that reason could be at this point.

Though actually, there are a couple of scenarios I can imagine.

Spoiler

Both imply giving up on Origin (Otonal isn't really an issue, I think, it's just that Otonal and Origin are a pair. They either both stay or both go, I think).

One implies giving up on Origin for good, which would likely result in him deciding to call it a day after Worlds. And making a last ditch effort to get his title back with his most representative program, Seimei.

The other implies giving up on Origin, for now. Doing Seimei to clean his palate and again, try to get his title back with the program he probably feels most comfortable with. Then doing something new next year, to further test and polish and develop, and then bring back Origin, bigger, better and more beautiful, for Beijing.

Those are the only two scenarios I can imagine at this point, why he would switch to Seimei now. I still find it hard to believe. But if he does such a change, I think it will have a deep meaning. And perhaps it will mean he has made a decision about the future...

And now I should take my own advice and sleep... :headdesk2:

If it isn't a typo, and he truly is going back to his Olympic programs for some reason that only he knows, at this point... well, the judges have a bit of a challenge. These programs were already judged and found to be stellar, so if he skates them well it's not like they can say suddenly he doesn't interpret the music well or composition sucks... although if they did that, the excuse would be that it's a new judging system (which should mean he benefits, but he hasn't)....

if he skates them well, and the marks aren't as they should be, he will definitely find out what the judges are telling him... how they are judged might help decide his future headingbtowards Olys, or not.

No matter what, all will be revealed within the week!!!

8 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

I...just became a fan for 2 months since november 2019 but holy this rollercoaster nhk gpf jnats and now this..this is not good for my health let me google how to unstan :shocked:

Welcome to the fanyu life! It's like this all the time. 

All I have to say about the potential program change back to Ballade & Seimei right now is "HANH?!!" , accompanied by :eek::drama:, and :smiley_hairpull:

I kinda hope it's a typo. I like Origin. A lot. I wanna see it again! 

Now if Yuzu had decided to switch back to LGC and H&L, I'd be totally psyched and excited. 

6 hours ago, Saya said:

It would be awesome and so damn entertaining if Yuzuru made it a habit to just turn-up at a competition with a selection of programs he picked at the last minute to fit his mood and/or the occasion haha. That level of randomness and nonchalance would probably go down in history:coolio:

I could see him doing this just to enjoy people's reactions. You should have seen the look on his face after he surprised everyone at the SCI Gala with PW...

I have a feeling that it is true – with changes in choreography and layout.

He has not been consistent with his current programs and Otonal is not maximized for points. The only time he has skated both programs clean is at 2019 Skate Canada International.

He wants to win Worlds and the combination of Chopin’s Ballade No. 1 and Seimei offer the best potential for maximizing his scores. 4CC gives him the opportunity to do a competitive run through before Worlds.

If it is true, I will miss both Otonal and Origin. I will particularly miss the Origin regal purple costume and hairstyle.

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Welcome to the fanyu life! It's like this all the time. 

All I have to say about the potential program change back to Ballade & Seimei right now is "HANH?!!" , accompanied by :eek::drama:, and :smiley_hairpull:

I kinda hope it's a typo. I like Origin. A lot. I wanna see it again! 

Now if Yuzu had decided to switch back to LGC and H&L, I'd be totally psyched and excited. 

I love this years costumes:loveshower:

20 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

EVERYONE including the mascot has questions! :confused:

Meanwhile Yuzu's out there taking pictures with Nam and missing Javi :hihi:

:LOL: I do believe that's what's called 'Living your best life', no? 

As chaotic as all this is, I really love it. Yuzu is a great man, no question. 

Ah alas, of course Yuzu (or ISU) had to grace us with such chaos + bring me out of my cave a tad earlier lolol. 

If this is indeed true... I'm going to miss Origin especially. It had so much potential to be a complete and total showstopper-- but if it was indeed giving bad vibes in terms of strategy or just overall feel, as long as Yuzu's happy with it, it's all good. The last thing I want is for Yuzu to come out of this season less than satisfied with things, and if that means a couple more heart palpitations on my part... I'm all for it. :xD: