General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru is always full of surprises! I'm not even going to guess if this is real or a typo! We only have 2 days to wait for the "confession" and if it is going to be Chopin and Seimei I'm a bit peeved that ISU have taken away the surprise that he obviously wanted to give us all - he LOVES to surprise us after all  :surprised_pikachu:! It gives him great pleasure to hear/see/read our views (eg. CWW - all 3 days with his Zig, Etude and R&J costumes - he could hardly contain his delight at our responses when the lights came on!!).

Anyway, whatever you think is best Yuzuru, I am totally up for it and ready to support you wholeheartedly, as always!

I wonder how the freak out would have been if they had put in something else, something new, maybe something nobody would have been able to properly identify lol

And so far IFS tweeted it as if it's actual news - I doubt they have any info we don't, though - and Max and Jackie are wondering just as we are. I still believe it's a mistake, but it seems like more and more people are starting to believe it? His brain works in mysterious ways, so I generally believe anything is possible with Yuzu lol (It would be quite insane, though)

The deadline for submitting music for 4CC is 14/1. At 17/1, Otonal and Origin are still in his ISU bio. ISU just updated most active skaters's bio around 13:25-13:27 UTC today. Even Japanese media freak out about this, pretty sure all there's no way non japanese sources would have any insider info. 

I can get why he bring back Chopin but both programs are just too chaotic at this time of the season. Luckily he doesn't have SNS account since he set the whole FS fandom on fire without one multiple times.  

It would be awesome and so damn entertaining if Yuzuru made it a habit to just turn-up at a competition with a selection of programs he picked at the last minute to fit his mood and/or the occasion haha. That level of randomness and nonchalance would probably go down in history:coolio:

Yuzu never won Worlds with SEIMEI or Chopin ... and he’s never won 4CC with any programme and never performed these 2 programmes at 4CC at all ... he won GPF though with them .... so if he manages Gold at 4CC and Worlds in 2020, his two very favourite programmes will have won all 4 major competitions - Olys, Worlds, 4CC and GPF! (Javi, come back and skate them both at next season's Euros and they could do the grandest grand slam lol!! or even better, ISU let Yuzu himself compete at Euros as a special guest, as he is so very special to us all in the FS community!! OK....I know that's not gonna really happen! :smiley-char023:)

So I put my phone down for like 2 hours and open Insta to find maximum chaos. What is he doing to us?? 

My thoughts are that he's already gotten 112 or so for Chopin before and it seems like it's perhaps less taxing than Otonal (those twizzle sandwiches!) but it's still been very well favoured for GOE and PCS. As for Seimei, I just watched it and I while I don't know where he's going to chop the 30 seconds from (those cross rolls better stay!), I can see where he might swap some jumps for others. It's also beloved by  everyone, even the judges, and there's no room for docking PCS because it is on point and Seimei is his. If there's ever a program that people will associate with Yuzu, it's Seimei. Plus he never got to 'complete' it - whatever he was building to for the Olympics was taken from him with the injury and we know he's sentimental so perhaps returning to Korea feels like the right place to get his perfect Seimei since Korea was where he had intended to perfect it, and if he wins he makes history again like he did last time with the 2nd OGM.

Also, another possible reason he wanted to do 4CC (besides that gold) might be because he wanted to get a competition in with Seimei (I imagine it's the one he envisioned for the Olympics, perhaps amped up even more) before Montreal. Maybe we'll get Origin again next season. I doubt he'll leave it unfinished and I doubt he's abandoned his 4A dreams. Maybe we'll get Origin at Montreal even (if he is still working on the 5-quad layout but he doesn't want to do it for 4CC if he doesn't need it to beat Nathan but doesn't want to go back to the 1.0 layout at this stage? Or something.). I'm not sure anyone should listen to me. I'm confused. My apologies for the far-fetched rambling. My brain has been bamyuzulled. 

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

This will be Seimei music cut number what? 33?

Poor the man who cuts his music. ^^"

33 or who knows how many times Yano had to cut Seimei this time :smiley-laughing021:

16 minutes ago, Katt said:

The deadline for submitting music for 4CC is 14/1. At 17/1, Otonal and Origin are still in his ISU bio. ISU just updated most active skaters's bio around 13:25-13:27 UTC today. Even Japanese media freak out about this, pretty sure all there's no way non japanese sources would have any insider info. 

I noticed that too and I think it was an automatic update, but I think if it wasn't correct they would have already edited it/corrected it?

This is why I'm so looking forward to that Confession thing in the TV, I am so curious to hear what his thoughts are.

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I noticed that too and I think it was an automatic update, but I think if it wasn't correct they would have already edited it/corrected it?

When Han Yan and Brezina's bio got swap, it took almost a week to fix it. But this is Yuzuru so I'm sure there's some media people trying to contact with ISU. Japanese media might be on fire when they wake up. Lets wait and see. Here i thought i would be in my peaceful cave for another 2 days before the whole week of stress :drama:  

I don't know if anybody has already mentioned this but I just took a look at the official list of entries for the men's competion at 4CC and Nathan is not on the list.  I don't know how that might effect the dynamics of the competition for Yuzu but I can't think it not significant.  Also in another article I learned that Shoma will not be there either.  He's saving his strength for the world competition.  With those two out of the picture I'm hoping it won't encourage a dangerous overconfidence on Yuzu's part.  One other note about Shoma - He's moved to Switzerland and is making Stephan Lambiel his permanent coach.

14 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Gosh, I don't like Art on Ice but I will miss Origin 2 costume so much.:64341262:

I'm going to miss it too if he does change the FS. Gorgeous costume.

3a56b26793446c1acd04a8293dff164537f9c03d

e35e9274d986df28a1a2fc662628a376ff6b3860

source: (x)

11 minutes ago, Katt said:

When Han Yan and Brezina's bio got swap, it took almost a week to fix it. But this is Yuzuru so I'm sure there's some media people trying to contact with ISU. Japanese media might be on fire when they wake up. Lets wait and see. Here i thought i would be in my peaceful cave for another 2 days before the whole week of stress :drama:  

If they doesn't fix it by tomorrow afternoon JPN time (which is morning Europe time) then the possibility of the change will be really high. I think they would fix it asap if the media contacts ISU (their data operator, or whoever is in charge of these things...on Sunday).

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't know if anybody has already mentioned this but I just took a look at the official list of entries for the men's competion at 4CC and Nathan is not on the list.  I don't know how that might effect the dynamics of the competition for Yuzu but I can't think it not significant.  Also in another article I learned that Shoma will not be there either.  He's saving his strength for the world competition.  With those two out of the picture I'm hoping it won't encourage a dangerous overconfidence on Yuzu's part.  One other note about Shoma - He's moved to Switzerland and is making Stephan Lambiel his permanent coach.

These news have already been shared in various threads on this forum before (Team USA/US Nationals competition thread and Team Japan thread). You can see the full entry list in the 4CC Practice thread that is now open.