General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't believe he can grow a beard LOL put he can try to prove me wrong

I have to agree.  Yuzu has seemed to me to be someone for whom shaving is something to do on an 'as needed' basis.  In my younger days my beard only became apparent after about four or five days of not shaving.  I saved a fortune on razor blades but in an era when sideburns were fashionable I had to compensate for my lack by always wearing my hair over my ears.

10 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I've just found this very short clip and I'm very curious, could somebody please translate it?

It is Yuzu talking about Let's go crazy

(thank you and I hope he blesses us with this program again at 4CC <3)

(If I understood correctly) Yuzu says that he improvised quite a bit, particularly that the hand movements during spins were his own addition. That spins are generally free and that matching gestures to the music is one of his specialties, so he does that (it's one 'weapon' he has). But while he doesn't say it directly, there are hints that there are other changes in choreo - after the jumps are done, to match his feeling at the time - too... now I'd be curious for FS pros who can identify steps and such, to analyze the different LGC and see if there really were changes and how big changes. But if true, I guess it further goes to show how amazing Yuzu's musicality is, that just letting himself be carried away by the music, as opposed to just strictly following a plan, resulted in such an amazing and on the beat program.

Random one - hopefully this is an ok thread to post it in.

Does anyone have the Telesport commentary (Yulia and a male Russian) for Olys SP and FS that they might be willing to share? I’ve checked the videos and can’t see it; unfortunately the video I had appears to have vanished the way the last 10€ in your purse does when you need cash and I’ll be darned if I can find a copy anywhere...

2 hours ago, Twistingtones said:

Random one - hopefully this is an ok thread to post it in.

Does anyone have the Telesport commentary (Yulia and a male Russian) for Olys SP and FS that they might be willing to share? I’ve checked the videos and can’t see it; unfortunately the video I had appears to have vanished the way the last 10€ in your purse does when you need cash and I’ll be darned if I can find a copy anywhere...

:) 

9 hours ago, Dreamer said:

It will be another challenge for Yuzu, but his upper lip only seems to have a little down, not hair per se.

Yeah, judging from some practice vids, at most he'd probably only manage a thin moustache. I think he's said he doesn't even shave every day? 

Javi's got him beat there. :snmouchotto: