General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

If this happens, the chinese athletes may not be able to compete in 4cc :( but of course health and safety always comes first! Praying for the virus to stop spreading and for everyone to be safe and healthy 🙏🏻

I don't think there is any indication that the government would actually implement such a blanket ban - this is just a petition, and while half a million people is a lot, it's still less than 1% of the population. Various kinds of travel restrictions and extra checks can be put into place, but I very much doubt the South Korean government would impose a complete ban on all incoming Chinese nationals. So far, I've heard that some countries might restrict entry of people who aren't able to provide any documentation about their health.  But the health of athletes is constantly monitored anyway, and they get their bloodwork done regularly etc, so I doubt this would be too much of a barrier to them. Some spectators might find it more difficult to travel, though, which is why I guess so many people are already selling their tickets. 

1 hour ago, glilikoi said:

I don't think there is any indication that the government would actually implement such a blanket ban - this is just a petition, and while half a million people is a lot, it's still less than 1% of the population. Various kinds of travel restrictions and extra checks can be put into place, but I very much doubt the South Korean government would impose a complete ban on all incoming Chinese nationals. So far, I've heard that some countries might restrict entry of people who aren't able to provide any documentation about their health.  But the health of athletes is constantly monitored anyway, and they get their bloodwork done regularly etc, so I doubt this would be too much of a barrier to them. Some spectators might find it more difficult to travel, though, which is why I guess so many people are already selling their tickets. 

My country, Malaysia, yesterday announced that it will stop issuing visas to those from Wuhan and Hubei province.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/01/27/coronavirus-travel-ban-malaysia-stops-visas-for-chinese-travellers-from-affected-areas

Although Wuhan has been on lockdown since Jan 23, there are those entering through neighbouring countries like Singapore & Thailand. 

Even Philippines which sent back a few hundred Wuhan tourists are Not implementing a total ban of all China nationals.

I have read that approval from WHO is needed for total ban.

For athletes, they are not traveling for pleasure but work and honour of their country.

So, by logic, the skaters should be exempted from China's outbound travel restriction. The host country should be able to receive them as long as they are not from ground zero areas & dont show symptoms.

14 minutes ago, Purple said:

My country, Malaysia, yesterday announced that it will stop issuing visas to those from Wuhan and Hubei province.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/01/27/coronavirus-travel-ban-malaysia-stops-visas-for-chinese-travellers-from-affected-areas

Although Wuhan has been on lockdown since Jan 23, there are those entering through neighbouring countries like Singapore & Thailand. 

Even Philippines which sent back a few hundred Wuhan tourists are Not implementing a total ban of all China nationals.

I have read that approval from WHO is needed for total ban.

For athletes, they are not traveling for pleasure but work and honour of their country.

So, by logic, the skaters should be exempted from China's outbound travel restriction. The host country should be able to receive them as long as they are not from ground zero areas & dont show symptoms.

The problem is people can be infectious and show no symptoms with this virus. 

Being kpop fan as well I see the news that many artists postpone their events where large crowds are expected.  Big TV broadcasters announced that this week shows that are always recorded with live audience will take place but with all necessary safety precautions but they warned if the situation changes at the end of the week live audience may be banned. All that news brings me some panic whether 4cc actually take place next week at all. People everywhere are advised not to meddle with crowds now. 

1 hour ago, holina said:

Going back to talk about retixxxxxx, when will Yuma and Shun become senior?  Do you think Yuzu may think that by taking up a senior spot he would be preventing them to go to important combos?  Just a thought.

Unless he is being unfairly propped up based on reputation (which he is laughably...not), him retiring to "make room" for others makes zero sense and will likely do them more harm than good. Plus it's not like any man has really stepped up to truly earn even the 3rd Worlds spot in Japan yet. Skaters benefit from being pushed by better skaters and from skating in high-pressure competitions even at a national level. Look at all the tough domestic competitions the Russian ladies have to go through; they come out tough as nails when they get to the big events. In the end, it's still a sport, and having to step up to the plate, both nationally and internationally, helps a young skater grow. 

2 hours ago, holina said:

Going back to talk about retixxxxxx, when will Yuma and Shun become senior?  Do you think Yuzu may think that by taking up a senior spot he would be preventing them to go to important combos?  Just a thought.

In my humble opinion, when Yuma or Shun become senior, they just have to fight for their spot in Japanese Team, just like Yuzuru or Shoma have to fight for their spot, if they are competing. No spot given to anybody, including Yuzuru or Shoma, or Yuma or Shun.

It is a competition, not a gift.

12 hours ago, Veveco said:

4CC, also known as "Yuzu & friends 2020" featuring (in no particular order) Jason, Jun, Nam, Roman, Keegan, Camden, Kazuki, Boyang, Han Yan, and more.... Should be a fun competition. I foresee gala shenanigans :studsmatta:

I'm looking forward to this competition so much! We have hope to see some really really good skating and entertaining performances again. Not a painful jumping contest. Another Skate Canada-like competition would be sooo healing for my skating soul :loveshower:

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I was feeling upset and tense , anticipating this competition, until now. That's lightened my expectations considerably. :space:

And now, I am, insanely, trying to figure out if I can go.  So hard to get tickets, and the way all-event tickets are set-up (not that I want one, specifically) requires an actual physical hand-off which will be impossible for Chinese fans. I am, truly, out of my mind....but all my favorites will be there.

58 minutes ago, barbara said:

And now, I am, insanely, trying to figure out if I can go.  So hard to get tickets, and the way all-event tickets are set-up (not that I want one, specifically) requires an actual physical hand-off which will be impossible for Chinese fans. I am, truly, out of my mind....but all my favorites will be there.

YOLO, but save some energy for Montreal!!

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

YOLO, but save some energy for Montreal!!

I recognize the insanity of even considering 4CC - I've sent an email to the ticket people to see if it's even possible to transfer tickets.  I can get there (checked this morning) though have a fear of being stuck there should the virus make it's way to Korea and the US blocks travelers returning.  I'd say there's only a 10% chance of me going.  It is, after all, only 6 weeks until Worlds.  (but Yuzu, Jason, Jun, Camden, Roman, Conrad, Keegan, Nam etc...)

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I recognize the insanity of even considering 4CC - I've sent an email to the ticket people to see if it's even possible to transfer tickets.  I can get there (checked this morning) though have a fear of being stuck there should the virus make it's way to Korea and the US blocks travelers returning.  I'd say there's only a 10% chance of me going.  It is, after all, only 6 weeks until Worlds.  (but Yuzu, Jason, Jun, Camden, Roman, Conrad, Keegan, Nam etc...)

Well, the chance is VERY high that 4CC will be less frustrating and therefore much more enjoyable than Worlds. I don't see any skater in the 4CC entry list, who is famous for excessive overscoring, aye? :ummm: