General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Please go back to the not saying anything about Yuzu under pain of death strategy from the Olympics, Brian. Every time I read an interview from him lately I find myself thinking "this is so unhelpful."

Yeah, I thought that this time too. Brian didn't sound as definite and positive about Yuzu's abilities as he normally does.  Talking about 'when it all comes together, Yuzu can win'  is totally the wrong mindset. 

I prefer not to criticize Yuzu's coaches, so all I'm going to say is, Stay positive, Brian! Yuzu needs that. 

Anyway, I'm not surprised that Yuzu was exhausted after JNats. It was a long hard road this fall and he obviously did need to rest. Maybe Yuzu overestimated his own capacity to do competition after competition. But that part of the season is done and has nothing to do with what's next. I'm not going to make the mistake of underestimating Yuzu for 4CC or Worlds. 

Yuzu's going to have a great 4CC, amaze us all (again) and achieve exactly what he wants to achieve, including gold. I decree it, because I have a good feeling about it. 

Positive energy, guys. We need to bring it right now! 

I am sure Brian has no idea if Nathan will compete, it's just an assumption he's making and now some will take it as a fact.... and I didn't take too much from his comments about Yuzu.

And I am sure Yuzu will  have a good 4CC. He's had time to rest and refocus and I'm sure going back to Korea will bring back positive memories for him. It is a new challenge and when you have things to look forward to, well, you have things to look forward to!!

...I am still sick/ill lying on the couch most of the time since before Turin, and therefore I have all the time in the world to watch fs:-).

I watched every minute of the European Championships, and during this time I often felt the impulse to watch some of Yuzurus programmes...watching others skate seems to get me the need to watch his skating.

All day long today I wanted to watch Nice 2012 Romeo and Juliet after the ladies free, and I just did, with Italian commentary.

It was the performance that hooked me back then, and it was as fascinating as ever: the Italian commentators hooked on, the audience in the venue got it, it was such a special moment in time...he was not famous then, but everyone understood: something special is happening:-).

I am on a way to try to blend out any future rivalries, possible lost victories, whatever. Nothing will make me lose this indescribable, intangible experience of watching Yuzuru Hanyu skate, be it live or on video.

I am afraid I am writing a little bit too emotional ? :-), but it is so important to me. I am so happy he fought so hard all the time, so I have the privilege to experience his art. 

Watching Romeo and Juliet again: what a fight! How people reacted to him even back then! 

I hope he will have a happy and fulfilling 4CC:-).

edit: this spiral thing he did in Nice while rising up still makes my heart skip a beat:-)

5 hours ago, liv said:

I am sure Brian has no idea if Nathan will compete, it's just an assumption he's making and now some will take it as a fact.... and I didn't take too much from his comments about Yuzu.

And I am sure Yuzu will  have a good 4CC. He's had time to rest and refocus and I'm sure going back to Korea will bring back positive memories for him. It is a new challenge and when you have things to look forward to, well, you have things to look forward to!!

AFAIK US competitors haven't been announced yet.

58 minutes ago, raebia said:

...I am still sick/ill lying on the couch most of the time since before Turin, and therefore I have all the time in the world to watch fs:-).

I watched every minute of the European Championships, and during this time I often felt the impulse to watch some of Yuzurus programmes...watching others skate seems to get me the need to watch his skating.

All day long today I wanted to watch Nice 2012 Romeo and Juliet after the ladies free, and I just did, with Italian commentary.

It was the performance that hooked me back then, and it was as fascinating as ever: the Italian commentators hooked on, the audience in the venue got it, it was such a special moment in time...he was not famous then, but everyone understood: something special is happening:-).

I am on a way to try to blend out any future rivalries, possible lost victories, whatever. Nothing will make me lose this indescribable, intangible experience of watching Yuzuru Hanyu skate, be it live or on video.

I am afraid I am writing a little bit too emotional ? :-), but it is so important to me. I am so happy he fought so hard all the time, so I have the privilege to experience his art. 

Watching Romeo and Juliet again: what a fight! How people reacted to him even back then! 

I hope he will have a happy and fulfilling 4CC:-).

edit: this spiral thing he did in Nice while rising up still makes my heart skip a beat:-)

I hope you feel better real soon! I'm sick too so I'm mostly laying around all day. I've watched some of Europeans but get bored without Yuzuru so I take breaks.

I love love love Yuzuru's romeo and juliet in Nice!!! One of my favorites to watch!  The music is amazing and yuzuru is beyond amazing skating to it! 

Praying Yuzuru will have a great 4CC!!

10 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

ofc the cats (and Yuzu) are cute but why....had Yuzu been drawn so seductively??? :tumblr_inline_mnvwrg4ssV1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mnvwrg4ssV1qz4rgp:

I mean, not that I complain, it's just that it's kinda unexpected to see in a cutesy drawing 😅😅😂

Maybe they're trying to make him look like a cat? It's a very kittenish pose.

2 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Apparently some Chinese fanyus are choosing to cancel their trip to 4CC to avoid risking spreading the Wuhan virus. It's a tough decision but a very kind and responsible act. I hope everyone from the forum is safe...

Oh dear 🙀😨😱😧😢, I do hope they all will get better soon as well 🙏🙏🙏.