General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

https://twitter.com/tomiryu345/status/1221005918936023041?s=19

I have just watched this on Twitter. He met Yuzu in 2014 and has some very nice and interesting words about Yuzu. I want to share it here though my Japanese is not good enough to translate that.:2lbkos0:

I listened to this while working, it's pretty long but he said some nice things. He's basically bringing up this old story from 2014 to promote his current Youtube channel, which is kind of opportunistic, but he's being self-aware about that and seems genuine so I'll give him a pass :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Just to summarise some key points 

- He's the same age as Yuzu, he was in his university's cheerleading club when Yuzu came to visit Beppu for an ice show in 2014. He lifted Yuzu by his hands for a commemorative picture. He was living in a tiny room and didn't have a TV, so he had no idea at the time who Yuzu was. But everyone else was excited about the visit so he remembers being caught up in the excitement too. Afterwards, his sister posted about it excitedly on FB and he only investigated then why Yuzu was that famous.

- He says Yuzu has a very good energy and his fans also seem kind-hearted, he thinks Yuzu is sending positive energy to his fans, while he is also probably attracting these kinds of 'good people'. He hasn't received any negative comments from fanyus and thinks there seems to be a nice sense of community/unity. He says he kind of considers himself a fan now too/will continue to support Yuzu.

- He talks abt how he's a Youtuber now and how Yuzu's influence is so great that even though Yuzu has no idea who this guy is, he's still kind of received a favour from him through this attention his channel is getting through the story. He's kind of apologetic about using this story to promote his channel.

- He also talks abt how Yuzu seems like someone translucent and ethereal, like he shouldn't age and it hard for him to process that Yuzu will also become old one day (they're the same age). Says he thinks Yuzu will become sexier with age, like a dandy (:D).

57 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

https://twitter.com/tomiryu345/status/1221005918936023041?s=19

I have just watched this on Twitter. He met Yuzu in 2014 and has some very nice and interesting words about Yuzu. I want to share it here though my Japanese is not good enough to translate that.:2lbkos0:

He's this guy holding Yuzu's hands.

The original photo was taken 2014 when Yuzu and other skaters visited  Beppu for figure skating exhibition. Yuzu and Akiko Suzuki had visited the prefecture office and asked them to build a skating rink. 

This blog post shows some photos from back then.

https://ameblo.jp/inakoshi17/entry-12557275769.html

I've found a YT video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31KkE6br-vE

Anyway, the guy holding Yuzu's hands was a member of cheer leading team at the time (he now does Parkour/freerunning). He's taking about Yuzu's hands from the memories back then. He said the hands were soft like a girl's and white/pale. On his other twitter posts, he said he didn't know who Yuzu was as he didn't watch TV. But now he's realised and found out how much Yuzu can impact you by getting RT and likes through twitter posts. 

ETA: While I was trying to post, @glilikoi had posted a summary of the guy's post. Thanks!! :2thumbsup:

5 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Have you seen this one?

"You know, Yuzu had a very difficult schedule, doing NHK, the Grand-Prix Final and then Japan Nationals. He did many trips in a short time. He was deflated coming back from Nationals, since he didn’t win. It took a while to get his competitive spirit back. In fact, he was exhausted and he needed to rest!"

Yeah, totally understandable. I mean: even I was completely exhausted after GPF and JNats. I don't want to imagine how it must have felt for Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

"Nathan will be at Four-Continents as well, and he’ll be competitive…"

So, Nathan plans to compete at 4CC, too?! Oh, well. That much about my tiny hopes for stress-free 4CC :13877886:

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

:10636614::10636614::10636614:

Yuzu with cats is all you need to be happy :loveshower:

29 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

"Nathan will be at Four-Continents as well, and he’ll be competitive…"

So, Nathan plans to compete at 4CC, too?! Oh, well. That much about my tiny hopes for stress-free 4CC :13877886:

I doubt very much Brian has knowledge if Nathan plans to compete there. We will probably know in 1-2 days if it is in his plans.

3 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Please go back to the not saying anything about Yuzu under pain of death strategy from the Olympics, Brian. Every time I read an interview from him lately I find myself thinking "this is so unhelpful."

I feel exactly the same... Brian's interviews cause me both physical and mental pain :13877886:

Thank God, there is Yuzu with cats.